Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sanctum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Sanctum
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:03:16 PM »
The new James Cameron movie is about cave diving. These stupid mofos go miles underground and when they can't go any farther because they hit water, they just strap on dive gear and look for an entrance into another cave. Of course if something goes wrong... They are dead.  Like a reverse Mount Everest, except that instead of dying with the sun on your face and sky above, there's nothing above you but tons and tons of rock and dirt.

One of my few phobias is being unable to move in a confined space. Not true claustrophobia but being trapped, and completely imobilized, knowing I am going to die.   I have had nightmares for years about being stuck in a cave.

So I read the book the movie is based on.  Reading about these people that died so far underground upset me badly - worse than I imagined it would. NO FREAKING WAY will I see this movie since you know Cameron will kill people off in dramatic fashion.  I would have nightmares for the rest of my life.

Anyway - for you drama addicts - the book was compelling. Movie is probably the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Sanctum
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 01:05:43 PM »
I feel very much the same way.  Didn't need to read the book to feel that way about this flick.  However, your heads up tells me I need to avoid it like the plague.

:sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions