Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New 'Auburn 2010 Championship Season' app available on iTunes

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
New 'Auburn 2010 Championship Season' app available on iTunes
« on: December 30, 2010, 02:21:27 PM »
The Birmingham News, the Press-Register in Mobile, The Huntsville Times and al.com have launched an iPad application that explores the Auburn Tigers' quest for the team's first Bowl Championship Series football title.

The iPad app, "Auburn's 2010 Championship Season," can be downloaded for $3.99 from Apple Inc.'s iTunes App Store. It was developed and launched with Advance Internet and Mobile IQ, and is the first iPad app launched by the three newspapers and al.com.

"Football is a huge part of people's lives here in Alabama," said Ricky Mathews, president of Advance Alabama/Mississippi, and president and publisher of the Press-Register. "Auburn's phenomenal season gives us the perfect opportunity to launch our first of many iPad apps including exclusive content and a top-quality experience for readers."

The app includes articles, photos, slideshows, interactive graphics and video coverage of the entire 2010 Auburn season from the newspapers and al.com. It will be updated after the Jan. 10 national championship to include complete coverage of the game.

When the app is downloaded, all of the content is stored on the iPad so it can be viewed at any time, even when the device is not connected to the Internet. Each page is designed to be viewed in portrait or landscape orientation, and the app includes a link to continuous Tigers coverage on al.com.

The News, the Press-Register and The Times are part of Advance Publications, and al.com is a subsidiary of Advance Internet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Re: New 'Auburn 2010 Championship Season' app available on iTunes
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 11:41:26 PM »
Bought this last night.  Very cool with some neat features.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions