Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Take the money and run" & "Son of a preacher man" being played at the IB...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
If you really believe this shit then all I got to say is:

You're a dumb ass...
You are now anointed....The King of Sarcasm!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
You are now anointed....The King of Sarcasm!!!!!

I'm confused...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
A moose once bit my sister.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
I'm confused...
rws forgot to put in the "sarcasm" sign, he used the wackin' off emotioncon instead.  He was being sarcastic and it flew over your head.  Therefore you've been anointed.....The KING OF SARCASM!!!!  It was a joke.  KOS!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
A moose once bit my sister.

Mind you, moose bites can be pretty nasty ...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

I'm confused...

I don't think it's you that's confrused.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
rws forgot to put in the "sarcasm" sign, he used the wackin' off emotioncon instead.  He was being sarcastic and it flew over your head.  Therefore you've been anointed.....The KING OF SARCASM!!!!  It was a joke.  KOS!!!

So you think the ever smug, always defending bama no matter what, make excuses for anything that Alabama ever does meant to put the "sarcasm" emoticon instead of the "whatever" emoticon when he was being smug, defending bama, and making excuses for them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

So you think the ever smug, always defending bama no matter what, make excuses for anything that Alabama ever does meant to put the "sarcasm" emoticon instead of the "whatever" emoticon when he was being smug, defending bama, and making excuses for them?

For Prowler...

:taunt: = whatever

:sarcasm: = sarcasm

Subtle difference is: The word "sarcasm" is used in one and not the other. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

You guys need to quit being pre-madonnas and leave the prowler alone.  He knows what the fuck he's talking about.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 01:41:11 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
You guys need to quit being pre-madonnas and leave the prowler alone.  He knows what the fuck he's talking about.

We're living in a material world and Prowler's a material girl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Back on topic:

I am astounded at the rednecks that try to compare this to Tuberville holding up six fingers.

Hey dumbshits, one is a coach acknowledging his team's accomplishments over the Alabama team. Call me a homer, but I can't for the life of me see how that is remotely comparable to the athletic department deliberately playing songs over the loudspeaker to mock a specific kid on the Auburn team over a bullshit allegation to begin with.

As Scarbinsky said in his article today, if you're looking for an equivalent, it would be Auburn playing Jailhouse Rock last year for Ingram's dad. That would have bammers and the national media completely shitting their pants over our lack of class. But that wouldn't happen at Auburn.

Also, I've heard several bammers, in comparison to this, and even before this became a subject of conversation, say that Auburn playing Rammer Jammer is the lowest of the low. Are you serious? I can't even get into the mind of a bammer that thinks this way, no matter how hard I try. It's ok for you to have an organized cheer that exclaims you "Just beat the hell outta" Georgia State, and every other opponent you play, but if Auburn satirically gives you a taste of your own medicine, that is classless? I stand amazed.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:49:37 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Nevermind the fact that it was being talked about on bammOnLine last Tues or Wed.  They knew those songs where going to be played, the Ath Dept knew those songs where going to be played, the camera man knee those songs where going to be played (hence them showing Cam while the songs where being played).

If SPuat had won, Daniel Moore would be getting the canvas prepped to paint "Take The Money & Run".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Nevermind the fact that it was being talked about on bammOnLine last Tues or Wed.  They knew those songs where going to be played, the Ath Dept knew those songs where going to be played, the camera man knee those songs where going to be played (hence them showing Cam while the songs where being played).

If SPuat had won, Daniel Moore would be getting the canvas prepped to paint "Take The Money & Run".

skaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetz

muthabithasses!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20101130/NEWS/101139992/1011?Title=Athletic-department-official-approved-song-choices

TUSCALOOSA | The part-time disc jockey who was fired by the University of Alabama on Monday for playing provocative songs over the public address system at Bryant-Denny Stadium before kickoff of the Iron Bowl last week wasn't alone on the prank — a higher-ranking, full-time staffer was in on the planning and there in the control booth, but still has his job.
Related Links:

Jason Brant, director of Crimson Tide Productions, which oversees elements of game-day presentation at University of Alabama football games, participated in selecting the songs — “Son of a Preacher Man” and “Take the Money and Run” — and was in the control room while they were played, The Tuscaloosa News has learned.

Two people involved in UA's investigation of the incident said Brant, who was hired in July as director of Crimson Tide Productions, gave approval for the songs to be played.

“I don't really want to comment on that,” Brant said when reached by telephone at his UA office. “Nothing to say.”

Jason Adlman, a 2008 UA graduate who has worked as an area disc jockey, was fired over the playing of the songs, which were aimed at Auburn quarterback Cam Newton. Newton, the front-runner for the Heisman Trophy, has been the subject of reports that allege his father, a minister, solicited payment during his son's recruitment in violation of NCAA rules.

“No comment,” Adlman said when contacted by The Tuscaloosa News.

Brant's supervisor, Milton Overstreet, did not respond to messages. Overstreet, the senior associate athletics director for technology advancement, has final approval of songs to be played at UA football games. The songs were not part of the approved script for the game, according to UA.

Adlman, who was not named by UA, “deviated from the script that had been approved for the game with Auburn, and the University took steps to immediately terminate his contract,” UA Public Relations Director Debbie Lane said Monday in an e-mail.

Another UA employee, Amy Eifler, the manager of the Production House at the Center for Public Television and Radio, was also involved and worked with Brant to plan the playing of the songs before the game, according to two people involved UA's investigation of the event. Eifler could not be reached for comment.

Alabama officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Brant's involvement.

Brant worked for Daktronics, a company that sells and services electronic scoreboard equipment, as a big-screen producer before being hired by Alabama, according to a UA press release announcing his hiring. UA contracts with Daktronics for scoreboard and video screens in Bryant-Denny Stadium and Coleman Coliseum. Brant also worked previously for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League.

The Southeastern Conference reacted to the announcemnt of the firing of Adlman in a e-mail statement from spokesman Charles Bloom: “The playing of the songs is not something we would condone and (the SEC) would be pleased that Alabama officials have taken this position.” The SEC had no role in the matter, Bloom said.

“The University of Alabama takes great pride in our football team's long-standing tradition of playing the game with dignity and class, and showing respect for players and coaches of opposing teams,” Lane said in her e-mail statement. “We are disappointed when the actions of any staff member undermind our deeply held values and expectations.”

Adlman posted “looks like I made the news yesterday” Saturday on his Twitter account, linking a report about the playing of the songs. He locked his account Tuesday.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:36:31 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
And....BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Only :bamahomer: is surprised...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
What's funny was seeing all of the media people patting the University on the back and saying how great it was for then to take such a strong stance against the one "part-time" employee who did this horrible deed.  Lmao, the egg is all over their faces now, courtesy of the classless University.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions