Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ridiculousness sets in...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Ridiculousness sets in...
« on: October 20, 2010, 11:30:37 AM »
I'm a pretty rational person who believes in the power of logic and reason.

I was doing my laundry yesterday and considering my gameday attire for Saturday.

Had a silly thought:  Self, better wear blue.  You've worn blue at each of the games you've attended and we're undefeated.  If you buck that trend and we lose, it'll be all your fault.

Stupid, I know.  But still won't be able to bring myself to wear anything but blue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Ridiculousness sets in...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 11:32:13 AM »

I was doing my laundry yesterday and considering my gameday attire for Saturday.

Had a silly thought:  Self, better wear blue.  You've worn blue at each of the games you've attended and we're undefeated.  If you buck that trend and we lose, it'll be all your fault.

Stupid, I know.  But still won't be able to bring myself to wear anything but blue.
Good.  Don't change.  I have been wearing the same shirt and hat every game this year, and it's not going to change now
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 11:32:37 AM »

You never fuck with a streak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 11:36:43 AM »
For me, it's the navy bra (and of course, the shaved legs.) 

I changed shirts for last week and we still won, which is good, because I don't think my Auburn t-shirt would go over well for wedding attire.  But the navy blue bra can still be worn - I can still represent...

If we win, I may flash all the corndogs at the reception in honor of you guys... you know, keeping up the LSU gameday tradition.  What good is an open bar unless there's at least one flasher?

I bought two of the "old school" t-shirts - one grey with the AU and one washed out blue that just says Auburn Tigers.  They are SO SOFT and fit very well - and the old school look is awesome.  Highly recommend them... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »
I wear the same shirt until we lose our first game, every year.

This year it's an orange UnderArmour shirt. Unless we're on the road. Then I'm watching the game in my road whites (a white Columbia shirt).

Also new this year: During the baseball SEC tournament, I kicked it with a lot of the baseball player's parents between some of the games at their RV's. Some of them had made orange and blue coozies that say "War Eagle" on one side and "Expect to Win 2010" on the other. I decided that was fitting for football this year as well. I have used the coozie while watching every game, home or away, except the games I've attended (which by the way, far exceeds any season since my last one in school), in which I am using it the entire tailgate leading up to walking to the game. And even then I leave it in my pocket, since I'm most likely drinking a beer on the way over to the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 12:03:51 PM »
In 2006, I went red seersucker shorts and white polo for the Hogs' opener against Southern Cal. After getting blown the fuck out for the second consecutive year, I wore a black polo the next week as a sign of protest toward our idiot head coach. It was a cupcake, and we squeaked by looking pretty rough. Went with black again the next week, and every other game I attended (all but one home game).   At some point it became superstition instead of protest as we reeled off 10 straight wins.

Thanksgiving week and playing LSU on Friday screwed up the laundry cycle and I had to wear red to our regular season finale against the Tigers. Fucking Trindon Holliday.

Sani is right. You never fuck with a streak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 12:20:33 PM »
because I don't think my Auburn t-shirt would go over well for wedding attire.  But the navy blue bra can still be worn - I can still represent...

If we win, I may flash all the corndogs at the reception in honor of you guys... you know, keeping up the LSU gameday tradition.  What good is an open bar unless there's at least one flasher?

What kind of stupid assed corn dog would have a wedding on AU/LSU weekend?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 12:29:18 PM »
I still blame the '05 opening loss to Ga Tech on the Superdome and it's chair arms.
During the 2004 season, I wore the same pair of Nautica khaki shorts to every game I attended.  I toughed it out during the Georgia and bammer games just so I wouldn't mess with the streak.  I also wore them to the Sugar Bowl, but ripped the hell out of one of the front pockets on the seat arm at some point after jumping up to cheer for an Auburn TD.  I had to retire them to the "work clothes" drawer, so as not to completely piss off the FBKG's...but it just wasn't enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »
For me, it's the navy bra (and of course, the shaved legs.) 

I changed shirts for last week and we still won, which is good, because I don't think my Auburn t-shirt would go over well for wedding attire.  But the navy blue bra can still be worn - I can still represent...

I bought two of the "old school" t-shirts - one grey with the AU and one washed out blue that just says Auburn Tigers.  They are SO SOFT and fit very well - and the old school look is awesome.  Highly recommend them...

I tried the navy blue bra and we lost to So Car. I am done with that thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 12:36:23 PM »
Yeah, I went too far in 05' too.  I had rocked the bright orange, oversized Ronnie Brown jersey for all of 04' and didn't have the good sense to retire it before the 05' season opener.  Yeah, I know, but some guys just don't know when it's time to hang em' up.  So far, it's the solid blue Polo pullover and vintage Aubie cap. (New one)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 12:40:48 PM »
I tried the navy blue bra and we lost to So Car. I am done with that thing.

Manzeire
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 12:45:39 PM »
i've got the auburn flag flying @ the homestead this year.  actually, i haven't flown it the last 5 seasons.  before heading back east one of my tasks was to take the flag down.  i didn't.  it will remain flying. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 01:01:11 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
i've got the auburn flag flying @ the homestead this year.  actually, i haven't flown it the last 5 seasons.  before heading back east one of my tasks was to take the flag down.  i didn't.  it will remain flying.

So the losses the last couple of years are your fault.
Got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »
I have an Auburn-DFW Texas Club shirt-Wear every game. Will be wearing it this weekend-Section 31 Row 27

Everynight wear my Auburn sleep shorts-(Not washed) Do want to lose the mojo.

Wife will be glad when season is over.   :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 01:05:58 PM »
I have an Auburn-DFW Texas Club shirt-Wear every game. Will be wearing it this weekend-Section 31 Row 27

Everynight wear my Auburn sleep shorts-(Not washed) Do want to lose the mojo.

Wife will be glad when season is over.   :sad:

Some shit is meant to washed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 01:13:52 PM »

Sometimes you gotta sacrifice for the mojo.

Smelly shorts (not nasty) = Win 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 01:17:04 PM »
What kind of stupid assed corn dog would have a wedding on AU/LSU weekend?

One that wanted to get married at the St Louis Cathedral and have her reception at the Ritz Carlton.  It was an away game weekend... trust me, she and her hubby to be are LSU grads and they are as sick as I am - they were praying for a 6:30 kick and had arranged for four big screens at the reception... fucking CBS...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 02:04:45 PM »

Yeah, but I think the real question is: what fucking man wears "sleep shorts"?  Are they like Mormon temple garments?

Nekkid, baby.  Like the day I was born and (hopefully) the way I go out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »
Yeah, but I think the real question is: what fucking man wears "sleep shorts"?  Are they like Mormon temple garments?

Nekkid, baby.  Like the day I was born and (hopefully) the way I go out.

You're big on the lemmonparties already.  I hardly see that changing over time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions