Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Won't Be Posting Much....

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Won't Be Posting Much....
« on: November 24, 2010, 01:32:47 PM »
For the next couple of days.  Thanksgiving tomorrow so we'll be slamming turkey and bourbon...I mean Iced tea..with the fam.  Friday is teh Irons Bowls and we'll have a ton of people over grilling out and screaming our heads off at the TV.  I have every confidence in this team and in particular, Cam Newton.  Tough to say ONE guy on an entire football team will make that much of a difference but after watching this guy in person all year long, I've finally come to  realize, accept, embrace or whatever...that this guy is just a superior athlete to everyone else on the field.  You can game plan your ass off to stop him but if he's bigger, faster and stronger than everyone else, it's futile and you're just going to have to outscore him.

Add to that by acknowledging that this is a line blocking for him that has more experience than any we've ever had at Auburn. I'm even more encouraged by the emergence of Dyer/O'Mac and one of the best receiving units in the league, all of whom are made far better by how much attention defenses must focus on Mr. Newton.  If our defense can play with the same "Bend but don't break" mentality as they have all year, there's no way that Auburn will not come out on top.  At least that's this Auburn homer's thoughts.

Regardless of what happens, this has already been a year that's exceeded all expectations.  Auburn is the West Division Champs and we've all had the privilege of watching one of the greatest athletes ever to play college football.  And fortunately for us, he has been wearing orange and blue.  Happy and safe Thanksgiving to everyone....War Damn Eagle and let's finish this miracle regular season by ripping the Tide a new one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Won't Be Posting Much....
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 01:51:05 PM »
 :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 01:59:18 PM »
I have every confidence in this team and in particular, Cam Newton.  Tough to say ONE guy on an entire football team will make that much of a difference but after watching this guy in person all year long, I've finally come to  realize, accept, embrace or whatever...that this guy is just a superior athlete to everyone else on the field.  You can game plan your ass off to stop him but if he's bigger, faster and stronger than everyone else, it's futile and you're just going to have to outscore him.

I 100% agree. Cam Newton is a freak. And because he is playing, I think that Auburn can and will win every game that they play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 02:55:51 PM »
enjoy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 03:01:11 PM »
Phew.  When I read your thread title, I thought for sure your wife was shutting down your internet privileges again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 03:39:57 PM »
Phew.  When I read your thread title, I thought for sure your wife was shutting down your internet privileges again.

BOOM!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."