Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Brent Calloway has committed to Auburn!!!

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Brent Calloway has committed to Auburn!!!
« on: January 08, 2011, 12:15:07 PM »
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:49:17 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Brent Calloway has committed to Auburn!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:49:39 PM »
Bump
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »
Holy fucking shit.

NOW I'm excited about this recruiting class!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »
5 star Outside LB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 01:35:46 PM »
5 star Outside LB?

Yeah, but he's going to play running back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »
Yeah, but he's going to play running back.
Happy Cam Newton Day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 02:21:46 PM »
The tide is turning!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 03:42:38 PM »
I really wanted to see him play some LB at UA, but if he would be best served playing at RB, then that's his choice. Good luck to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 04:06:04 PM »
His parents looked super happy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 04:15:30 PM »
His parents looked super happy.

HAHA

My wife, who is an LSU fan, after he said, "Well I talked to my parents..." she said, you know he is going to Auburn now...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 04:30:26 PM »
Throw Kris Kross Frost in with him...HAPPY MUTHA FUCKIN' CAM NEWTON DAY!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 08:13:27 PM »
Quite the competitor, Calloway is. 

http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/2011/01/five-star-recruit-brent-calloway.html#ixzz1AUJUD0kS

Five-star recruit Brent Calloway switches commitment from Alabama to Auburn
While Auburn went through its final BCS title game practice Saturday, it got some good recruiting news from two states away.

Brent Calloway, a five-star linebacker/running back from Russellville, Ala., switched his commitment from Alabama to the Auburn during the U.S. Army All-American Game in San Antonio, Texas.

Rivals.com ranks the 6-foot-1, 210-pound Calloway as the No. 2 linebacker in the country and the No. 1 player in Alabama.

But he said he switched his commitment so he can play running back at Auburn. Calloway ran for 1,968 yards and 25 touchdowns his senior season at Russellville, playing sparingly at linebacker.

“I’ve seen the depth at linebacker at Alabama, and it’s stiff,” he said during an interview with Rivals. “And there are guys who are twice my size, and who have played this position for so long now. So that’s why I’m making a point where I say, hey, I should just go (to Auburn) and play running back.”

Calloway roomed with cornerback Jonathan Rose in San Antonio. Rose, the No. 3 recruit in Alabama, committed to Auburn in August and plans to enroll early to go through spring drills.

Auburn now has 17 commitments for 2011. National Signing Day is Feb. 2.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 08:14:30 PM »
Is allbarn going to take Frost?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 08:31:05 PM »
Is allbarn going to take Frost?

That would be a firm yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 12:27:56 AM »
That would be a firm yes.

Thanks dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

djsimp

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 01:02:21 AM »
Thanks dude.

This all came form Brian Matthews which use to work for the Auburn Rivals site. I don't blame because basically he is reporting off what he was told. The truth is all the Auburn coaches had written Frost off as being Michigan bound except for Thigpen. So, when Frost committed to Auburn it frazzled the info. Most thought Frost was 50/50 and they also know that with the rest of the scholarships available along with who is thought to be for sure commits,by Auburn taking Frost there would be an unexpected grayshit. Auburn has 17 commits now and they know that they still still have 11 guys they are counting as commits. They only planned on signing 27 total. There is no doubt that Frost will have a scholly, what sucks is that some poor kids parents will be expected to pay for at least one year of college money.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:06:40 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »
This all came form Brian Matthews which use to work for the Auburn Rivals site. I don't blame because basically he is reporting off what he was told. The truth is all the Auburn coaches had written Frost off as being Michigan bound except for Thigpen. So, when Frost committed to Auburn it frazzled the info. Most thought Frost was 50/50 and they also know that with the rest of the scholarships available along with who is thought to be for sure commits,by Auburn taking Frost there would be an unexpected graypoop. Auburn has 17 commits now and they know that they still still have 11 guys they are counting as commits. They only planned on signing 27 total. There is no doubt that Frost will have a scholly, what sucks is that some poor kids parents will be expected to pay for at least one year of college money.

Thanks again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 03:55:08 PM »
This all came form Brian Matthews which use to work for the Auburn Rivals site. I don't blame because basically he is reporting off what he was told. The truth is all the Auburn coaches had written Frost off as being Michigan bound except for Thigpen. So, when Frost committed to Auburn it frazzled the info. Most thought Frost was 50/50 and they also know that with the rest of the scholarships available along with who is thought to be for sure commits,by Auburn taking Frost there would be an unexpected grayshit. Auburn has 17 commits now and they know that they still still have 11 guys they are counting as commits. They only planned on signing 27 total. There is no doubt that Frost will have a scholly, what sucks is that some poor kids parents will be expected to pay for at least one year of college money.
Chizik would make another kid greyshirt so Frost can have a scholarship spot? That dirty bastard!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 05:10:38 PM »
Chizik would make another kid greyshirt so Frost can have a scholarship spot? That dirty bastard!

I would think that the difference between Chiz and the Midget is timing.  Chiz will be letting some kid know well before signing day that there may be a change, whereas Lord High Sabinz waited until the kid was in the freaking dorm and threw down an "Oh, by the way, get out...".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 06:40:15 PM »
I would think that the difference between Chiz and the Midget is timing.  Chiz will be letting some kid know well before signing day that there may be a change, whereas Lord High Sabinz waited until the kid was in the freaking dorm and threw down an "Oh, by the way, get out...".
Jones originally planned on greyshirting, and even said in an interview that he was well aware that he might still have to give up his spot even after he moved in. So, it's not like it just came out of left field. Oh, but it was a HUGE deal to some AU fans, and was made out to be way more than it was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions