Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Captain America

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Captain America
« on: January 31, 2011, 01:37:49 PM »
Do we really not have a thread for this yet?   :-X

"Scripts had been developed that took place half in World War Two, half in the modern day and none of those scripts were particularly successful because the costume ended up overshadowing the man," says Marvel chief Kevin Feige. "So we finally said, 'If we could make a Captain America movie any way we wanted to make it, how would we make it?' Well, we'd set the entire movie in the past, in that period, with all of the Marvel trimmings. And so we made the fun, kick-ass Captain America movie we wanted to."

"I've always loved Raiders and the tone that it had," says director Joe Johnston. "It was period but didn't feel like it was made in the period. It felt like a modern-day film about the period, which is what we're doing on Captain America. It will not feel like a war movie. It's funny where it needs to be and emotional where it needs to be and serious and full of action."

And he's not just an American hero, argues Evans. "I think he's the ideal human," says Evans. "Not just American. It's what being a good person is. Steve's managed to overcome all the shortcomings he's had in life and he does what's good and what he believes is right."

;)

trailer attached to the superbowl this weekend
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

chinook

Re: Captain America
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »
Wasn't there a hidden movie reference in Iron Man 2? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:20:50 PM »
Hulk had a reference, with Tony Stark appearing to talk to the general.   There is also a deleted scene with Cap's shield in the ice.

http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-america-found-in-the-incredible-hulk-deleted-scene/

At the end of Iron Man 1, Nick Fury appears post credits.  End of Iron Man 2, they find Thor's hammer.

I'm curious if they can get all these characters to mesh in The Avengers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 02:32:51 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 08:07:52 PM »
So, excuse the geek in me, but what the fuck is the Human Torch from Fantastic 4 doing as Captain America?

How are they going to swing that crossover, especially in light of the Avengers movie that's supposed to be one big orgy of the Marvel Universe all these recent Marvel flicks have been leading up to?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 07:16:57 AM »
So, excuse the geek in me, but what the fuck is the Human Torch from Fantastic 4 doing as Captain America?

How are they going to swing that crossover, especially in light of the Avengers movie that's supposed to be one big orgy of the Marvel Universe all these recent Marvel flicks have been leading up to?

Fantastic 4 aren't part of the Avengers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 11:20:43 AM »
Fantastic 4 aren't part of the Avengers.
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Comic book pwnge 1337!?!??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 11:41:19 AM »
Uh. Why were there scenes from "Rules of Engagement" in that trailer?

Did I miss something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »
Uh. Why were there scenes from "Rules of Engagement" in that trailer?

Did I miss something?

It's just a trailer that some random person made.  Looks like there were scenes from "Valkyrie" also.

There's lots of that shit out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 01:31:38 PM »
It's just a trailer that some random person made.  Looks like there were scenes from "Valkyrie" also.

There's lots of that shit out there.
Plus the blockbuster movie Push...I was kinda half paying attention to it the first time I watched it, but now I realize why I was confused by it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »
yea.  Not the best trailer but after a secondary search there just aren't many/any good ones out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 02:18:55 PM »
Good lord, so the glut of bad comic movies will continue unabated?  Wait, that is redundant.  So, the glut of comic movies will continue unabated?

Fuck Hollywood thrice in the nostril.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 02:26:11 PM »
Good lord, so the glut of bad comic movies will continue unabated?  Wait, that is redundant.  So, the glut of comic movies will continue unabated?

THIS

I prefer captain insano. He shows no mercy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 03:08:12 PM »
THIS

I prefer captain insano. He shows no mercy.

The movie quotes are spilling over from the Signing Day threads.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 03:14:04 PM »
The movie quotes are spilling over from the Signing Day threads.

Integration my friend. Degrees of separation if you will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 03:32:13 PM »

I agree with the premise, however for every 5th shitty comic movie they do make 1 decent.  (see new Batman and Iron Man)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 03:38:38 PM »
I agree with the premise, however for every 5th shitty comic movie they do make 1 decent.  (see new Batman and Iron Man)

Exceptions that prove the rule.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 03:43:56 PM »
Exceptions that prove the rule.
Not disagreeing
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 04:32:47 PM »
I agree with the premise, however for every 5th poopty comic movie they do make 1 decent.  (see new Batman and Iron Man)

What are you talking about?  Ang Lee's Hulk was awesome!  Especially when Hulk turned to Major Talbot and said, "I wish I knew how to quit you."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.