Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Does Florida Suck this Bad?

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
Does Florida Suck this Bad?
« on: October 02, 2010, 11:02:45 PM »
They have given this game to Bama giftwrapped all night.  I was hoping for a good close battle but an ass whoopin is what i've watched.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Does Florida Suck this Bad?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 11:06:36 PM »
Yes.  Their team is garbage.  146 turnovers, no real leader, and their fucking quarterback avenger can't even get the snap exchange right.  Pure shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

boartitz

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 11:14:34 PM »
The Espin announcers have dissed us all day by naming Florida as the first real SEC test for Bammer. Fuck them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 11:15:03 PM »
Yes.  Their team is garbage.  146 turnovers, no real leader, and their fucking quarterback avenger can't even get the snap exchange right.  Pure shit.
And really, to their defense, this is half Meyer's fault. He rode the Tebow horse until it died, didn't develop his team beyond that, and had no plan B for when Tebow left. At least, that's what it looks like, anyway.

1. Pick a QB.

2. Pick an offense.

Seriously, I don't think it has gone beyond that. Alabama was playing some pretty good defense, but Florida shot themselves in the foot ALOT. How much of that Alabama contributed to, I'm not really sure.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:21:50 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 12:21:35 AM »
And really, to their defense, this is half Meyer's fault. He rode the Tebow horse until it died, didn't develop his team beyond that, and had no plan B for when Tebow left. At least, that's what it looks like, anyway.

1. Pick a QB.

2. Pick an offense.

Seriously, I don't think it has gone beyond that. Alabama was playing some pretty good defense, but Florida shot themselves in the foot ALOT. How much of that Alabama contributed to, I'm not really sure.
My thoughts exactly.

I'm still unimpressed with SPuat.  SPuat's SECOND true test will come next Saturday against USCe...if Garcia doesn't gift wrap the game like Mallet and like UF did all night, then SPuat will have a very long trip home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 12:42:42 AM »
I'm still unimpressed with SPuat.  SPuat's SECOND true test will come next Saturday against USCe...if Garcia doesn't gift wrap the game like Mallet and like UF did all night, then SPuat will have a very long trip home.

Pfft.  We beat South Carolina's ass and force Garcia turnovers (like Auburn did) and you'll say the same shit next week. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 02:12:33 AM »
My thoughts exactly.

You're living in a dream world!  I hate those fuckers with a red hot passion, but they're by far, by a fucking country mile, the most complete team in the SEC.  Not as good as last year, only because they lost an NFL defense, an yet...they're fucking gooooooood.  The only teams in the country that might be close are Okla. and tOSU, and tOSU struggled a bit today.   On a more depressing note...if Auburn had a secondary, we'd be worthy of our top 10 billing.  USCe and Auburn may in fact be the only tests Bammer sees this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 08:14:32 AM »
Florida sucks. This totally sucks for the SEC East because that whole division sucks except for the Cocks, no pun intended. If Spurrier can't get to ATL this year, he needs to retire. I still have concerns for Auburn in playing LSU and Arkansas but I think we can get it done. We are getting better and better each game. Alabama is of the chains right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 09:40:03 AM »
Florida sucks. This totally sucks for the SEC East because that whole division sucks except for the Cocks, no pun intended. If Spurrier can't get to ATL this year, he needs to retire. I still have concerns for Auburn in playing LSU and Arkansas but I think we can get it done. We are getting better and better each game. Alabama is of the chains right now.
Arkansas was physical against Alabama but Florida looked intimidated. South Carolina is physical but Garcia will have to play the game of his life if the kid can't get loose a few times. Mallett did it for three quarters but I don't think the Gamecocks can hold up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 10:20:45 AM »
You're living in a dream world!  I hate those fuckers with a red hot passion, but they're by far, by a fucking country mile, the most complete team in the SEC.  Not as good as last year, only because they lost an NFL defense, an yet...they're fucking gooooooood.  The only teams in the country that might be close are Okla. and tOSU, and tOSU struggled a bit today.   On a more depressing note...if Auburn had a secondary, we'd be worthy of our top 10 billing.  USCe and Auburn may in fact be the only tests Bammer sees this year.
Oregon is fa real too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 10:37:07 AM »
Oregon is fa real too.

autzen was rocking last night.  stanford just didn't have the depth, especially on the defensive side of the ball. 

btw...does anyone in the pac 10 play fricking defense...not in the literal regard, einsteins?  even wazzu recorded nearly 400 yards against ucla.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 10:40:52 AM »
Oregon is fa real too.

It would seem so, but I have seen even less of them than OU or tOSU, so they slipped my mind. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 10:43:05 AM »
The Espin announcers have dissed us all day by naming Florida as the first real SEC test for Bammer. Fuck them.

:haha:

they weren't buying that 5 deep shit either.  or..they thought you guys still carried this patch on teh nikes.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 10:52:33 AM »
Arkansas was physical against Alabama but Florida looked intimidated. South Carolina is physical but Garcia will have to play the game of his life if the kid can't get loose a few times. Mallett did it for three quarters but I don't think the Gamecocks can hold up.

I agree. For a team that supposedly practiced all spring and summer to beat bama, Florida sure looked like shit.
The one thing about the Cocks is they have a decent run game but Garcia isn't as good as Mallet. They both freak under pressure though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 02:32:43 PM »
:haha:

they weren't buying that 5 deep poop either.  or..they thought you guys still carried this patch on teh nikes.

Arkansas is a handful for anyone, especially Auburn. I don't think Auburn matches up well against them and would rather have Bama at Bryant Denny in a slobberknocker because we know that they want to knock you off the ball while executing just enough play action from the run , limit you on 1st down and force you to beat them in the air. Arkansas is a bit more of a mystery with better overall receivers, a guy that can make all the throws and a coach with an imagination. They can play enough defense to win too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 03:22:01 PM »
Arkansas is a handful for anyone, especially Auburn. I don't think Auburn matches up well against them and would rather have Bama at Bryant Denny in a slobberknocker because we know that they want to knock you off the ball while executing just enough play action from the run , limit you on 1st down and force you to beat them in the air. Arkansas is a bit more of a mystery with better overall receivers, a guy that can make all the throws and a coach with an imagination. They can play enough defense to win too.

Disagree on several points.  Ark is all Mallet.  They struggled with a poor UGA team.  They had a good game plan early vs Bama, but when Bama adjusted, they shut Mallet down with pressure.   They either can't or won't run the ball.  If that were Auburn's offense, all you'd hear is how we don't have a running game and can't win vs "real SEC teams".  Bank on it.  Vs 2 SEC teams they've given up 24 points to each.  That's not bad vs bammer, but not great defense.   UGA wasn't a great offense when they played them, and they gave up 14 4th Q points to UGA.  Mallet will get his yards, but WE WILL get our pressure too.  Ingram and Richardson combined for 32 carries and around 260 rushing yards, and bammer scored 10 4th Q points.  Vs Bammer and UGA they were outscored 34-17 in the second half.  UGA may very well have beaten them if they had Greene.   For Ark to beat us the way we stand now, Mallet will have to do it all by himself, and that will only happen if they figure out how to keep us from getting pressure on him.   IF they can protect Mallet, an IF they can stop our run game...then they beat us...Honestly, I'm not sure they can do ALL that.  Malzahn has made some nice tweeks in the run game, and is giving folks lots to look at and think about.   We have speed in McCaleb, power in Dyer, and Both in Cam.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 03:29:05 PM »
Oh, and this just in, Cam aint one dimensional either.  He's #2 in the nation in pass efficiency, and in 5 games with 12 passing TDs is over half way to beating Chris Todd's single season TD record, and only has 4 INTs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 03:51:23 PM »
Disagree on several points.  Ark is all Mallet.  They struggled with a poor UGA team.  They had a good game plan early vs Bama, but when Bama adjusted, they shut Mallet down with pressure.   They either can't or won't run the ball.  If that were Auburn's offense, all you'd hear is how we don't have a running game and can't win vs "real SEC teams".  Bank on it.  Vs 2 SEC teams they've given up 24 points to each.  That's not bad vs bammer, but not great defense.   UGA wasn't a great offense when they played them, and they gave up 14 4th Q points to UGA.  Mallet will get his yards, but WE WILL get our pressure too.  Ingram and Richardson combined for 32 carries and around 260 rushing yards, and bammer scored 10 4th Q points.  Vs Bammer and UGA they were outscored 34-17 in the second half.  UGA may very well have beaten them if they had Greene.   For Ark to beat us the way we stand now, Mallet will have to do it all by himself, and that will only happen if they figure out how to keep us from getting pressure on him.   IF they can protect Mallet, an IF they can stop our run game...then they beat us...Honestly, I'm not sure they can do ALL that.  Malzahn has made some nice tweeks in the run game, and is giving folks lots to look at and think about.   We have speed in McCaleb, power in Dyer, and Both in Cam.   

And that is it in a nutshell. Mallet will have nightmares of Fairley for a week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »
There seems to be a sudden pooppotful of confidence in our ability to cover.
 Arky throws!
We stop THE RUN!
They are very similar to last year in personnel and what they do.
What we do better this year is adjust.
 But look at the come from behind wins against the SEC.
 Forget ArkyState and LaMonroe- they just provide reps and stats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 04:26:36 PM »
There seems to be a sudden pooppotful of confidence in our ability to cover.
 Arky throws!
We stop THE RUN!
They are very similar to last year in personnel and what they do.
What we do better this year is adjust.
 But look at the come from behind wins against the SEC.
 Forget ArkyState and LaMonroe- they just provide reps and stats.

Being one dimensional helps us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions