Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

MLB 2008 Season Thread

Re: MLB 2008 Season Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2008, 09:41:31 AM »
The always win the same day the Cards do, so we can't ever pick up any games on them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
The always win the same day the Cards do, so we can't ever pick up any games on them.

Dude...it's so early to be looking at picking up games! You will make yourself go freaking nuts looking at the standings right now. The only team that potentially has anything to worry about at this point is Detriot...  :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2008, 10:25:15 AM »
Yeah, I know.  But, I want the pundit at SI to eat crow for saying that Cards would be lucky to win 70 games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2008, 11:46:59 AM »
The only team that potentially has anything to worry about at this point is Detriot...  :blink:
That is a meltdown of Valverde proportions.

That is going to be my new modifier when I want to talk about a choke job, or a fuck up so monumentally bad that "epic proportions" is no longer adequate to describe it.  :silence:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2008, 06:22:03 PM »

:fu: BKG's!!!!

Go Cubs Go...Go Cubs Go...Hey chicago whadaya say...the FIRST PLACE Cubs aer gonna win today...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2008, 07:26:30 AM »
They're shitty again...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2008, 11:20:38 AM »
I was at the game yesterday btw the Disastros and Rockies.  It was a major nap of a game interrupted on a few occasions wtih an actual hit or two.  The Stros managed to regain and then lose the lead a few times, and then Kaz "Anal Fissure" Matsui made his statement in the 8th, along with Roid Boy.  But when everyone saw Valverde warming up in the pen, we all said "So much for that..."  It took him five batters from the middle to the bottom of the order to actually secure the win.  Yee.  Ha.

WHY CAN'T WE JUST FIND A FREAKING CLOSER THAT CAN, OH, I DON'T KNOW...... CLOSE???????????? 

On a brighter note, Chacon gave another quality start without getting the win, and that Wesley Wright kid (who got the win) looked VERY solid in relief. 

And in ANOTHER ironic "bright" note, Magic Wandy goes on the DL for a strained groin, thereby missing his opportunity to take his usual ass kicking on the road.  The local radio guys were saying that should be Coop's plan all year - let Wandy go on the 15 day DL during road trips...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2008, 01:30:31 PM »
Wench, I've got tickets for Saturdays game.  Look for me on TV, I'll be the guy in the Pujols jersey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2008, 03:16:09 PM »
Wench, I've got tickets for Saturdays game.  Look for me on TV, I'll be the guy in the Pujols jersey.
I'll be sure to tune in.

Hope you guys do better next weekend than yesterday... ouch... :s&m:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2008, 05:29:34 PM »
Cardinals set a new franchise record for wins in April.  (18)

Sweeeeeet.

For all those that said the Cardinals wouldn't do dick this year...... :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2008, 08:11:14 AM »
Fuck Izzy.  That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2008, 08:26:05 AM »
Fuck Izzy.  That is all.
Tell him to thank the King of Swing (and miss) Soriano for the non-loss...

It sucks to have a team with 8 second basemen and two real outfielders.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2008, 12:15:37 PM »
Right now, I am remaining humble before the awesome power of the baseball karma gods.  :bow:

No comment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2008, 12:59:44 PM »
Right now, I am remaining humble before the awesome power of the baseball karma gods.  :bow:

No comment.

Yeah...I need to officially apologize to the BKG's. I am very sorry for cursing your name! Ever since that time, the Cubs are 3-7. They not only have affected the Cubbies...but they have even dipped into my Fantasy team. I went 0-10 this week...0 and fucking 10. How is that even possible???

Once again, I officially apologize and have sacrificied a billy goat in your honor. Let me join the Wench in :bow:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2008, 01:35:16 PM »
Yeah...I need to officially apologize to the BKG's. I am very sorry for cursing your name! Ever since that time, the Cubs are 3-7. They not only have affected the Cubbies...but they have even dipped into my Fantasy team. I went 0-10 this week...0 and fucking 10. How is that even possible???

Once again, I officially apologize and have sacrificied a billy goat in your honor. Let me join the Wench in :bow:
I tried to warn you...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2008, 06:19:38 PM »
I am not saying shit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2008, 01:32:53 PM »
Me neither...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2008, 02:22:51 PM »
Hey Hugh...I am hearing that Jim Edmonds is coming to the Cubs after he clears waivers to take up the left handed spot in CF from Pie! I am pumped! I know that Edmonds hasn't been great the past couple of years but I think he may do well in a platoon type roll. Reed Johnson has been a really nice suprise this year and this will bring another hard nose tough left handed veteran player to the bench! I hope it works out!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »
Hey Hugh...I am hearing that Jim Edmonds is coming to the Cubs after he clears waivers to take up the left handed spot in CF from Pie! I am pumped! I know that Edmonds hasn't been great the past couple of years but I think he may do well in a platoon type roll. Reed Johnson has been a really nice suprise this year and this will bring another hard nose tough left handed veteran player to the bench! I hope it works out!
I hadn't heard that, but would like to see him in Cubbie blue.  Did I miss an announcement about Pie being traded, or is this just because of the batting slump he is in?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2008, 03:39:27 PM »
I hadn't heard that, but would like to see him in Cubbie blue.  Did I miss an announcement about Pie being traded, or is this just because of the batting slump he is in?

I am pretty sure that he is not being traded. I just heard this from Jason Stark talking about it on Mike and Mike this morning. He said that Edmonds was let go by the Padres and it was pretty much going to be a done deal once Edmonds cleared waivers.

Batting slump???? Don't you actually have to have a decent batting average before your shitty one cann be a slump??? I like Pie, and he is still very young, but he has had a lot of chances in the bigs and just hasn't been able to produce. Get him down to AAA and let him be an every day player and work on his hitting s probably what Hendry and Pinella are thinking. I know that Lou really likes him, but he is just not producing and we need another left handed bat to take Pie's spot. I think it is a good situation for everyone if this comes true!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions