Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Special Season For Auburn?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Special Season For Auburn?
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2010, 01:19:46 PM »
I am talking about the first TD. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that was just Kodi running it up the middle.
It worked there, and it worked in the third quarter with the TD I was thinking of.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2010, 01:27:24 PM »
It worked there, and it worked in the third quarter with the TD I was thinking of.

It hasn't worked a lot more at other times against a good defense. It is simple physics. If you need 1 yard and you are going to run some sort of off tackle power with the QB, don't take out your 6'6" 250lbs QB and put in a 6'0" 195lbs QB...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2010, 01:33:24 PM »
Those folks that are defending Arkansas State, are straight up wearing Orange and Blue glasses. 

I am not saying this defense can't and won't improve, hell it might have been the scheming from the coaches, however giving up 26 points and 366 passing yards to them IMO is unacceptable and isn't going to cut it when we get to conference play.

As Snaggle and Sani said, this Thursday will be a better test. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »
Those folks that are defending Arkansas State, are straight up wearing Orange and Blue glasses. 

I am not saying this defense can't and won't improve, hell it might have been the scheming from the coaches, however giving up 26 points and 366 passing yards to them IMO is unacceptable and isn't going to cut it when we get to conference play.

This..wait, I already said this.  What he said I said.

As for the Mildcat, again, why bring in Kodi or anyone else to really do nothing more than stand and take a snap from exactly where Cam was just standing?  He has all the options at his disposal, run, throw, handoff, go full tard (Wait, that was last year)  I would much rather my regular QB be the one throwing the pass and I would certainly rather have 6'6" 250 going into the line (As WE said).

Anyone notice our backup tight end, who got in the game several times?  Brandon Mosely had on #84.  I thought that was a big S.O.B. coming in the game at TE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2010, 01:51:32 PM »
I watched every play and I wasn't that drunk...so this is my take and it is in the middle of sunshine pumper and jump off the ledge:

Arkansas State is a weak ass team. Auburn played Arkansas State like they were a weak ass team. In the first half, defensively, Auburn played EXTREMELY vanilla. Extremely. We didn't blitz and we played very soft in the secondary. We did that throughout the first half and up until Arkansas State score a TD to make it 35-24. After the Mario fumble, Auburn decided enough is enough and they started bringing pressure. Arkansas started that drive on about the 25 going in, and they finished that drive about 20 yards the wrong way. From that point on, they didn't get much else.

Now, I still think our defense isn't going to be great. But I don't think that the first half of the Arkansas State game is the reason for that. I just don't think we showed anything at all on defense. Our LB's are bad. Bynes is bad. Freeman is bad. And Bates will not wrap up to save his life. Our front 4 is good, not great, and our secondary has improved a ton since last year. Over all, we need Stevens back, and a few young LB's to step up, and I think we can be better defensively than we were last year.

We shall see...

^^This post^^

I watched Arky St score a TD b/c of that shit.  I was drinking, but I am pretty damn sure that I was sober enough to recognize Bates is #25.  It was in the 2nd and it was something like 2nd or 3rd and 10.  I think they were somewhere about 12 to 14 yards out.  Bates speared the RB with his shoulder and the dude bounced off of him and ran it in.  Should have been no more than a 2 yard gain if he would have wrapped up, but nope it was a TD and added 12 to 14 more yards to the total.  Troy Polamalu, Brian Urlacher, Rod Woodson, Ray Lewis, those guys can get away with just hitting someone (from time to time), but only b/c they are freaks of nature and are/were the best of the best.  A sophomore in SEC play should be wrapping up and not head hunting.  That will come in time.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2010, 01:53:40 PM »

Come on at the end of the year Arkansas State will be the best 4 win team in the country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2010, 01:56:56 PM »
Come on at the end of the year Arkansas State will be the best 4 win team in the country.

That was the best offense we will face this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2010, 02:17:58 PM »
That was the best offense we will face this year.

That may or may not wind up being true.  But, it was without a doubt the best one we've seen so far.  Whoa!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »
That may or may not wind up being true.  But, it was without a doubt the best one we've seen so far.  Whoa!!!
Unless it's not.  But it could be. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2010, 03:14:16 PM »
Unless it's not.  But it could be.
I'm Godfather, and I like to party
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2010, 03:21:59 PM »
I'm Godfather, and I like to party
Hi, my name is AWK, and I like to party.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »
Hi, my name is AWK, and I like to party.
NO

Nobody parties but me
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2010, 03:44:02 PM »
NO

Nobody parties but me
What the hell was that???

That escalated pretty quickly!

Did we do that???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2010, 03:56:33 PM »
This is the part I am concerned about.

300 + yards to THIS ^^ team in the air. We most definitely DO need to unfuck our pass D.

On the other hand, Run D was pretty good.

HUSH!  You'll get in trouble!  The run D didn't have to defend many plays.  Ark St. "ran" the ball via bubble screens. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »
If they continue to bring Kodi in for the mild cat on 2nd and 3rd and short...I am going to be fucking pissed. Hopefully they just did this to give Kodi a TD in a game that was going to be won soundly. If this is the game plan going forward, I may drink myself into a coma...

Why?  What's wrong with his performance in that role?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2010, 04:05:04 PM »
I think 11th...

We were 11th or 12th in every meaningful catagory of Def. in the SEC.  Since we play in the SEC, our national ranking means squat...our D sucked last year.  I was hoping for improvement...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »
Why?  What's wrong with his performance in that role?

I don't like bringing Kodi in for short yardage situations. There is really no point in it. Also, there is really no point in bringing him in for the wild cat at all. What is the point of bringing him in when they guy that plays QB full time is bigger, faster, a better passer, and a better runner?

Someone really fast a quick like Trovon Reed (apparently) is...fine. It switches the look up a bit. But not someone that has less skill, quickness, or speed than the original QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2010, 04:25:05 PM »
I don't like bringing Kodi in for short yardage situations. There is really no point in it. Also, there is really no point in bringing him in for the wild cat at all. What is the point of bringing him in when they guy that plays QB full time is bigger, faster, a better passer, and a better runner?

Someone really fast a quick like Trovon Reed (apparently) is...fine. It switches the look up a bit. But not someone that has less skill, quickness, or speed than the original QB.

You're like a little voice in my head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »

My response would be that I'd like to see Cam run as a change of pace this year, and have his threat to run be something DC's have to fear, but not rely on it.  I don't want him getting hurt running the ball.  Kodi does a good job at the wildcat, and though he's not the threat to throw like Cam...he is a threat to throw.  If one of the others that is faster than he can also complete a pass, then I'd be for that player running it.  I don't want some awkwad RB throw from the wildcat where the RB making the throw hasn't a clue where the ball is going.  I'm not that big on Kodi, but I don't really want Cam making a habit of banging it in the red zone.  Which, by the way, they did run the wildcat with Cam at least once that I recall.  Maybe twice. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2010, 04:36:12 PM »
Since he lines up in the shotgun 90%+ of the time with every conceivable set and guys going in motion like gnats, isn't he pretty much in some form of the Mildcat anyway?  I mean, the Mildcat has never been anything more than substituting for the QB.  The only difference is the new QB, which has always been Kodi, is going to run most of the time.  Occasionally, he'll pull up and throw a pass or he may hand it to the motion man flying by.  How is this different from our regular offense?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions