Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pathetic excuse for journalism

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Pathetic excuse for journalism
« on: January 29, 2011, 10:06:57 AM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/01/flipping_over_for_calloway_as.html

An absolute disgrace.  The Birmingham News should be strafed with Napalm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Pathetic excuse for journalism
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 10:16:09 AM »
Stay tuned??? For what exactly? This dude is a clown.

However, after this article, no one can say shit about us paying off the family...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 10:32:09 AM »
Wow.

First of all, fuck his dad for those giving them those kinds of sound bytes.

But it that article just snowballed into a worse and worse right until the end, as if the author had to force himself to quit writing because he was getting himself so worked up.

The Trooper "theatrics"? And then to end on this melodramatic bullshit?

For the past month, Auburn has had his heart. For three years previous, Alabama held it.
Calloway is content with the decision.
The father who took him under his wing wants him to honor the original vow.
:fu:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »
So he gets a letter:

Your article on Brent Calloway is the most pathetic, biased piece of garbage masquerading as journalism I’ve ever seen in my life. 

You characterize Trooper Taylor’s contribution to Auburn as “theatrics” and allow Calloway’s “guardian  to chastise the Auburn sideline for “high fiving” but say nothing about the eye-popping, mouth-foaming rages customary from Alabama coach Nick Saban and ignore his rabid-dog ass slapping of a backup quarterback?  Disgraceful. And inexcusable.

You note “widespread speculation that Calloway may switch back to Alabama.”   Where is this speculation?  So far as I can ascertain, it’s restricted to the most lunatic of fringes on Bama message boards. 

The purpose of this pathetic load of horse manure is obvious.  Your goal, Segrest, is to shame Calloway into changing his mind.  That’s not journalism.  That’s not opinion.  That’s not news.  There’s no place for that and I’m disgusted that the Birmingham News allowed it to be printed and/or posted online. 

How much did Big Al pay you to file this excrement? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 10:54:24 AM »
The Calloway switch sure has pissed a lot of bammers. "How dare Auburn to take away one of our top recruits". Really? Whats going to happen when Cyrus K signs with Auburn?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »
By the way, I just read that Calloway is in Tuscaloosa this weekend. I hope Saban and his "gaurdian" don't get to him. We really need that kid to play RB for Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:10 PM »
By the way, I just read that Calloway is in Tuscaloosa this weekend. I hope Saban and his "gaurdian" don't get to him. We really need that kid to play RB for Auburn.

That super sucks.  He definitely didn't need to be there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 01:09:18 PM »

We just got Tre Mason, and have Quan Bray.  Both solid RB commits, both RUNNING BACKS.  We have Dyer and McCaleb as a tandem for the next 2 years too.  This kid is physically talented, but seems that he has a desire to play the position he wants to play, rather than where most coaches and evaluators think his talent lies.  And he could turn out to be a star at RB too,  but I'm not going to cry if he waffles again.   I will welcome him to Auburn if he stays steady, and wherever he winds up contributing, I'll root for him, but sometimes these type kids cause discord...not all are Kodi Burns in their attitude to be a team player.  Bottom line is I don't think we'll be hurting at RB if he goes elsewhere.   

And I hope his father doesn't strong arm or shame him in to "honoring the original commitment" out of honor.  It's HIS life, his football career, and his college career, and the information he has with which to decide can change.  There's no moral imperative involved in such a verbal commitment any more than there is in buying a house or a car...until you sign on the dotted line you're free to choose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »
No worries, Brent is on a secret mission to part the crimson sea and bring Arie Kouandjio and Philip Sims back to Auburn. 

A warrior, he is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 02:16:42 PM »
We shouldn't worry, Brent Calloway is coming to Auburn.  If he wants to be a rented mule, he'll do what his Guardian wants him to do and commit to SPuat.

I found these interesting...

He won't interfere with his son's decision, although he will continue to speak his mind....(Ummm, yeah, that's interferring in Calloway's decision.  BTW, BC is not his "son"...he adopted Calloway three years ago when he was 15 years old.  I'm guessing this is part of "the process", SPuat's Michael Oher version.)

Winston says he's not an Alabama fa, but he likes the way the Crimson Tide staff approaches the game. ( I'm calling some serious Bullshit on that)

"They stick to business. You don't see their coaches high-fiving," Winston said. (So the Coaches aren't suppose to enjoy their job and they're not suppose to make it fun.)

Maybe that's the biggest disconnect between the two generations. One of Calloway's attractions to Auburn is the theatrics of Tigers assistant coach Trooper Taylor on the sideline. (BTW, it's not just Calloway that likes Coach Troop, A LOT of upcoming prospects like him.  They also like having fun while in College.)

For the past month, Auburn has had his heart. For three years previous, Alabama held it. (Get adopted, then have SPuat rammed down your throat...."Proce$$".)

Calloway is content with the decision. (unless the Guardian can force him to change his mind.)

The father who took him under his wing wants him to honor the original vow. (a vow that sounds like was pushed onto him.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »
All business, eh?

I have said it before and I will say it again - I absolutely believe that one of the reasons Auburn was so successful this year is that our guys were loose and free of spirit and were having FUN.  Contrast that to bammer, where the players know that one mistake will get them a butt slap or a serious mouth foaming scream fest in their face.  Not that Chiz does not get in a guy's face for something like a personal foul or similar, but that is how it should be.  The attitude in the locker room this year made all the difference in those tight games.  Remember what the players said about halftime of the Iron Bowl?  No one was panicked, no one was puckered - "They just showed us everything they had.  We got this...".  The 2010-11 Auburn Tigers have proven that you don't have to be the goosestepping Third Reich to win championships - that it is possible to win win win and still have FUN like you are supposed to.

If I am a kid?  I would rather have fun all the way to the ATL...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 10:14:17 PM »
All business, eh?

I have said it before and I will say it again - I absolutely believe that one of the reasons Auburn was so successful this year is that our guys were loose and free of spirit and were having FUN.  Contrast that to bammer, where the players know that one mistake will get them a butt slap or a serious mouth foaming scream fest in their face.  Not that Chiz does not get in a guy's face for something like a personal foul or similar, but that is how it should be.  The attitude in the locker room this year made all the difference in those tight games.  Remember what the players said about halftime of the Iron Bowl?  No one was panicked, no one was puckered - "They just showed us everything they had.  We got this...".  The 2010-11 Auburn Tigers have proven that you don't have to be the goosestepping Third Reich to win championships - that it is possible to win win win and still have FUN like you are supposed to.

If I am a kid?  I would rather have fun all the way to the ATL...

This x 1000
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 10:19:04 PM »
This x 1000

Thanks, sweetie.  Now go make momma a Buzzarita.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 12:32:30 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 08:22:17 AM »
Rumors seem to be buzzn that Calloway called the Auburn coaches from Tuskaloser saying he is still committed to Auburn and is "All In".

Oh, and this probably didn't help the bammers. This pic was taken at yesterdays bama b-ball game of which Calloway attended.

Can you say, DUMB ASSES!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 08:43:39 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 09:47:06 AM »
"They stick to business. You don't see their coaches high-fiving," Winston said.

Yeah, thats it. Show some emotion and thats bad eh? Fuck you douchebag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 11:50:35 AM »
Rumors seem to be buzzn that Calloway called the Auburn coaches from Tuskaloser saying he is still committed to Auburn and is "All In".

Oh, and this probably didn't help the bammers. This pic was taken at yesterdays bama b-ball game of which Calloway attended.

Can you say, DUMB ASSES!

Just amazing.  Those fucking fools are just amazing.  Those sorry fuckers don't give a fucking shit about ANY player except in the very moment they're producing a win for the turds.  If they don't commit to them, they didn't want them anyway.  If they change their commitment, they're Benedict Arnold.  If they go to bammer, but don't pan out, they should transfer or be given a medical hardship scholarship to make way for someone else.  If they go and make it to being a starter or getting to play play, they always talk about who behind you is better.   I have heard every one of those things actually voiced by a bammer.  And they're serious when they say it.  They don't give a fucking shit about ANY player.  If they think that isn't obvoius to some recruits, they're crazy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »

Can you say, DUMB ASSES!
What's funny is, that pic was taken by a guy on BOL who went down and told the guy holding the sign how much of a piece of shit he was for having that sign. And the guy then got rid of the sign.

http://alabama.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=427&tid=154352848&mid=154352848&sid=885&style=2

Oh, and that thread is pretty much chock full of BOL folks thanking him for reaming the guy holding the sign.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
What's funny is, that pic was taken by a guy on BOL who went down and told the guy holding the sign how much of a piece of poop he was for having that sign. And the guy then got rid of the sign.

http://alabama.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=427&tid=154352848&mid=154352848&sid=885&style=2

Oh, and that thread is pretty much chock full of BOL folks thanking him for reaming the guy holding the sign.

Quit trying to defend your classless inbred fucking fanbase. 

We don't give a shit.  We know what you are and what you've always been.   Your lies, obfuscations, diversions, misdirections, feints, parries and justifications mean nothing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 03:14:11 PM »
Quit trying to defend your classless inbred fucking fanbase. 

We don't give a shit.  We know what you are and what you've always been.   Your lies, obfuscations, diversions, misdirections, feints, parries and justifications mean nothing.

Pow!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions