Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tyrone Prothro - Bank Teller

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Tyrone Prothro - Bank Teller
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 11:37:41 AM »
Regardless, there are some rich as bammers that could extend a hand to a player that go their rocks off time and time again that has connections despite the economy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »
Regardless, there are some rich as bammers that could extend a hand to a player that go their rocks off time and time again that has connections despite the economy.

Definitely agree.....they used the man until they broke him. So long Tyrone, good luck! We don't have any use for you anymore..... Well, thats a fine howdy doo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 11:42:33 AM »
I know people who were making mad money years back with multiple degrees who now bar tend or work as a fire fighter. Not that theirs anything wrong with bar tending or being a fire fighter, but just saying, neither is what you would expect people with multiple degrees previously making 6 figures to be doing now - it is THAT bad out there right now. At least the man wants to work, I will give him that. Takes a lot of pride swallowing to do what he is doing considering what happened to him. Seems like a decent guy IMHO.

No argument on any point there.  I still KNOW there's a booster out there that is in a position to help, and would probably prefer to buy a hot shot HS player over helping a decent kid that gave it all up but his life for the U of Bammer, and did so under Shoola.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 11:43:24 AM »
I can even put in words what I am thinking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 11:44:01 AM »
No argument on any point there.  I still KNOW there's a booster out there that is in a position to help, and would probably prefer to buy a hot shot HS player over helping a decent kid that gave it all up but his life for the U of Bammer, and did so under Shoola.

Pretty shitty eh?

I mean, what the fuck did Albert Means ever do to get 250K?    :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 11:46:35 AM »
Ok then, lets hear it.

Pretty shitty eh?

I mean, what the fuck did Albert Means ever do to get 250K?    :rofl:

True dat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 11:51:34 AM »

I am intrigued to know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 12:00:02 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

No Huddle

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 01:02:11 PM »
Lots of things come to mind. How fragile the human body is, how quickly your dreams can crumble and become different like, "will I be able to chase my kids around the house?" As so many you have said why hasn't someone close to my beloved Tide program stepped up and given this guy a real job? Why was he still in? Why would that creep of a Florida fan make that youtube video just making fun of Prothro's injury? If you want to make fun of the Alabama fan base or the immediate team to make yourself feel better or your team look better fine that's just part of the game, but he is making fun of a guy whose life changed right before our very eyes on TV. Do I take football too seriously or not enough? Do I watch it too much or not enough? Because if you dig deep enough into every team and program every team and program has an uplifting story or a heart-breaking story that happened to a young man who never dreamed for one minute he would be the story or he would make a difference to another young man days, months, years or even decades later. I think of all the fallen football heroes, Chucky Mullins, Bo Jackson, Tyrone Protho, Mike Utley, Derrick Thomas, etc. And how football changed their life for the better but also crushed them as well. I think that is all I will bore you with today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 01:26:31 PM »
Hey, it reminds me of that rich girl I went out with and when her dad went out of town we fooled around in his jacuzzi
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 01:27:29 PM »
Hey, it reminds me of that rich girl I went out with and when her dad went out of town we fooled around in his jacuzzi

I was about to say...

That shit NH posted won't work here at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 01:29:40 PM »

That too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 01:30:07 PM »
I was about to say...

That poop NH posted won't work here at all.

And that as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2010, 01:32:11 PM »
Damn, why don't you tell us how you feel NH. I guess we axed for it. Seriously though, very nice. That is quote material right there. You know, when this kind of shit happens to guys you see putting it all out there for their school, you can't help but hope and pray for them regardless of ones school colors. All the players that you mentioned along with Siran Stacey from Alabama and Shon Coleman from Auburn; and countless others that have truer test then what we see on the gridiron. Most of the time, though, the teams of and even opposing teams fans rally behind these to give support in whatever means possible. Then there are some that apparently fall through the cracks and are forgotten. Its sad, because because these individuals are ones that play a big part in the big money feeding the fat cats. That pisses me off to no end. You know, I think someone should be emailing or phone calling around to see if something can't be done for Prothro. Unless of course he didn't want that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2010, 01:32:43 PM »
It reminds me of smelling a 60 year old guys ass
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 01:36:57 PM »
You know I was thinking about this at lunch, because I obviously have nothing better to think about, and it brought up an idea that kind of deals with this whole college athletes should get paid debate. Instead them getting paid like a payroll check each week, month, whatever, each school should set up a savings fund for the athletes. This way, don't really get paid until after they leave school but they have something to get started on; which would be great for those that don't go pro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 01:38:07 PM »
You know I was thinking about this at lunch, because I obviously have nothing better to think about, and it brought up an idea that kind of deals with this whole college athletes should get paid debate. Instead them getting paid like a payroll check each week, month, whatever, each school should set up a savings fund for the athletes. This way, don't really get paid until after they leave school but they have something to get started on; which would be great for those that don't go pro.

Or they could just tell them all to fuck off when they're no longer of any use to the program. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2010, 01:51:14 PM »

I am sure that was awesome for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 01:52:18 PM »

Hey, screw you guys I am who I am deal with it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

No Huddle

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 01:53:46 PM »
Or they could just tell them all to phuk off when they're no longer of any use to the program.

That would not happen with the allbarn family.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions