A kick in the Nutts

JR4AU

A kick in the Nutts
« on: August 31, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »
http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2010/08/31/masoli-denied-ole-miss-appeals/

« Words from JSU coach Jack Crowe
Masoli denied, Ole Miss appeals
Rod Walker
Posted on August 31, 2010in Uncategorized. View Comments This just in from a statement sent out by Ole Miss athletic department. Will be back with more following 4 p.m. press conference concerning this issue.

OXFORD, Miss. — Ole Miss appealed an NCAA waiver decision Tuesday that would restrict Jeremiah Masoli from playing football for the Rebels until 2011.

The Ole Miss appeal of the NCAA staff’s decision will now be reviewed by an NCAA subcommittee. A response could be expected as early as Friday but no later than one week

Go to twitter.com and follow rwalker1906 for more updates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: A kick in the Nutts
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 04:55:45 PM »
HAhahahahahahahahahahaahahahah!

:haha:

Fuck Nutt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »
Now that's gonna' leave a mark.  Just going by memory here but wasn't Masoli kicked off the Duck's squad? Was he suspended, kicked out of school or what?  I think that regardless, he's supposed to sit for a year.  Hell, if Nutt can sign 68 players in one class, certainly he can get an ineligible player to suit up and play QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 05:00:30 PM »
Now that's gonna' leave a mark.  Just going by memory here but wasn't Masoli kicked off the Duck's squad? Was he suspended, kicked out of school or what?  I think that regardless, he's supposed to sit for a year.  Hell, if Nutt can sign 68 players in one class, certainly he can get an ineligible player to suit up and play QB.

No, not regardless...but regardless, it appears he's not playing this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 05:20:44 PM »
I guess he won't be able to chase that lifeling dream of a forrestry degree
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 05:20:54 PM »
So this means that Raymond Cotton will have his time to shin.......wait, nevermind.  Who's the QB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 05:23:20 PM »
I guess he won't be able to chase that lifeling dream of a forrestry degree

He actually has a degree from Oregon.  He was to enroll in Parks and Recreation as a grad student at Ole Miss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 05:24:14 PM »
There going to be super shitty now :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 05:30:59 PM »
There going to be super shitty now :haha:

I'm thinkin' you're dead nuts on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 05:33:36 PM »
He actually has a degree from Oregon.  He was to enroll in Parks and Recreation as a grad student at Ole Miss.

Oh my bad, I knew he was in the masters program but I thought it was forrestry.  The only reason he chose parks and rec is because by NCAA rule he had to find a Masters degree program that is not offered at Oregon in order to transfer without having to sit out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 07:21:40 PM »
The NCAA says that this was an attempt to circumnavigate the spirit in which the rule was created.  I wouldn't be expecting Masoli on the sideline anytime soon. 
 :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 07:42:24 PM »
The NCAA says that this was an attempt to circumnavigate the spirit in which the rule was created.  I wouldn't be expecting Masoli on the sideline anytime soon. 
 :bar:
Well then, what is the spirit in which the rule was created? I'm guessing for like redshirt juniors or seniors who have already graduated, get a new coach who installs a system that eliminates their position? Colin Peek even had to sit out a year at Alabama when the TE position was eliminated from Georgia Tech's offense.

I will try to find the exact rule in play here. I mean, unless it flat out in black and white says one way or another, fuck all this "spirit of the rule" shit, until they change the rule officially. I'm guessing that it's not spelled out in black in white. I mean, Nutt is crazy as a shithouse rat sure, but I don't think he's stupid. I just don't think he would have put all his eggs in one basket on this kid if it was clear it would never get by the NCAA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 08:28:04 PM »
Well then, what is the spirit in which the rule was created? I'm guessing for like redshirt juniors or seniors who have already graduated, get a new coach who installs a system that eliminates their position? Colin Peek even had to sit out a year at Alabama when the TE position was eliminated from Georgia Tech's offense.

I will try to find the exact rule in play here. I mean, unless it flat out in black and white says one way or another, fuck all this "spirit of the rule" shit, until they change the rule officially. I'm guessing that it's not spelled out in black in white. I mean, Nutt is crazy as a shithouse rat sure, but I don't think he's stupid. I just don't think he would have put all his eggs in one basket on this kid if it was clear it would never get by the NCAA.

This could be NCAA payback for Nutt constantly flaunting the rules and allowing his brother on the sidelines and/or in the booth despite having his hand slapped about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 08:32:21 PM »
This could be NCAA payback for Nutt constantly flaunting the rules and allowing his brother on the sidelines and/or in the booth despite having his hand slapped about it.

I personally think this does have something to do with it. Add to that, you know they don't like the kid either so the NCAA had the opp to take out two birds and they did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 11:35:03 PM »

No worries here guys. RWS has to spout this bullshit so when Saban finds a loophole in some kind of new recruiting tactic, he can call him a fucking genius. He really doesn't believe this bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 11:51:46 PM »
The NCAA created this rule as a benefit for those players who graduate early and want to pursue a masters degree elsewhere. The kid graduated form something in Oregon. He decided to transfer to Old Mrs. Under the current rule, he did nothing wrong. I don;t like the kid or Nutt, but the NCAA cannot be such pompous assholes that they just change the rule as they see fit at any time. The kid was not thrown out of school and followed the rules, no matter what the intent. He should be eligible. I am totally sick of the NCAA and wish the SEC would align itself with a few more conferences and tell the NCAA to suck it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 12:18:05 AM »
The NCAA created this rule as a benefit for those players who graduate early and want to pursue a masters degree elsewhere. The kid graduated form something in Oregon. He decided to transfer to Old Mrs. Under the current rule, he did nothing wrong. I don;t like the kid or Nutt, but the NCAA cannot be such pompous assholes that they just change the rule as they see fit at any time. The kid was not thrown out of school and followed the rules, no matter what the intent. He should be eligible. I am totally sick of the NCAA and wish the SEC would align itself with a few more conferences and tell the NCAA to suck it.

Had he not been kicked off the oregon team he would not have transferred to Ole Miss.  Pretty sure the NCAA di not mean to givea kid a chance cicumvent a suspension.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 08:06:13 AM »
No worries here guys. RWS has to spout this bullshit so when Saban finds a loophole in some kind of new recruiting tactic, he can call him a fucking genius. He really doesn't believe this bullshit.
I know you're referring to the video conferencing. It says in black and white in the recruiting rule book that video conferencing is considered a phone call. It wasn't a loophole. It wasn't an act of genius. It was a matter of simply reading the rules. Very simple. For that matter, I wasn't one of the ones touting Saban as a genius for it. But I don't buy this whole "spirit of the rule" bullshit. Either it is, or it isn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 08:07:01 AM »
Had he not been kicked off the oregon team he would not have transferred to Ole Miss.  Pretty sure the NCAA di not mean to givea kid a chance cicumvent a suspension.
Unless it was an NCAA mandated suspension, it's none of their fucking business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 08:16:16 AM »
But I don't buy this whole "spirit of the rule" bullshit. Either it is, or it isn't.
This

Unless it was an NCAA mandated suspension, it's none of their fucking business.

and this. 

The NCAA has about as much business trying to mandate all this shit as Tiger Woods has keeping an eye on your woman for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."