Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Season Coaches Poll Released

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Pre-Season Coaches Poll Released
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 01:56:44 PM »
Like I said, I'm in the camp of waiting until some games are played to see where teams are. However, since you have the preseason polls, I think this one is pretty fair.  If not Alabama and OSU and Florida and UT etc...then who?
....which is why pre-season polls are useless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 01:59:47 PM »
I agree and disagree. For example, Alabama's 2009 team proved alot. If the entire team was coming back, or like 99% of it, then sure. But in our case, we're damn near replacing one entire side of the ball. Don't get me wrong, if they end up playing like last year, I'll be fucking ecstatic. But the chances are unlikely. Teams can change night and day from one year to the next, good or bad. Look at Alabama 2007, then look at 2008. It can happen that quickly one way or another.

Pre-season polls are good fodder to keep us occupied I suppose, but I don't see where you can put any actual stock in them. Which is where I suppose the "for whatever it's worth" comes into play.

The "for whatever it's worth" covered all that before you wrote it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 03:47:42 PM »
Preseason means everything  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 04:28:54 PM »
I agree on not having polls until at least the 3rd game. No one can really tell what a team is going to do. It's pretty much all eye candy and setting up for stories for the sports cast on your local channel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 09:23:32 PM »
BINGO!!!!  I'm hoping we can have a Pre-Preseason Poll, like towards the end of the year go ahead and rank 'em for next year.....Juniors leaving?  Whatever.  Head Coaches being fired/retire/leaving for another job?  Whatever.  Rank 'em as is.  Have some fuckin' balls and take a shot in the dark.  BTW, someone said that if Auburn were to go undefeated again this year that there's no way they'd play in the National Championship Game....eventhough four of the teams that they play are ranked higher in the preseason.  If Auburn can pull it off, which I don't see happening, then Auburn will be playing TCU or Boise State for the Crystal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 11:51:42 AM »
It's Bama, then there is Les, then defense gets sketchy.
Florida might get surprised once, but nothing has really changed in the east, even the USC predictions.
I think Tennessee has the most to overcome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 09:24:04 AM »

We sincerely disagree,

Signed,

The 2003 Auburn Tigers and the 2004 Auburn Tigers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 09:34:42 AM »
We sincerely disagree,

Signed,

The 2003 Auburn Tigers and the 2004 Auburn Tigers.

:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions