Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Intel's i5 and i7 processors

Intel's i5 and i7 processors
« on: October 08, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
The wife and I just purchased new computers.  I have been a solid HP/Compaq guy for over ten years and I had originally purchased a couple of new HP laptops with the AMD Phenom II processors. However, they both started blue screening and my wife did not like the new type of touchpad the HP had. So we took them back because of the blue screening and come to find out some HP, Gateway, and Dell computers are having that problem if you have Charter's F-Secure installed like we did (something about driver issues, blah, blah, blah). That is what the Geek Squad dude said anyway, so take that with a grain of salt.

So I went ahead and spent a little extra $$$ this time for some good hardware instead of of going the cheap low end route like I usually do. I hated changing manufacturers because HP/Compaq has been reliable for us, but since apparently HP has gone with the same design for the same touchpad on all their models, we looked at others. The wife picked out a Sony Viao with an i5 and I got a Toshiba Satellite A665 with an i7. After a weeks worth of use that includes school and my streaming some Netflix, I must sway I am very impressed with these processors. I like the Turbo Boost technology that sort of even overclocks them if needed without me having to go in and tweak it myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Intel's i5 and i7 processors
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 02:51:44 PM »
The wife and I just purchased new computers.  I have been a solid HP/Compaq guy for over ten years and I had originally purchased a couple of new HP laptops with the AMD Phenom II processors. However, they both started blue screening and my wife did not like the new type of touchpad the HP had. So we took them back because of the blue screening and come to find out some HP, Gateway, and Dell computers are having that problem if you have Charter's F-Secure installed like we did (something about driver issues, blah, blah, blah). That is what the Geek Squad dude said anyway, so take that with a grain of salt.

So I went ahead and spent a little extra $$$ this time for some good hardware instead of of going the cheap low end route like I usually do. I hated changing manufacturers because HP/Compaq has been reliable for us, but since apparently HP has gone with the same design for the same touchpad on all their models, we looked at others. The wife picked out a Sony Viao with an i5 and I got a Toshiba Satellite A665 with an i7. After a weeks worth of use that includes school and my streaming some Netflix, I must sway I am very impressed with these processors. I like the Turbo Boost technology that sort of even overclocks them if needed without me having to go in and tweak it myself.

Don't ever go AMD to mouth!!!!!!!!!

Seriously AMD use to be on par with Intel, but that hasn't been the case for at least 5 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum