Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Shifting Gears-from Rock to Soul

jmar

Shifting Gears-from Rock to Soul
« on: August 23, 2010, 12:18:06 AM »
I listen to almost everything I can and find little fault in any genre of music because it is an expression of our culture and our time here.  Being in Memphis so much during the week,  I get to hear some great soul music,  much of which I have never heard before.  Some of us remember the movie "The Commitments" and a few of us have heard some of the stuff of The Heavy these past couple of years.  And of course almost everyone has heard Joss Stone  (yowsah!)  The Brits,  seemingly always on the forefront of something new musically,  have taken soul and pumped new life into it in recent years by blending some funk, ska, and reggae into pure energy.  You have to hunt it down,  but it's out there,  and it rocks.  I only wish there was better audio in some of the videos that are out but it is better enjoyed as a live event unconstrained and impulsive as honest music should be.

ABBA Sucks!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Shifting Gears-from Rock to Soul
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:17:35 AM »
Joss Stone

There's a rumor that she fucks for song tracks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:24:48 AM »
There's a rumor that she fucks for song tracks.

:pics:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."