Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

MLB 2008 Season Thread

MLB 2008 Season Thread
« on: March 25, 2008, 03:16:25 PM »
Forgot to start this with the season starting today in Japan.

My Pics:
AL East - Boston
AL Central - Detriot
AL West - Seattle
WC - Yankees

ALCS - Boston - Detriot

NL East - Mets
NL Central - Cubs
NL West - Arizona

WC - Atlanta

NLCS Mets - Atlanta

World Series - Mets - Detriot

Champion - Detriot
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: MLB 2008 Season Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
Oh, why not...

AL East - Baaasteen
AL Central - Detroit
AL West - Anaheim
ALWC - New York

NL East - Atlanta
NL Central - Chicago
NL West - Arizona
NLWC - New York

World Series:  Cubs over Red Sox in 6

Yeah Baby...next year is finally here!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:01:17 AM »
Starting in Japan is not real - it's ain't opening day until the first pitch is thrown on US soil. 

But here are my picks anyway.  And I added one to my list

My Pics:
AL East - Sox
AL Central - Tigers
AL West - Angels
WC - Yankees

ALCS - Sox - Tigers

NL East - Braves
NL Central - Cubbies  :puke:
NL Central - Dead Last:  Disastros  :bag:
NL West - Rockies
WC - Dodgers

NLCS  - Braves - Dodgers

World Series - Tigers - Dodgers

Champion - Tigers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 11:05:26 AM »
I've been waiting all off season for one of your rants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 03:34:57 PM »
american league

east: yankees
central: tigers
west: angels

wild card: indians

alcs: yankees

national league

east: phillies
central: cardinals
west: rockies

wild card: diamondbacks

nlcs: phillies

ws: phillies
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 04:58:09 PM »
Phillies signed one of my favorite Cards in the off season.  So Taguchi.  All you Cubs fans can relax...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 05:03:07 PM »
Phillies signed one of my favorite Cards in the off season.  So Taguchi.  All you Cubs fans can relax...
Still gotta play the Phils, so I will still worry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 11:07:14 AM »
Wench, no matter how bad the Cards may suck this year, and no matter how badly the Cubs suck, at least our teams don't have anyone that had an anal fissure.

Matsui could miss first two weeks of season with injury

Mar 26, 3:14 pm EDT

HOUSTON, Texas (AFP) - Kazuo Matsui, the first Japanese infielder signed in North American Major League Baseball, could miss the first two weeks of the upcoming season for the Houston Astros because of an injury.

The Astros put second baseman Matsui on the disabled list retroactive to March 21, the National League club announced on Wednesday, while he recovers from surgery to repair an anal fissure that took place on March 17.

Astros general manager Ed Wade said Matsui might need a full month to prepare for a return to the lineup, which would sideline him for the start of the season.

Matsui will be re-examined by team doctors on Friday.

"I have to get better first, I have to get going," Matsui said. "I want to play in a game as soon as possible. I will try my best to be ready."

Matsui played last season for the National League champion Colorado Rockies after joining the New York Mets for the 2004 season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 01:04:04 PM »
Wench, no matter how bad the Cards may suck this year, and no matter how badly the Cubs suck, at least our teams don't have anyone that had an anal fissure.
Is that a real thing?  I thought that was a new nickname for Scott Boras...

I am not even sure I have the energy for any baseball rants.  The magnitude of the suckitude is just so fucking overwhelming.  Even Roy O is having a shitty spring. 

When your team is so crappy that Woody Williams is still considered a potential starter, you are in big trouble.

When your team is so crappy that random minor leaguers no one had EVER FREAKING HEARD OF BEFORE THIS WEEK are ACTUALLY being considered for the starting rotation, you are in deep shit.  (JACK CASSEL?  WHO THE FUCK IS JACK CASSEL??)***

When your team is so crappy that CNNSI predicts a 74 win season - finishing BEHIND THE FREAKING BREWERS (but ahead of the redbirds, haha Jarhead) - then you are in poopie up to your eyeballs.  At least I ain't as delirious as THIS guy:

Seventy four? I figure Miguel Tejada will be good enough to help the Astros improve by at least 3-4 games over their 73-89 2007 record. The Astros may not necessarily be headed for a 90+ win season, but I'm quite confident they'll finish more than one game ahead of the Cardinals and more than four ahead of Pittsburgh.
"QUITE CONFIDENT"?  How about "OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND"!!!!!!!!!

**SIGH**   :&
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Update:  Dude already got sent back down - "Astros optioned RHP Jack Cassel to Triple-A Round Rock - Cassel allowed 10 runs -- seven earned -- in 13 innings this spring. He'll likely be first or second in line for an in-season callup when the Astros need help."

AND one writer said he was better than Sampson or Woody... now that is just FABULOUS... FABULOUS,  I say.

FAB.

U.

LOUS.

:flag:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 01:14:38 PM »
But hey, the drunkest I've ever been as a Major League Baseball Game was in that bar in centerfield in the Juice Box.  That damn bar will let you open up a tab, and it doesn't close down until one hour after the last out.

So you got that going for you.

Which is nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 01:34:35 PM »
When your team is so crappy that random minor leaguers no one had EVER FREAKING HEARD OF BEFORE THIS WEEK are ACTUALLY being considered for the starting rotation, you are in deep shit.  (JACK CASSEL?  WHO THE FUCK IS JACK CASSEL??)***

Hey, this guy's dead.

Well mark him off then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »
I look for the Braves to at least take the Wildcard slot if they can get a few starting pitchers out of the old folks home and loosened up to play.  Dayum it's scary going into t season with Glavine, Smoltz and Hampton (If he makes it all the way back) all in their early 60's.  The current roster shows 5 outfielders.  Assuming the starters are Francouer, Kotsay and Diaz..I've never even heard of the other two schleps, Gregor Blanco and uummm..uuuhhh..I can't even remember his name.

Sterters look good all the way around but if they get any kind of injury bug at all, they're toast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 03:02:31 PM »
But hey, the drunkest I've ever been as a Major League Baseball Game was in that bar in centerfield in the Juice Box.  That damn bar will let you open up a tab, and it doesn't close down until one hour after the last out.  So you got that going for you.  Which is nice.
Maybe that's Tejada's excuse for the ABSOLUTELY SHITTY defensive play during spring training.  He was sauced...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 11:06:41 PM »
what a heartbreaking way to open the season. Hudson set down 19 in a row and gets a no decision. Braves lose in bottom of the 9th. Damn it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 09:05:48 AM »
Yeah the Braves loss was shitty for us Braves fans, but what a way to open a new park.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 09:51:30 AM »
The bright spot for the Braves fans is Hudson pitched ligts out. He almost got out of that first inning but a few softly hit balls allowed a couple of runs. He pitched great though after that.

However, all in all a great game! I love seeing the Braves lose!!!  :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 01:03:29 PM »
AM I going crazy??? I know that I watched the Braves and Nats last night, but then I was checking the schedule today and it says the Braves and Pitt is pllaying and the Nats are playing Philly...what the hell? Did the braves and Nats play a one game series? What is that about? I have never heard of that before...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 01:07:50 PM »
AM I going crazy??? I know that I watched the Braves and Nats last night, but then I was checking the schedule today and it says the Braves and Pitt is pllaying and the Nats are playing Philly...what the hell? Did the braves and Nats play a one game series? What is that about? I have never heard of that before...

One game series to open the new Nationals Park. Don't know why they decided to do that...unless it was added at a later date. We do have a 2 game series with the Nats later this year with a day off before the 1st game and a day off after the series. Maybe it was taken from that series?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 09:30:16 AM »
Ummmm....and the bravos are at 0-2.   :mad:

Dammit, to be at a game where we're getting our ass kicked, then come back in the bottom of the 9th to send it to extra innings, then lose in the 12th (and I mean just barely lose...almost had another comeback) is very disappointing.  I'm drinking coffee this morning like it's going out of style.  Glavine looked OK, but our middle relievers still need work.

The bright spot I pulled out of last night is our new shortstop, Yunel Escobar.  He went 3-3 last night and I think he's the real deal and will produce all season.  There were some drunk folks behind me last night that had signs that read "Yunel's Cartel".  I'm thinking of joining that club to see what the benefits are like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 09:38:58 AM »
The bright spot I pulled out of last night is our new shortstop, Yunel Escobar.  He went 3-3 last night and I think he's the real deal and will produce all season.  There were some drunk folks behind me last night that had signs that read "Yunel's Cartel".  I'm thinking of joining that club to see what the benefits are like.

They showed those guys on TV during the game. The PTV "sideline" commentator went out there and interviewed them.

2 one-run losses is not how i envisioned starting the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions