Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

xbox 360 question

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
xbox 360 question
« on: December 18, 2010, 08:49:05 PM »
My PS3 got taken over by my 11 yr old, The wii is in the living room and rarely gets played, but I want to by an xbox 360 for me to play NCAA Football on.  I used to play it religiously on the ps2, but thats been a while.  I see where they have the 4gig for $199 or the 250 gig for $299.  I thought about buying a used one then I learned you had to buy an adapter to get online with.  I won't play online rarely if at all. Used ones are $99 but it makes more sense to buy a new one.  This one is going to be mine and off limits to the kid.  My question is what does the extra harddrive space get you.  Can you plug an external hardrive in if you needed extra space?  I might dob into the world of Halo also any suggestions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: xbox 360 question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 09:15:31 AM »
You can plug in an external hard drive if you want to use it for movies, songs, photos, etc.  I do not know, however, if you can store downloadable content on an external drive, or if that can only be stored on the Xbox hard drive.

You can, however, buy a bigger xbox hard drive down the road, if you find you are filling up the 4gb drive with DLC.

Another reason to buy a new one over a used is the HDMI input.  If you buy a used one, it might not have HDMI.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 07:10:58 AM »
My PS3 got taken over by my 11 yr old, The wii is in the living room and rarely gets played, but I want to by an xbox 360 for me to play NCAA Football on.  I used to play it religiously on the ps2, but thats been a while.  I see where they have the 4gig for $199 or the 250 gig for $299.  I thought about buying a used one then I learned you had to buy an adapter to get online with.  I won't play online rarely if at all. Used ones are $99 but it makes more sense to buy a new one.  This one is going to be mine and off limits to the kid.  My question is what does the extra harddrive space get you.  Can you plug an external hardrive in if you needed extra space?  I might dob into the world of Halo also any suggestions.

You can store down loadable content on an external drive.  That was one of the reasons Microsoft was forced to move away from their old type of storage cards.  They were getting a bad reputation (and rightfully so) that they were making all of their hardware where it only worked with the 360.

As far as the halo goes....don't be that guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Blossomoo

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 12:19:31 AM »
The main method of using Lua inside of C# is with LuaInterface, but since it uses unmanaged code, you aren't able to use it on the Xbox due to safety precautions. There was an old project called 'xnua' that was working on creating a binding for XNA to use Lua without the need of unmanaged code, but their official site seems to be gone.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 07:30:45 AM »
The main method of using Lua inside of C# is with LuaInterface, but since it uses unmanaged code, you aren't able to use it on the Xbox due to safety precautions. There was an old project called 'xnua' that was working on creating a binding for XNA to use Lua without the need of unmanaged code, but their official site seems to be gone.

Well thanks.  Have you seen Jim?  Will his code work unmanaged?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 11:56:40 AM »

Excellent first post!!!

Please post often!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions