No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Cribbs agrees with you...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 09:45:22 AM »
Well, it's clear and obvious.
Still, I'm glad he cleared that up, so his legacy has not been tarnished.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:46:15 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 09:47:38 AM »
And the coach can make some more records now...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 10:09:05 AM »
Some specific complaints by Cribbs:

The AAFL's advertisements in Birmingham played up the University of Alabama and even used ``Yea, Alabama," as background music, thwarting Team Alabama's effort to appeal to a broader audience, including fans of Auburn, UAB, Troy and programs in Mississippi and Georgia. Those states are part of Team Alabama's protected player territory.

The AAFL's choice of uniform was a mistake. Cribbs had a uniform that combined red jerseys with blue trim, coupled with blue pants - again with the idea of appealing to a broader audience than University of Alabama fans.

Cribbs said the league approved the design, but then sent a totally different uniform that looked similar in jersey and helmet style to the University of Alabama.

``I believe they undermined my position with Team Alabama," Cribbs said. ``Basically, we were left in a no-win situation."

Preach it Joe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 01:43:32 PM »
Gee, Joe. Do ya think? Of course they played up the UAT ties. The AAFL marketing people knew what they were doing when they went with this approach. Bama fans by the trailerload would have thrown every welfare check, food stamp booklet, and 3-months rent money just for the chance to see some former turd that couldn't make an NFL roster. They (AAFL) bet the house on this strategy and lost. Good fucking riddance.

I'd be interested in seeing how the marketing campaign was done for some of the other teams. I wonder if Team Texas locked out aTm, Baylor, TTU, and the others. Did Team Michigan totally ignore MSU?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 02:15:48 PM »
Turning heads, shaking feds, pistol packing and jackin any body for some bread
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 02:19:49 PM »
me and slim we aint trippin, im finger flippin and syrup sippin, like do or die, im po pimpin, cars stop rims keep spinnin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 10:27:05 PM »

I'd be interested in seeing how the marketing campaign was done for some of the other teams. I wonder if Team Texas locked out aTm, Baylor, TTU, and the others. Did Team Michigan totally ignore MSU?

Team Florida was marketed directly to Gaytor fans.  They even went so far as to advertise that they were "bringing the 'Fun 'n Gun' back to the Swamp."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 10:48:30 PM »
Blowin' on dat Indo, Gamecube Nintendo...5% Tent so you can't see up in my window...Dez niggas don't understand me....I'm Boss Hogg on Candy, Top down at Maxes wit a Big Glock Nine hand....pieced up, creased up, stayin' dress to impress, Big Boss belt buckle under my Mitchell n Ness...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 04:01:36 AM »
oh gucci shades up on my braids when i escalade when i ride sprewells slidin like a escapade I got it made the big boss of the north
aint shit changed i still represent swishahouse ha
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 01:56:58 PM »
I got sumtin' to say, and I need the world to hear it. I'm a lyricologist. I can rap about anything. Shrink, shrink. Blinkity-blink. Tried to make me think. Wanna go to my sink. And vomit. Clean it up wit' Comet. Earth is my planet. See? I'm the shiznit. Traffic, traffic lookin' fo my chapstick, feelin' kinda car sick, there's a Ford Maverick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »
I got sumtin' to say, and I need the world to hear it. I'm a lyricologist. I can rap about anything. Shrink, shrink. Blinkity-blink. Tried to make me think. Wanna go to my sink. And vomit. Clean it up wit' Comet. Earth is my planet. See? I'm the shiznit. Traffic, traffic lookin' fo my chapstick, feelin' kinda car sick, there's a Ford Maverick.
That you fitty?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions