Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Boring Offseason Topic #1

Boring Offseason Topic #1
« on: March 09, 2008, 06:15:04 PM »
1.  Would you rather have a ten year win streak against Bama with no NC's or win one NC and LOSE to Bama in that same year? 

2.  Would you accept losing to Bama five years in a row if it meant winning one NC? 

Discuss.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Boring Offseason Topic #1
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 07:21:54 PM »
1.  Would you rather have a ten year win streak against Bama with no NC's or win one NC and LOSE to Bama in that same year? 

2.  Would you accept losing to Bama five years in a row if it meant winning one NC? 

Discuss.

No and no. 

Because one NC or ten NCs wouldn't shut up the raving "we done got us tuhhhWAAALVE" horde.   National titles are nebulous.  I would for Auburn to win one before I die, but we've squandered a lot of chances (some through no fault of our own) in my lifetime. 

1983 - Should have. Were the best team in the country.
1986 - Fuck you Tommy Hodson. Would have beaten ND by 20+ that year.
1993 - Meh. No SEC-CG, no bowl, no real claim.
2004 - Fuck the BCS. 
2006 - Laugh if you want, but if we'd gotten our heads out of our asses against Georgia, the BCS voters were willing to give us the shot that Florida got instead.  And we'd have destroyed Ohio State by a similar margin.

That's five legitimate shots in the last 25 years.  It's more than any SEC team other than maybe Florida has had over that span.  I can't complain. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 11:18:28 PM »
I 'd take a mnc if our only loss that Season was to Bammer why not LSU claims it with 2 losses

Q2 no no 5 years in a row, not worth it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 08:42:03 AM »
I would take the 10 year streak, just to shut the Bear watchers up about their 9 win streak...assuming that Auburn never loses more than 3 games a year for the rest of the streak.
Oh and by the way, Kaos, it was 1987.  I was there with my Dad on the 2nd row.  That was, until the 2001 Iron Bowl, the worst walk out of a Stadium EVAR. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

BAMAPERRY

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 09:24:47 AM »
That little streak ends this year and a new one begins. Us being down has really warped some of your guys sense of self-worth. AU hasn't been so good, Bama just hasn't been as good as they used to be. That trend is over beginning this year. If you guys were honest with yourselves, you would admit that is the truth.  :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 09:27:38 AM »
That little streak ends this year and a new one begins. Us being down has really warped some of your guys sense of self-worth. AU hasn't been so good, Bama just hasn't been as good as they used to be. That trend is over beginning this year. If you guys were honest with yourselves, you would admit that is the truth.  :gig:
As soon as you admit your goat fetish to the world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 09:32:36 AM »

Man oh man, look what the cat drug in. 

What's your excuse going to be when you go 6-6 again this season?  I can already hear it next offseason: 

"That trend is really over beginning this year.  Just wait and see Barner!" 

It's funny, but my bammer buddies have been telling me since we hit 3 in a row that "that little streak ends this year and a new one begins."  Some things never change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 09:39:05 AM »
Man oh man, look what the cat drug in. 

What's your excuse going to be when you go 6-6 again this season?  I can already hear it next offseason: 

"That trend is really over beginning this year.  Just wait and see Barner!" 

It's funny, but my bammer buddies have been telling me since we hit 3 in a row that "that little streak ends this year and a new one begins."  Some things never change.

What in the fuck do you expect them to say? You can want your team to win, and think they will, even if they don't. You mean to fucking tell me every time Auburn loses, you thought they would, and didn't expect them to come out with a victory? Do I want Alabama to do better next year? Your goddamn right I do. Do I expect them to do a lot better than last year? Eh, not by a whole lot. But I do think we will see some promise with many of the new guys and red-shirts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 09:56:19 AM »

What in the fuck do you expect them to say? You can want your team to win, and think they will, even if they don't. You mean to fucking tell me every time Auburn loses, you thought they would, and didn't expect them to come out with a victory? Do I want Alabama to do better next year? Your goddamn right I do. Do I expect them to do a lot better than last year? Eh, not by a whole lot. But I do think we will see some promise with many of the new guys and red-shirts.

First of all, you're "cuss-ology" is weak.  You stick cuss words in where they don't work, and your choices are weak sauce.

Besides Guapo, the facts say that MOST bammers don't have a fucking clue when it comes to reasonable expectations, or patience for the future.  It's that very oblivious, lost, silly approach that makes bammers what they are.  It's in your Crimson blood.  It's part of your lifestyle.   Sure there are a few that buck the trend, but for the most part Guapo, most can NOT see past what's happened this week, or last week, or thirty years ago.  They're blind to reason when it comes to evaluating the future.

Hearing a bammer use the word "warped" as it pertains to another universities fan base fits like an elevator in an outhouse.  It doesn't fit, doesn't belong and reeks of stupidity.

Now, Guapo, you might find yourself to be a reasonable, level headed bammer, but don't even try to come here and explain to Auburn fans the rational behavior of a fan base too close to us.   No matter how hard you try, it would be impossible for one Bammer to represent the many different types of waterheads you have in your particular fanbase.

Take the advice... It's free.  :thumbsup:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
The one and only reason we didn't play for a MNC in 87' can be summed up in 2 words....."Prevent defense". 

Okay, a few more words....LSU had not even sniffed of the 50 yard line the entire second half.  I barely recall any first downs they got.  And then, with one last chance to go the length of the field for the win...some stupid fuck decides we should just change up everything we had done to that point.  Hodson threw about 5-6 passes underneath, marched right down the field and cut our hearts out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 10:22:34 AM »
Who the fuck invited bamaperry?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 10:39:08 AM »
I love this kid.
Remind us again how the fact that your team has been utter shit for 25 years has anything to do with the other 10-12 teams each year that we play and routinely beat this last decade?

And not to bring up pesky facts, but...
Let's look at the last 2 1/2 decades (1980-2006). In that time Auburn has won 15 in the series and Bama has won 12.

Auburn's victories breakdown like this:
4 series wins over 10-win (or more) Bama teams (26.7%)
2 series wins over 9-win Bama teams (13.3%)
3 series wins over 8-win Bama teams (20%)
10 wins over Bama teams with winning records (66%)
4 wins over Bama teams with losing records (26.7%)
AVERAGE RECORD OF BAMA TEAMS AUBURN BEAT: 7.4 wins, 4.6 losses

Alabama's victories breakdown like this:
0 series wins over 10-win (or more) Auburn teams
2 series wins over 9-win Auburn teams (16.6%)
3 series wins over 8-win Auburn teams (25%)
6 series wins over Auburn teams with winning records (50%)
4 wins over Auburn teams with losing records (33%)
AVERAGE RECORD OF AUBURN TEAMS BAMA BEAT: 6.4 wins, 4.8 losses

We're 4-6 in that time against the best Bama teams of the era, you're 0-6 against the best Auburn teams. Sixty percent of our wins in the era came over Bama teams with 8 wins or more. Only 41 percent of yours come over 8-win or more Auburn teams.

If anyone takes advantage of the other team being down in this series, it's Bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BAMAPERRY

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 10:45:17 AM »
and yet, you have ONE SEC title since 1989. Tuberville has ONE SEC Title in 13 years as a HC in this league. Kinda proves my point, doesn't it? Tuberville just had his prime time to do something big. The window of opportunity is closed for him.  Poor boy!  :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 10:48:20 AM »
How has the window of opportunity closed?  I think we have as good a shot as anyone in 2008. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 10:51:10 AM »
How has the window of opportunity closed?  I think we have as good a shot as anyone in 2008. 
You failed to realize, Brad, that Saban is God.
He cannot lose to mere mortals such as Tuberville.
He put last season there to test our faith.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 11:11:40 AM »
and yet, you have ONE SEC title since 1989. Tuberville has ONE SEC Title in 13 years as a HC in this league. Kinda proves my point, doesn't it? Tuberville just had his prime time to do something big. The window of opportunity is closed for him.  Poor boy!  :fu:

So what does six wins in a row, or 9 wins vs. the tahd during the same period mean then?  Alabama must REALLLLLY SUCK!!!!!!  I think it's also clear which program has been going in the right direction BP.  It's also clear which school keeps their players on the field and graduating, not in the local news and police blotters.

Time for one of your pointless pants pissing statements that doesn't mean squatzilla here BP...  it's all you've got.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 11:12:33 AM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BAMAPERRY

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 11:33:17 AM »
So what does six wins in a row, or 9 wins vs. the tahd during the same period mean then?  Alabama must REALLLLLY SUCK!!!!!!  I think it's also clear which program has been going in the right direction BP.  It's also clear which school keeps their players on the field and graduating, not in the local news and police blotters.

Time for one of your pointless pants pissing statements that doesn't mean squatzilla here BP...  it's all you've got.

Yeah, February showed which direction Bama and Auburn are going in. Didn't Auburn have TEN non-qualifiers in their last class. You know, Tubervilles excuse for his recruiting stinking this year is because he wouldn't accept just any player (shot at Bama), the have to have "character". Didn't he sign TEN non-qualifiers last year?  :lol:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 11:37:42 AM »
Yeah, February showed which direction Bama and Auburn are going in. Didn't Auburn have TEN non-qualifiers in their last class. You know, Tubervilles excuse for his recruiting stinking this year is because he wouldn't accept just any player (shot at Bama), the have to have "character". Didn't he sign TEN non-qualifiers last year?  :lol:

Bama signs the same type, only they lack in the character department.  This proves nothing fucktard.

Way to only address a quarter of the post.  Nice going hippie.  Keep trying though, same old responses won't get you anywhere.

:pee:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 11:38:44 AM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »
I love the recruiting class mumbo jumbo, because that fucking matters one bit if your 5 star WR is picking up trash off of the Highway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 11:57:02 AM »
I love the recruiting class mumbo jumbo, because that fucking matters one bit if your 5 star WR is picking up trash off of the Highway.
Is that their new offseason conditioning program?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions