Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Nick Fairley just tweeted...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Nick Fairley just tweeted...
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »
And I quote:

"Saban to the Titans? What y'all think?"

Discuss...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Nick Fairley just tweeted...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 05:24:07 PM »
I think I would stop pulling for the Titans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »
Think he would draft Newton?  His first order of business with the Dolphins was to grab Ronnie Brown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »
How long would he have lasted there had he signed Drew Brees and not Culpepper?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 05:30:39 PM »
Quentin Groves also tweeted "Saban to the Titans...if so we are gonna run Alabama for the next 10 years."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »
Probably tired of all the shit he got from the unwashed masses over the Iron Bowl loss.  I'd be getting the hell out of dodge too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 06:55:12 PM »
And the fact that Coach Cheeeze is waxin' that Ass in recruitin in-state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »
And the fact that Coach Cheeeze is waxin' that Ass in recruitin in-state.

OMG!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 07:11:35 PM »
OMG!!!!
Seriously, wanna take a quick look at the Top 10 recruits, in-state?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 07:24:12 PM »
Seriously, wanna take a quick look at the Top 10 recruits, in-state?

Until the NCAA says Universities can only recruit inside it's own state, winning in-state recruiting battles means little to nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 07:26:21 PM »
Out of all the coaches mentioned from the so called NFL gurus, Saban was only mentioned once. Although, Gruden seems to be a name mentioned a good bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 07:59:32 PM »
Until the NCAA says Universities can only recruit inside it's own state, winning in-state recruiting battles means little to nothing.

Soooo...you're in step 2 of the Sabanation process?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »
Soooo...you're in step 2 of the Sabanation process?

I've seen his cattle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »
When the instate recruits are among the top 20-25 at their position, then I'd say it matters. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 09:15:22 PM »
WEAK!
I thought you were better than that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 09:29:26 PM »
WEAK!
I thought you were better than that.

I'm trying not to get into this recruiting pissing match, but fuck it.

Rivals
Alabama -- 1
Auburn -- 6

Scout
Auburn -- 3
Alabama -- 8

ESPN
Alabama -- 3
Auburn -- 8

Alabama leads in 2 of the 3 major recruiting sites.  Until Alabama is 10-15 spots behind Auburn on the recruiting sites, I will disregard any idiot who tries to use the phrase "waxin' that ass" In-state or not.  It's equivalent to a politician boasting about winning a single district while he's losing the overall voter count. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 10:13:58 PM »
I'm trying not to get into this recruiting pissing match, but fuck it.

Rivals
Alabama -- 1
Auburn -- 6

Scout
Auburn -- 3
Alabama -- 8

ESPN
Alabama -- 3
Auburn -- 8

Alabama leads in 2 of the 3 major recruiting sites.  Until Alabama is 10-15 spots behind Auburn on the recruiting sites, I will disregard any idiot who tries to use the phrase "waxin' that ass" In-state or not.  It's equivalent to a politician boasting about winning a single district while he's losing the overall voter count.

OUTSTANDING!  And that has shit to do directly with the subject of IN STATE recruiting which was the subject. 

But let's stick with yours. 

Now I don't keep up with it REAL close, but I heard today that even after graduation, and NFL early defections, that Alabama has to clear 14 spots to sign a 25 player class.  So, of that #1 class, you have to subtract the talent, most likely talent that didn't pan out.   Remember Star Jackson was a 4 or 5 star QB as part of Saban's first NC crootin' class...is he still on campus?  Who was the other 5 star kid that just recently t'fered to South Alabama? 

Crootin' matters!  No doubt, but bammers claimed they'd own the state when Saban arrived, and he's getting his ass kicked in state, and Auburn is keeping pace with them overall in recruiting.  A #1 class is a #8 class when one five star fails to pan out.  If you're in the top 5, you're in REAL good shape.  If you are in the top 10 and have little to no attrition, and good luck with the talent, you might realistically have a top 3 class when all is said and done.  All this is well known...

The subject was in state crootin'.  And bammers are singing a different tune these days about that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 10:35:40 PM »
OUTSTANDING!  And that has shit to do directly with the subject of IN STATE recruiting which was the subject. 

Now I don't keep up with it REAL close, but I heard today that even after graduation, and NFL early defections, that Alabama has to clear 14 spots to sign a 25 player class.  So, of that #1 class, you have to subtract the talent, most likely talent that didn't pan out.   Remember Star Jackson was a 4 or 5 star QB as part of Saban's first NC crootin' class...is he still on campus?  Who was the other 5 star kid that just recently t'fered to South Alabama? 

Crootin' matters!  No doubt, but bammers claimed they'd own the state when Saban arrived, and he's getting his ass kicked in state, and Auburn is keeping pace with them overall in recruiting.  A #1 class is a #8 class when one five star fails to pan out.  If you're in the top 5, you're in REAL good shape.  If you are in the top 10 and have little to no attrition, and good luck with the talent, you might realistically have a top 3 class when all is said and done.  All this is well known...

The subject was in state crootin'.  And bammers are singing a different tune these days about that. 
^^THIS^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 10:37:11 PM »

Obviously, my OMG post was lost on you and prowler.  I'll clarify what I thought I did a good job of pointing out already. 

I'm not arguing that Auburn is or isn't winning the in-state battle, I'm saying that as long as Alabama is ranked in the top 10 nationally and is filling it's needs, it isn't getting waxed by any team on the recruiting front.  If you and prowler (or anyone else) wants to crow about Saban getting his ass waxed in-state, while his out of state recruits are trumping your instate recruits, go ahead.

Auburn does own the state this year, but it has nothing to do with recruiting.  That battle was won on Black Friday.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions