Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Take the money and run" & "Son of a preacher man" being played at the IB...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
I absolutely agree that it was a shitty thing for the bammer PA guys to do.  I just think that at this point, Prowler's ability to point at anything anyone else does as being classless has been somewhat diminished.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Oh, I get the point. I just think it's beyond laughable for Prowler to make a big deal about it. I need lessons on class from the prowler like I need directions to section N-5 in Bryant Denny from RWS. Sure, they can google it and find the answers, but neither can explain from experience.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 03:58:16 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Oh, I get the point. I just think it's beyond laughable for Prowler to make a big deal about it. I need lessons on class from the prowler like I need directions to section N-5 in Bryant Denny from RWS. Sure, they both google it and find the answers, but neither can explain from experience.

BOOM goes the dynamite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Oh, I get the point. I just think it's beyond laughable for Prowler to make a big deal about it. I need lessons on class from the prowler like I need directions to section N-5 in Bryant Denny from RWS. Sure, they can google it and find the answers, but neither can explain from experience.

holy fuck dude...

:classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I say we let him stay another year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

I say we let him stay another year.

only if his avatar improves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
I cannot believe I am about to say this, but.....

I think y'all are missing Prowlers point, or perhaps I am. However, I believe the point he was trying to get across was that for the fanbase to do it is one thing.  I.e. Throwing the money, whatever. 

However playing the songs over the PA system in his mind constitutes
 a lack of class by the University. I do agree with that point.  It doesn't surprise me, nor do I care, but I agree.
That's how I read it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

Come on JR...this man needs absolute proof of something before he can comment. Don't you know?

I had the proof I needed when a buddy at the game texted me about it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Skreet cred.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

From a Rivals poster regarding the songs. I don't know this guy nor know if he is the least bit credible. He could be completely full of shit, however, I thought it was at least interesting...

How do you recruit college football players and not know the status of preachers within the black community?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Does your buddy run with scissors?  Oh wait, you said AT the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

The wheels on the bus go round and round.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20101129/news/101129616

UA staffer terminated over song choice

TUSCALOOSA | The University of Alabama terminated an employee Monday who played unauthorized music over the Bryant-Denny Stadium public address system prior to Friday's Iron Bowl.

The staffer was part-time, according to UA Public Relations Director Debbie Lane, but has not been named by the university. Two of the pre-game song choices were "Take the Money and Run," by The Steve Miller Band, and "Son of Preacher Man", recorded by Dusty Springfield in 1968 and later by recording legend Aretha Franklin.

The song choices were apparently directed at Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, whose father is a reverend and is embroiled in a recruiting scandal amid reports that he sought payment during his son's recruitment in violation of NCAA rules.

"Our processes require that all music and videos played in the stadium prior to and during every game be carefully scripted and approved by a senior administrator in the Athletics Department," Lane wrote in an e-mail. "The former staff member deviated from the script that had been approved for the game with Auburn, and the University took steps to immediately terminate his contract."

Newton was recruited heavily by Mississippi State before signing with the Tigers. It has been his recruitment by the Bulldogs that has come under scrutiny, according to reports, by both the NCAA and FBI. No link between Newton's father, Cecil, and improper benefits from an Auburn representative has been established to date.

"The University of Alabama takes great pride in our football team’s long-standing tradition of playing the game with dignity and class, and showing respect for players and coaches of opposing teams," Lane added. "We are disappointed when the actions of any staff member undermine our deeply held values and expectations."

Auburn spokesperson Kirk Sampson declined to comment on the matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Scape Goat....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Scape Goat....
I bet. They were SO concerned about outrage from AU fans on message boards, the pressure to find somebody to fire was incredible I'm sure.

:taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

Scape Goat....

Was his name Billy?
I bet. They were SO concerned about outrage from AU fans on message boards, the pressure to find somebody to fire was incredible I'm sure.

I have heard very few people, Bama folks included, that didn't think it was classless for the University to engage in that type behavior.  I'm sure that the "part timer" that got fired was a bit of a scape goat...can't convince me someone else above him didn't know he was going to do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!

Yup...concerned because The Prowler (King of The Classless, anointed by a few folks on TigersX), realized that this was pretty damn classless.  So, with him being so classless himself he's able to spot other classless happenings and for him to say that they're being classless, again coming from him, speaks volumes of just how classless it actually is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Was his name Billy?
I'm sure that the "part timer" that got fired was a bit of a scape goat...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Was his name Billy?
I have heard very few people, Bama folks included, that didn't think it was classless for the University to engage in that type behavior.  I'm sure that the "part timer" that got fired was a bit of a scape goat...can't convince me someone else above him didn't know he was going to do it.
THIS.

Like they just let any pimple-faced (think Birmingham) intern run the sound system at Bryant Denny Stadium during the Iron Bowl, to play whatever the fuck they want without anyone else knowing anything about it. What if he wanted to play "Fuck The Police", or some GG Allin?

I don't buy it for a second.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 08:23:27 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat

If you really believe this shit then all I got to say is:

You're a dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions