Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Very Good News Abt Rutgers Player Eric LeGrand

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Very Good News Abt Rutgers Player Eric LeGrand
« on: January 06, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Very good news about Eric LeGrand
Posted on: January 6, 2011
Posted by Tom Fornelli

In October, Rutgers defensive tackle Eric LeGrand was covering a kickoff against Army when he took a hit.  A hit that left him paralyzed and doctors suspected would keep him from ever walking again.  Since then, however, LeGrand has been making progress in his recovery.  Doctors have changed the diagnosis of his paralysis to incomplete, and he's been able to breathe on his own without a ventilator since late November.

Which is great news, but the news seems to keep getting better for LeGrand.  According to the Newark Star-Ledger, LeGrand now has movement in his shoulders and "full sensation" throughout his body.  He previously only had feeling in his hands.

All of which is fantastic news for LeGrand, his family, Rutgers and college football fans in general.

LeGrand recently gave his first interview since being paralyzed, and it will be aired on ESPN on Friday morning.  In the interview LeGrand said that when he was carted off the field during that October game, he wanted to give the crowd a thumbs up, but felt like "1,000 pounds was on his thumb."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Very Good News Abt Rutgers Player Eric LeGrand
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:46:53 PM »
Glad to hear it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."