Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why does it look so ugly?

JR4AU

Why does it look so ugly?
« on: November 14, 2010, 12:56:49 PM »
UGA: Rushing: 24 att. for 81 yds, 3.4 per carry, 1TD

Passing: 15 of 28, 53%, 273 yds, 3 TDs.

354 yds total offense.

Absolutely nothing stellar about those offensive stats.  Not bad passing, but not great completion percentage.  Problem is it's a big play when they do complete one....but while this defense looks bad doing it, they seem to be getting the job done when they have to. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Why does it look so ugly?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 01:02:14 PM »
I noticed that too.

Our defense seems to struggle in spurts.

I know after Georgia's first 14 plays, they had 21 points.  It's those kind of spurts that can really hurt a football team's chances of winning.

I think at one point in the Arkansas game, Arkansas had 3 TDs in 5 plays or something ridiculous like that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »
Seems to me we have gotten better than average at adjusting at halftime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 01:53:15 PM »
Seems to me we have gotten better than average at adjusting at halftime.
Really only had one bad quarter. Had a rash of penalties that added to the opening misery.  I can't get over the continuous wide-open space down the middle for such a receiver like Greene. The D really started hurrying Murray after the opening quarter, especially Bates. Early in the season we couldn't find the ball but least that has subsided.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions