Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

UGA at AU game thread...

JR4AU

Re: UGA at AU game thread...
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2010, 01:51:40 PM »
Fairley was getting "cheap shotted" the entire friggin game. The rough hits on Murray were Karma. And you are right - on the knee shot, Fairley was blocked (upended if you will) into Murray's knee. Georgia = Classless. As they usually are under Richt. Stomping on Florida's Field, Soldier Boy against Auburn come to mind recently.

I agree that UGA has been dirty at times.  I don't like Auburn retaliating with dirty play.  Fairley had one late hit, and it was called.  The hit on Murray's leg, to anybody watching and not looking for it to be dirty, was not dirty, and I don't think even intentional.  As stated, he got cut down.   In fact, just watched it again on the replay on CSS.  NOTHING remotely dirty about it.  What follows, SUCKS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2010, 01:56:14 PM »
I agree that UGA has been dirty at times.  I don't like Auburn retaliating with dirty play.  Fairley had one late hit, and it was called.  The hit on Murray's leg, to anybody watching and not looking for it to be dirty, was not dirty, and I don't think even intentional.  As stated, he got cut down.   In fact, just watched it again on the replay on CSS.  NOTHING remotely dirty about it.  What follows, SUCKS!
CONCUR
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2010, 03:38:36 PM »
There was a late hit in the 1st quarter that didn't get a flag, but both Gary and Verne were stating that the SEC office really needs to get onto the refs for not calling late hits like that. It was the one where Fairley picked the QB up and drove his back into the ground. They went on like a 2 minute tirade about how it should have been flagged, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »
There was a late hit in the 1st quarter that didn't get a flag, but both Gary and Verne were stating that the SEC office really needs to get onto the refs for not calling late hits like that. It was the one where Fairley picked the QB up and drove his back into the ground. They went on like a 2 minute tirade about how it should have been flagged, etc.
Yes and it was Danielsom rather than Blackledge. They even made a reference to the current NFL ruling but they seem to want to villianize a player like Fairley without noting the double team cut down tactics being employed to slow him down. I understand the outrage, I just want my coach to take it to the refs during a tv timeout and make it clear to the team the consequences of showing your ass. It was "unfair" but there is no argument on principal here. You can't behave like Richt's team of thugs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2010, 06:32:13 PM »
Most of the rest of the country has Fairley labeled as a dirty player today. It's on the googles. The hit on Murray where he was flagged was a cheap shot. Late, late hit and Murray had his arm down after the pass looking at the receiver downfield before he was helmeted in the spine. Dirty play and I would say the same thing about a hog player doing it.
The announcers of the game mentioned that he had knocked 3 QBs out of the game this year. I know he got Mallett. Wilson came in and did good, so no big deal as far as we were concerned.  Maybe he thinks that is his job, now.
Fairley is too good of a player to be pulling this shit. He's first round on talent and ability. The NFL is fining players nowadays for doing this shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »

Verne and Gary aren't refs. The refs saw it, and didn't call it.  It wasn't late if it wasn't called.  This isn't the NFL with bazillion dollar QBs.  The rules are different at this level.  When they change them, then the play will change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2010, 07:43:57 PM »
UGA stomped on out logo before the game. I used to like those guys. I'm starting to view them in the same light as UF.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2010, 01:47:32 AM »
The announcers of the game mentioned that he had knocked 3 QBs out of the game this year.
Fairley's knocked out 4 QBs, but the ULM QB came back later in the game though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2010, 09:00:56 AM »
UGA stomped on out logo before the game. I used to like those guys. I'm starting to view them in the same light as UF.

Exactly LT....the uggers seem to bring up NONE of this stuff in their bitching....they were throwing the first punches and are mad Auburn hit back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »
Exactly LT....the uggers seem to bring up NONE of this stuff in their bitching....they were throwing the first punches and are mad Auburn hit back.

Saw on another site a link to a football show where the broadcast team was condoning UGA "fighting back" to protect their QB. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2010, 09:09:24 AM »
Saw on another site a link to a football show where the broadcast team was condoning UGA "fighting back" to protect their QB.
yep...the bulldog report out of Atlanta....with those 2 bald Italian guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »
yep...the bulldog report out of Atlanta....with those 2 bald Italian guys.
Yep, that's the one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2010, 10:45:50 AM »

Yep, that's the one.

Please to be posting the link JR....watch the guy with goatee when the camera is on him. He appears to be looking up at the ceiling. Real creepy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2010, 11:21:19 AM »

Please to be posting the link JR....watch the guy with goatee when the camera is on him. He appears to be looking up at the ceiling. Real creepy.

Fuck you, look it up yourself.   :poke:

Gimme a minute to find it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2010, 12:47:55 PM »
Yep, that's the one.

I think it has 3 bald guys. Dimino, Shapiro, Cellini.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 01:46:30 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2010, 01:41:32 PM »
It was here: http://atlanta.sbnation.com/georgia-bulldogs/2010/11/13/1812605/video-nick-fairley-causing-aaron-murray-injury-and-uga-auburn-fight

Suspect it was deleted because the fuckers were condoning UGA's thuggery. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2010, 09:28:36 PM »
It was here: http://atlanta.sbnation.com/georgia-bulldogs/2010/11/13/1812605/video-nick-fairley-causing-aaron-murray-injury-and-uga-auburn-fight

Suspect it was deleted because the fuckers were condoning UGA's thuggery. 
That's not good enough, push the link for me...I'm too lazy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs