Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Just Cracked the First Cold One

Aubie16

Just Cracked the First Cold One
« on: March 15, 2008, 02:20:40 PM »
Starting off with a Flying Dog IPA. I got their 12 Variety Pack. I've tried a couple of them before but not all of them. I'm planning on finishing all 12 today so posting could get a little hairy around late afternoon.

Anybody else around?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:39:02 PM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Just Cracked the First Cold One
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:38:10 PM »
Starting off with a Flying Dog IPA. I got their 12 Variety Pack. I've had a couple of them but not all of them. I'm planning on finishing all 12 today so posting could get a little hairy around late afternoon.

Anybody else around?
I'm about to start up the lawn mower and then for fun try out the weed-eater. Keep me updated on your quest!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 02:59:59 PM »
I didn't get in til 6 this morning.

Left the chick's house I woke up at, took other people to their cars, just getting in, and now I'm about to go to a St. Patty's day fest at Sloss.

My liver is going to hate me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 03:18:48 PM »
I'm about to start up the lawn mower and then for fun try out the weed-eater. Keep me updated on your quest!

At times, being right out of college and still living in an apartment for for a year or two while I figure out where I am going to live permanently kind of sucks. But then when you talk about having to do yard work, etc...I realize living in an apartment isn't that bad!

Except for the whole pissing away money every month thing.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:19:51 PM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

Jumbo

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 03:52:54 PM »
At times, being right out of college and still living in an apartment for for a year or two while I figure out where I am going to live permanently kind of sucks. But then when you talk about having to do yard work, etc...I realize living in an apartment isn't that bad!

Except for the whole pissing away money every month thing.
equity is your friend :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 04:07:55 PM »
equity is your friend :vn:

Exactly. It pains me every month when I give them a check knowing that money is never going to end up back in my hands.

Back to the topic:

The IPA was wonderful. Nearly as good as Sweetwater IPA. The Amber Lager was next up, and I enjoyed it, though less than the IPA. I typically like ales more than your typical Lager but this one was much better than most lagers.

I am currently drinking my 3rd, which is the Porter. Not such a big fan. I am more of a hop guy and there malt flavor of the porter is not good. Oh well. It'll go down just as fast as the others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 04:14:20 PM »
I have to go to my 4 year olds soccer game at 4:00...and then...I am going to a keg party!!! First fucking keg party I have been to in like 6 years. I told my nieghbor while he was out buying the keg, he might as well get a funnel too. I know that I will do a keg stand before the night is over...there is no doubt in my mind!!!

SOOOOO...if I do a drive by PUI this evening...I am sure I will get a kick out of it in the morning!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 05:34:21 PM »
Just cracked my first Newcastle.  I plan on having sex and a good meal later.  If only I can get my wife to join me, that'd be pretty cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 05:42:59 PM »
Exactly. It pains me every month when I give them a check knowing that money is never going to end up back in my hands.

Back to the topic:

The IPA was wonderful. Nearly as good as Sweetwater IPA. The Amber Lager was next up, and I enjoyed it, though less than the IPA. I typically like ales more than your typical Lager but this one was much better than most lagers.

I am currently drinking my 3rd, which is the Porter. Not such a big fan. I am more of a hop guy and there malt flavor of the porter is not good. Oh well. It'll go down just as fast as the others.
the 10 years I lived in a apartment would have almost paid off a 15 year mortgage  :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »
Just poured my first glass of scotch.  Glenfiddich 12 year, and it tastes like candy.  I have gotten to the point that I like my scotch neat after many years of drinking it on the rocks. 

I have some bullshit wedding party to go to with the wife tonight, so I plan on having a nice buzz before hand to ease the pain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 06:37:08 PM »
Just cracked my first Newcastle.  I plan on having sex and a good meal later.  If only I can get my wife to join me, that'd be pretty cool.

mmmm...new castle. That was my favorite tap beer until I discovered shiner bock. I just had my first cup of keg brew ad working on my second. I am not sure how many peple are going to show up here but we have vowed to float this mother fucker...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 10:14:59 PM »
Aubie16 you finished drinkin' or just passed the fuck out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 12:49:08 AM »
Aubie16 you finished drinkin' or just passed the fuck out?

Ha I actually got a call from two buddies who were still in town as well and we ended up going to Bodega for the rest of the night. It was eerily quiet downtown tonight. Bodega only had about 20 people in the entire bar...which is certainly an odd occurrence.

Anyways...I got through about 7 of the beers before we left for the bar...and had quite a few more drinks there. It's a shame we had to come home so early tonight though. I hope everyone else had a good night as well.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 12:50:51 AM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
Oh. my. god. I forgot how much keg beer kicks your ass the next morning...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions