Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Future Auburn linemates Dismukes, O'Reilly bond at Under Armour practice

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/01/future_auburn_linemates_dismuk.html

ORLANDO -- Part of the reason for Auburn's dream season in 2010 has been the play of a veteran offensive line featuring four senior starters. The drawback to such experience is that the Tigers will have four holes to fill up front next year.

Two potential replacements have been lining up alongside each other this week at practices for the Under Armour All-American game.

Reese Dismukes, a center from Spanish Fort, and Thomas O'Reilly, a guard from Pope High in Marietta, Ga., are part of an incoming class of Tiger linemen who may be called upon to play early.

As they prepare for Wednesday night's game, set for 6 p.m. at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, the two future Tigers are getting to know each other better.

"It's awesome," O'Reilly said of the chance to play alongside Dismukes. "We both committed around the same time. Since then, we've built a bond between us. This is our chance to finally learn what it's like to block next to each other. It's nice to know what it's really (going to be) like for the next four or five years."

With some of the top college football prospects in the country lining up alongside them and across from them, this week also offers Dismukes and O'Reilly an opportunity to see how they measure up.

"You come out here and you're playing with the best of the best," said Dismukes, who is listed at 6-foot-3, 275 pounds on Team Click-Clack's roster. "I'm going to Auburn and I'm playing against guys that are going to USC, Texas and stuff like that. You're playing against great competition. You'll win a few, they'll win a few. You can't drop your hat, you've just got to do the best you can."

One-on-one drills, in particular, have been challenging, O'Reilly said, because he and Dismukes have frequently been matched up with speed-rushing ends, a situation they would not face in a game as interior linemen.

"One-on-ones have been a little difficult," said O'Reilly (6-3, 296), adding that such experience can only help him improve. "You learn to adjust to their moves. It definitely helps a lot.

"I have a lot to work on for the next level, but I still feel like I've done well."

Both Dismukes and O'Reilly plan to enroll this month at Auburn for the spring semester. Dismukes, the 5A lineman of the year in Alabama and the top-rated center in the country according to ESPN, could walk into an open competition to replace Ryan Pugh at center. O'Reilly, a three-star prospect by Rivals and Scout and a four-star by ESPN, has played both center and guard and may compete for time at two open guard spots vacated by Byron Isom and Mike Berry.

The other offensive lineman committed to the Tigers in the 2011 class, Greg Robinson of Thibodaux, La., could play tackle or guard. The 6-5, 295-pounder, who will play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Jan. 8 in San Antonio, is the fourth-rated tackle in the country according to Rivals and the sixth-rated guard according to Scout.

"I know that I need to go up there and I need to work my tail off to even consider having a shot, because those other guys (who have been there) are ahead of me," O'Reilly said. "My dream was to go to a school where everything stopped for football. And at Auburn, that's it. Everything stops for football."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Future Auburn linemates Dismukes, O'Reilly bond at Under Armour practice
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 09:14:51 AM »
Another guy, Christian Westerman (5 Star OL from Arizona), is also playing along side these guys. Auburn is pushing hard for this kid too. If I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere that Westerman is rooming with Kiehl Frazier also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions