Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Word on da skreets, Ohio State....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Word on da skreets, Ohio State....
« on: December 25, 2010, 06:53:23 PM »
Will be looking for a new HC after the Sugar Bowl. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

Re: Word on da skreets, Ohio State....
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 07:05:49 PM »
Will be looking for a new HC after the Sugar Bowl.
Which sport?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 08:36:50 PM »
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/daily-chicago-sports-tab/2010/12/jim-tressel-leaving-ohio-state.html

.Merry Christmas, Blackhawks Fans: The Legendary » .Jim Tressel Leaving Ohio State
 .Tab on 12.25.10 at 3:01 PM
On Christmas Day, two sources that are very close to recruiting at prominent universities confirmed that Jim Tressel will no longer be the head football coach at Ohio State University after the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas.

Ohio State was rocked by the suspensions of five key players, including top running back Dan "Boom" Herron and Heisman-hopeful quarterback Terrelle Pryor, for the first five games of the 2011 season earlier this week.

The sources indicated that Buckeye recruits have been informed that Tressel will not be back as coach, and have been allowed to look for other options.
.Ohio State has one of the largest compliance departments in the country, yet they have reported 375 violations to the NCAA from 2000-2009, the most in the country.

Early in Tressel's tenure at OSU he had to deal with the Maurice Clarrett debacle, and Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith was suspended for two games for accepting money from a booster. The latest violations are just another dark page in the recent history of the Buckeye program.

This is major news in the college football world, especially after the University of Miami made a coaching change immediately after the regular season. The thought that Tressel would be out of a job before Rich Rodriguez at Michigan is also astounding.

Where the Buckeyes go to find a replacement is anyone's guess. Would TCU coach Gary Patterson become a possibility? The number of professional jobs that could come available in early January could cloud the hiring process in Columbus.

--------

UPDATE: I have read comments from Ohio State Athletic Director Gene Smith on Saturday afternoon. I am also well aware that Ohio State fans and alumni don't like me; the thousands of personal attacks and taunts on Twitter made that perfectly clear.

However, the sources that provided me with this information were clear with their comments, and I am comfortable sticking with what I have been told. If I was wrong, I will publish a strong statement to that effect in the future.

Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/daily-chicago-sports-tab/2010/12/jim-tressel-leaving-ohio-state.html#ixzz19B47XWVc
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 11:55:39 PM »
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/daily-chicago-sports-tab/2010/12/jim-tressel-leaving-ohio-state.html

.Merry Christmas, Blackhawks Fans: The Legendary » .Jim Tressel Leaving Ohio State
 .Tab on 12.25.10 at 3:01 PM
On Christmas Day, two sources that are very close to recruiting at prominent universities confirmed that Jim Tressel will no longer be the head football coach at Ohio State University after the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas.

Ohio State was rocked by the suspensions of five key players, including top running back Dan "Boom" Herron and Heisman-hopeful quarterback Terrelle Pryor, for the first five games of the 2011 season earlier this week.

The sources indicated that Buckeye recruits have been informed that Tressel will not be back as coach, and have been allowed to look for other options.
.Ohio State has one of the largest compliance departments in the country, yet they have reported 375 violations to the NCAA from 2000-2009, the most in the country.

Early in Tressel's tenure at OSU he had to deal with the Maurice Clarrett debacle, and Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith was suspended for two games for accepting money from a booster. The latest violations are just another dark page in the recent history of the Buckeye program.

This is major news in the college football world, especially after the University of Miami made a coaching change immediately after the regular season. The thought that Tressel would be out of a job before Rich Rodriguez at Michigan is also astounding.

Where the Buckeyes go to find a replacement is anyone's guess. Would TCU coach Gary Patterson become a possibility? The number of professional jobs that could come available in early January could cloud the hiring process in Columbus.

--------

UPDATE: I have read comments from Ohio State Athletic Director Gene Smith on Saturday afternoon. I am also well aware that Ohio State fans and alumni don't like me; the thousands of personal attacks and taunts on Twitter made that perfectly clear.

However, the sources that provided me with this information were clear with their comments, and I am comfortable sticking with what I have been told. If I was wrong, I will publish a strong statement to that effect in the future.

Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/daily-chicago-sports-tab/2010/12/jim-tressel-leaving-ohio-state.html#ixzz19B47XWVc

Which sport?

Fooseball
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »
Word on the skreets is you read this off a different MB, then posted it here like you fucking matter. I'm sure your sources in Ohio couldn't wait to call you about this one. :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 12:27:44 PM »
Further word on da skreets is that this is false.  Bottom line is...who the fuck knows.  Hard to phathom that he'd be fired.  Winning the Big 10 most years, and Mich in the toilet now.  Surely this little round of bullshit over these players selling shit wouldn't get him canned.  I doubt he's leaving for another job.  Makes no sense really, but we've seen these stories play out both ways.  In any event, at this stage it's a "blogger's sources" vs. "official word" at this point.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/25/rotfl-report-says-tressel-to-step-down-as-osu-coach/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 09:41:37 PM »
Chizik to Ohio St.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 09:44:47 PM »
Saban to Auburn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 09:58:05 PM »
Saban to Auburn

BOOOOO!!!!!!!  WE WANT A WINNER!!!!!  NOT A LOSERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 09:44:09 AM »
Chizik to Ohio St.

RWS to stadium.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Word on da skreets, Ohio State.... BWAHAHAHA! (Update)
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 03:59:49 PM »
Good for the Seniors, but the guys at Michigan Zone say this is just a ploy by tOSU people to ahve an excuse for getting their ass kicked by ANOTHER SEC team... bwahahaha...

OSU seniors consider benching suspended players
Posted on: December 27, 2010 12:42 pm
Posted by Tom Fornelli

There's been a bit of confusion and anger over the NCAA's decision to suspend six Ohio State players for five games next season for selling memorabilia and accepting discounted tattoos, but not to suspend them for the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas.  Well, it seems there's still a chance that none of the suspended players will play in the Sugar Bowl, though it's not the NCAA's decision.

The team met for the first time since the suspension was announced on Sunday, and according to a report in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the suspended players apologized to their teammates at the meeting.  According to the same report, the Ohio State seniors also got together to discuss whether or not they wanted the players suspended by the team for the bowl game as well.

According to sources, the suspended players are scheduled to travel with the team to New Orleans, but the final decision on what happens to quarterback Terrelle Pryor, running back Dan Herron, receiver DeVier Posey, left tackle Mike Adams, backup defensive end Solomon Thomas and backup linebacker Jordan Whiting obviously lies with Ohio State coach Jim Tressel. One source said one scenario could include the sanctioned Buckeyes playing in the Sugar Bowl, but perhaps not starting.

If I had to guess, I don't think Tressel will sit any of the players for the Sugar Bowl.  If anything, he'll choose the option to not start them, though I don't even expect that to be the case.  Personally, while I understand why people are angry that none of the players were suspended for the bowl game, I tend to feel that suspending them for five games next season hurts Ohio State more than forcing them to sit out the Sugar Bowl would.

Let's be real, here, while the Sugar Bowl is a big deal, it doesn't actually mean anything in the big picture.  It's not like the winner of the game has a chance to be the national champion.  The only thing on the line in the game is Ohio State's pride as they face another SEC team in a BCS bowl game.

Suspending the players for next season, however, likely costs the Buckeyes a shot at a national title in 2011 and possibly a Big Ten title as well.  Even if players like Terrelle Pryor decide to leave school early rather than sit out nearly half the season, that still means the Buckeyes won't have them next year, which will have an impact on the team's performance.

Though, had the NCAA just decided to suspend the players for six games, including the bowl game, that would have kept everybody off its back, but since when does the NCAA ever do anything in which it doesn't leave itself open to criticism?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions