Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So....now Harry Reid doesn't like ObamaCare???

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
So....now Harry Reid doesn't like ObamaCare???
« on: August 16, 2010, 05:03:23 PM »
Dear Harry Reid,
   Yeah, I know you're a Senator and protocol calls for you to be addressed as Honorable, but some people don't deserve to be called Honorable...even if elected to high office....

I just read where you aren't such a big fan of the consequences of Obamacare. Much like the two-thirds or more of American citizens who didn't want you to pass it in the first place. Well, I guess you should have thought of the consequences when you and your pal Pelosi urged Congress to pass this pile of crap. Remember Pelosi's "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it"? Well, I guess you finally found what is in it....

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out of D.C.

Me (AUTiger1)

http://newledger.com/2010/08/harry-reid-reads-health-care-bill-decides-he-doesnt-like-it-any-more/

Harry Reid Reads Health Care Bill, Decides He Doesn’t Like It Any More
by Ben Domenech

John Graham of the Pacific Research Institute details a few fun facts in this video about HealthCare.gov, but the one that sticks out is this, a letter from Majority Leader Harry Reid to HHS Sec. Kathleen Sebelius sent on July 21st. The letter seems to indicate that Reid has finally read the health care bill, and after discovering it hurts Nevada hospitals more than it helps them, is complaining to the administration. You can read the full Reid letter here:

In a July 21 letter to U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Service Kathleen Sebelius, the Senate Majority Leader complains that ObamaCare’s cuts to Medicare will “result in a net reduction in payment to Nevada’s hospitals when they are unable to absorb such a cut.” Furthermore, he questions the method used by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to calculate the payments to hospitals, and is “very concerned about potential effects on beneficiary access if this regulation is finalized without adjustment.”

But that’s the entire point of the measure you worked so hard to pass, Sen. Reid! Roughly half of the estimated cost of Obamacare is, according to the Congressional Budget Office, paid for by making approximately $455 billion in cutbacks to payments to Medicare providers — read, hospitals and doctors. That’s what it means to control for cost through government mandates. Did you miss a meeting?

Incidents like this illustrate why this ludicrous bill, supported by well-intentioned fools whose inability to understand economics is only matched by their inability to understand human nature, is politically unsustainable. Already politicians like Reid are working to game the system, to exempt their states from the cutbacks made necessary by their own policy decisions, as they do with any government-run industry. Get ready — there’s no end in sight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: So....now Harry Reid doesn't like ObamaCare???
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 09:47:53 AM »
This is when it has officially gotten bad for Obama.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE