Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Franklin said that the starting QB position is still undecided

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
but he explained that Todd and Burns are going to take the 1st team reps.  This means that Caudle and Furr are out of the race. However, here is my question... Do you think this means that Auburn will use a two QB system next year, or maybe Franklin is waiting on Todd's shoulder to completely heal to see what he is capable of?  All in all I think Burns should be the starting QB, but i am not against having them share reps during games if that is the best scenario.   Opine
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Ogre

Re: Franklin said that the starting QB position is still undecided
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:35:26 AM »
but he explained that Todd and Burns are going to take the 1st team reps.  This means that Caudle and Furr are out of the race. However, here is my question... Do you think this means that Auburn will use a two QB system next year, or maybe Franklin is waiting on Todd's shoulder to completely heal to see what he is capable of?  All in all I think Burns should be the starting QB, but i am not against having them share reps during games if that is the best scenario.   Opine

I wouldn't be surprised to see a combination of the two, similar to what we saw in the bowl game.  From what I've read, Todd seems to be the more accurate passer, while Burns seems to be the more dynamic runner.  I think Franklin will use both, and neither will be limited to just passing or just running (like we saw Burns used under Borges).  It will give defenses something else to prepare for as well.

My .02
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 03:10:18 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see a combination of the two, similar to what we saw in the bowl game.  From what I've read, Todd seems to be the more accurate passer, while Burns seems to be the more dynamic runner.  I think Franklin will use both, and neither will be limited to just passing or just running (like we saw Burns used under Borges).  It will give defenses something else to prepare for as well.

My .02
So you think we could get Todd to run the ball?  That would be interesting and amazing at the same time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 03:12:05 PM »
If Franklin can get Brandon Cox to pick up a 1st down on 3rd and 8 by running the ball, I have no doubt that he can put a few wrinkles in the offense for Todd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 03:13:58 PM »
If Franklin can get Brandon Cox to pick up a 1st down on 3rd and 8 by running the ball, I have no doubt that he can put a few wrinkles in the offense for Todd.
Yeah, but at the same time I don't want Burns to just become a rushing QB circa Tebow in '07.  I want to see that cannon of an arm I have heard so much about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »
Agreeance.

I think we'll see both QB's in running and passing situations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 06:22:18 PM »
I think Todd will be the starting QB come August 30th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 06:38:05 PM »
I think Todd will be the starting QB come August 30th.
For some unknown reason, I seriously doubt that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 06:55:04 PM »
my 2 cents:

Given that we will be running a no huddle, it is going to be difficult for defenses to substitute personnel for either our passing QB (Todd) or our running QB (Burns).  Therefore i think that each will be able to do things that are totally unexpected.  I think that we will definately have a 2 QB system and the key to success is going to be the no huddle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 09:33:38 PM »
I heard Daniel Cobb was just granted a 12th year of eligibility and should be ready for the spring game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 07:44:53 AM »
I heard Daniel Cobb was just granted a 12th year of eligibility and should be ready for the spring game.

Fucking Damit Cobb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 08:49:33 AM »
Fucking Damit Cobb.
But Dad...I'm Jesus Christ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 11:32:56 AM »
How do you guys believe Tate/Fanin/Lester/Davis will produce next year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 06:08:26 PM »
For some unknown reason, I seriously doubt that.

He just knows the system and has too good of an arm. Both QB's will be used for sure but Todd will be getting greater than 50% of the snaps. There is a reason he hasn't named a starting QB  yet. Todd isn't healthy. If Kodi had been passing great at practice...he would have been named the starter by now.

Franklin is just waiting til Todd's arm gets healthy to name him the starter. From everything I've heard, he was the most consistent passing quarterback the week before spring break.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 08:40:52 PM »
How do you guys believe Tate/Fanin/Lester/Davis will produce next year?
I think that Lester and Fannin will be the Main contributors...Injuries aside, Davis will do most of his Damage on the Returns, Tate will be the short yardage Ground Pounder, Lester can hit the corners Fucking Hard on tosses and screens, and Fannin will be used as a RB/Inside WR with the dump outs and slants in as well as reverses. 
First Play of the game we'll see Lester and Fannin on the field in the Shotgun, barring injuries of course.  I'm actually more excited about this year than I was for the '03 year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs