Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

iPad......

iPad......
« on: August 09, 2010, 09:34:18 PM »
Yeah....So I bought one today.  Pretty neat.  Should be easier to enjoy and surf on while on the road.  It's not going to replace my laptop, but I'm liking it so far.   Great alternative to a paper day planner.   Some fun games as well. 

What are some app, or game recommendations from some of you apple experts?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: iPad......
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »
Funny, I got one last week.  I haven't jail broken it yet, but with Desktop Connect (12 bucks), I can VPN into my laptop in St Louis.  Since my laptop is only used for word processing on this client, I don't need it.

Google earth is pretty sweet and it's free. Usatoday is another free app that I use every morning. I haven't tried the MLB at bat fornthe iPad since it's 15 bucks and the iPhone versions works just fine. If you read comics at all the marvel app has free downloads. If you have a collection of cbr files, try comic zeal. For avi playing cinexplayer is free, but i suspect apple will pull it soon.

Weather channel is free and much better than iPhone version. Abc player will let you watch ABc shows for free. I also check out http://freeappaday.com/ daily for any cool iPhone/iPad apps. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 11:41:41 PM »
This thing is pretty sweet.  Thanks for the advice Jarhead.   

Did you see the Cardinals and Reds fight?    :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:44:41 AM »

Did you see the Cardinals and Reds fight?    :vn:

Was wondering when this would come up....

Personally think Molina was being a little bitch and Phillips was spot on in his assessment of Carpenter the day before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »
This thing is pretty sweet.
You will be an iPhone user soon enough.

The iPhone4 is everything the iPad is and much more (except smaller).

You just got slipped a crack rock. Your first hit is free.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 12:51:45 PM »
Your first hit is free.
or somewhere between $500- $900
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:25:26 PM »
OK, I gotta ask......

IOf you travel with a laptop, what benefit does the feminine hygiene product you have provide that the laptop does not?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 01:39:38 PM »
OK, I gotta ask......

IOf you travel with a laptop, what benefit does the feminine hygiene product you have provide that the laptop does not?
It's not a laptop. It was marketed (inaccurately in my opinion) to be a laptop replacement, but it's not.

It's a tablet that is great for streaming media, browsing the internet, playing games, checking e-mail, etc. in a streamlined, easy to use format.

It's a big-assed iPhone.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:40:41 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »
It's not a laptop. It was marketed (inaccurately in my opinion) to be a laptop replacement, but it's not.

It's a tablet that is great for streaming media, browsing the internet, playing games, checking e-mail, etc. in a streamlined, easy to use format.

It's a big-assed iPhone.

Without the phone right?

So it's a thin laptop? 

I just don't get it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

chinook

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 03:28:35 PM »
iPad...to me (for now) is a novelty.  the latest and greatest thing to have if you got some extra greenbacks to spend.  hey...look at me...i've got an ipad.   no offense to anyone though.  however, this is something you'll eventually see as a way life whether an apple or dell.  it will have some practicality after the novelty is gone much like the first pc's and cars.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 05:09:11 PM »
Yeah....So I bought one today. 

Congrats.  The new territory must be paying well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 05:51:11 PM »
Congrats.  The new territory must be paying well.

Not bad.   :bar:

As for the travel benefits.   Less to carry and everything from my calendar to everything I really need is at the ready.  I don't do a lot of document generating on the road.  What little I do I can do on this thing.  I eliminated a data card line also with Verizon.   I can be online in the car, and going over certain lists and other daily documents is much easier than showing them on my phone. 

Lastly, my woman needed a new laptop, so now I just leave the nice one I bought in April at home, and I just use it for my more labor intensive office day at home.   I haven't had anything come up this week with work I couldn't accomplish on here.

As far as the iPhone, I still love my Incredible.  Not sure I'd switch on that deal.   Work wise, the iPad made sense for my particular set of circumstances.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 06:22:34 PM »
Not bad.   :bar:

As for the travel benefits.   Less to carry and everything from my calendar to everything I really need is at the ready.  I don't do a lot of document generating on the road.  What little I do I can do on this thing.  I eliminated a data card line also with Verizon.   I can be online in the car, and going over certain lists and other daily documents is much easier than showing them on my phone. 

Lastly, my woman needed a new laptop, so now I just leave the nice one I bought in April at home, and I just use it for my more labor intensive office day at home.   I haven't had anything come up this week with work I couldn't accomplish on here.

As far as the iPhone, I still love my Incredible.  Not sure I'd switch on that deal.   Work wise, the iPad made sense for my particular set of circumstances.     

with the calendar...are you using ical?  or 3rd party?  are you able to sync fine with your laptop's calendar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 06:29:31 PM »
with the calendar...are you using ical?  or 3rd party?  are you able to sync fine with your laptop's calendar?

I'm using "informant HD" from the app store.   I've been using and like using google calendar, and that syncs with the iPad, phone and laptop regardless of where I actually enter the appointment. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 06:07:27 PM »
Chop you will fall in love with your iPad all over again when software 4.0 (including multi-tasking etc) is released this september/october. That new software is awesome and it is very close to coming to the iPad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 06:34:06 PM »
Chop you will fall in love with your iPad all over again when software 4.0 (including multi-tasking etc) is released this september/october. That new software is awesome and it is very close to coming to the iPad.

There are a few additions I'm watching in OS 4.  Multi-tasking is one.  Also, the native Apple document programs will be able to export in office formats supposedly.   Pages already will for word, but Numbers will not export an Excel formatted document.   That will be a huge improvement for me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »
Listen Chop no one here cares about your womenly problems
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 10:06:31 PM »

But they all be up in here rapin' everybody!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 12:04:28 PM »

they will when he lights up their ass on the golf course. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions