Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Winners and Losers

Winners and Losers
« on: February 02, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »
Despite what the divas do after today...

1.  Alabama
The ability to keep signing blue chips even though playing time is limited and the coaching staff seems to be headed towards a big change.  Alabama once again solidified itself as an SEC contender over the next two-three years with their ability to fill depth with quality young players.

2.  Auburn
Despite the negative reporting from the media throughout the 2010 season, Auburn has locked up a top 3 class.  More important than the overall team ranking is the fact that Auburn filled positions of need with high quality high school athletes.  If Chizik and Co. can keep coaching like they did in 2010, they'll be set to compete for the SEC title over the next two-three years.

3.  USC
Somehow USC managed to sign 30 players.  Aren't they on probation?  Somehow, USC managed to sign 30 high quality players despite having Lane Kiffin as the coach and the NCAA hammer as the AD.  Innocent until proven guilty: I suppose we must give Kiffin praise for a good class.

4.  Florida St
Florida St is right back in it with a good coach in Jimbo Fisher and a solid recruiting class.  This class is good enough to get the hype started and lead to a few more good recruiting classes down the road.

5.  Tennessee
Tennessee has pushed itself back into the recruiting world with this class.  It may not be chocked full of blue chippers, but it's good enough to make the future look bright.  It's also good enough to sell to recruits down the road and maybe pull in a few 5 star superstars over the next few years.

Losers
1.  Miss State
A complete blowout against Michigan.  A big win over Ole Miss.  A huge upset of Florida.  Almost beat Auburn.  This should have been Mullen's coming out party in recruiting.  Instead, it's a dud. 

2.  South Carolina
Similar to Miss State, USCe could have made a big splash on the recruiting scene after pulling in Lattimore last year and making an appearance in the SECCG.  Instead, they're sitting in the 20s in terms of team rankings, and they're pinning their hopes on one kid, Jadeveon Clowney.

3.  Miami (Fl)
This is connected to your coaching hire because you could have made serious noise in recruiting if you would have pulled in the right guy.  Miami always recruits well.  I understand you fired your coach, but you could have at least gotten more than 2 four star players based on location alone.

4.  Maryland
You're really a loser for firing your long time successful coach and replacing him with someone who may not be as good.  You wanted to be at the top of the ACC.  Well, you're sitting at #45 on the team rankings on Rivals.  Not exactly stellar decision making if you ask me.

5.  Washington St.
I get it.  You're irrelevant.  You're horrible.  But 14 two stars?  Yeesh.  At least pay a few three stars to give yourselves a chance against Idaho St.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole