Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Andre Smith is Fat.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Andre Smith is Fat.
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 06:30:57 PM »
The picture you're painting is that the Bengals relied SOLELY on what Saban said. I mean, didn't even bother watching film on him. Didn't bother talking to him. Didn't bother watching any workouts. Didn't bother even Googling him. Nothing. They decided to invest millions upon millions of dollars on a guy based SOLELY on Saban's word that Smith is a workout warrior. Saban's word was the deciding factor in the Bengals drafting him. And they believed him SO much, that they put in specific weight goals in his contract. 
Who's painting this extreme? I only see you doing that.

Lewis made the statement that Saban didn't shoot him straight.

To those of us who don't kneel at the alter of Nick Almighty, it is obvious that this means that he was consulted on Smith's work ethic, and was sold a bill of goods.
It's kind of like buying a car. The salesman is going to tell me that this car is the best car manufactured. He's going to tell me why it's better than all of the other cars out there. If it's a 1980 Yugo, am I just going to take his word and only his word on it without looking into it a little further?
Yes. It's exactly like that. Saban = a dishonest used car salesman. Glad we're finally on the same page...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 07:14:45 PM »
He had a hard enough time at Alabama keeping his weight in check. The second he stops playing, he blows up like a fish on a pier. Then there is a mad dash to lose a shit ton of weight before the draft. Then he refuses to work out for the combine, which isn't always a negative thing; when you are somebody like Rolando McClain, or somebody else who is an obvious physical specimen. Then there is the whole Pro Day debacle. Once that is done, he blows back up. Then they sign him. Then his contract basically hinges on his weight.

It was noticeable to anybody who simply paid attention, that he has to have somebody holding his hand all the time to keep his weight in check, and that he will only lose it if he has to. Then he will go back into fatass mode. Nobody on this board can say that this is a surprising development. You should see what they're saying on BOL. Pretty much right along the same line. Nobody is shocked by this development, except the Cincinnati Bengals.

Why is that again?
That's what I don't understand....How the fuck didn't the Bengals see this coming?  Usually whenever I spend $30 Million on something, I'm gonna make sure that it fuckin' does what it's suppose to do...AT ALL TIMES!!!  I'm not going to throw down a penny on a Television that doesn't work at the store then expect it to work correctly when I get it home.  Again, how the fuck didn't the Bengals see this shit coming?  I hate SPuat with a fuckin' passion, but I loved watching Andre Smith maul the opposing DLinemen (except for Auburn's of course), but to watch him snow ball like he has been since after the SEC Championship Game, when he was told to leave, has been nothing but astonishing.

If Andre doesn't get someone around him, in his circle of friends, that has sense enough to set his fat ass straight and get him in shape, then he's going to be pushing Jamarcus Russell for Biggest Draft Busts in the History of the NFL.

Did the Bengals even talk to Andre?  Ask him any questions, like about his workout regimen or how he plans to keep his weight down once he joins a team?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 07:51:17 PM »
Before these guys are drafted, they go through this weird station to station interview type deal at the NFL combines. They are asked everything from what is their favorite workout regiment to have they ever wanted to walk backwards naked down the middle of the interstate. These NFL teams find shit out. They probably know more about the players than the players know about themselves. Didn't Andre Smith miss NFL combines and pretty much every other Pro day?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 08:27:55 PM »
I don't know what Saban said.

You could have stopped here.

You don't know.  We don't know.  But the Bengals' brass does know what Saban said...and they feel as though he lied to them.

End.
Of.
Fucking.
Story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 08:29:02 PM »
I am sure am I am not fat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 08:50:49 PM »
I am sure am I am not fat.
Looks like the blubber from your head got in the way of your thinking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
Looks like the blubber from your head got in the way of your thinking.

Yes it did. My wife was speaking to me in a harsh way and it threw me off. But what I was trying to say was I am glad my brain is not in a thin candy shell..wait I meant I am not fat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 10:50:46 PM »
Yes it did. My wife was speaking to me in a harsh way and it threw me off. But what I was trying to say was I am glad my brain is not in a thin candy shell..wait I meant I am not fat.
...Your brain is the one...with...candy...shell
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 09:15:21 AM »
Last night on ESPN they challenged Mike Greenberg (?) of Mike & Mike in the Morning to do the same 300 yard shuttle run that Albert Haynesworth and Cody Cheeseburger had to run.  

Marker cones and lines are placed 25 yards apart to indicate the sprint distance. Start with a foot on one line. When instructed by the timer, the player runs to the opposite 25-yard line, touches it with their foot, turns and run back to the start. This is repeated six times without stopping (covering 300 yards total) in 70 seconds. After a rest of 3.5 minutes, the test is repeated and must be completed in 73 seconds.

Greenberg - who is not a current player and is older and who has not been working out for this drill - completed the first one with 3 seconds to spare and did the second one exactly on the money.  He was sucking wind, but as mentioned, he just did this on a whim - no preparation.  He wasn't some guy getting paid a shitpot of money that was supposed to be at off season conditioning knowing he was expected to do this drill.

This tells me it does not have to be that hard if you had been conditioning even a tiny bit...

So... considering that work ethic is an intangible that cannot be measured at a combine when everyone is showing off on purpose... you have to rely on the coaches to report it.  Doesn't sound like bammer did that.

And if you ever watch Mike and Mike, you will know that Greenberg is notorious for NOT being an athlete and never has been. To the point where its a running joke, that hes a nerd and not athletic. You are correct - this is NOT that hard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 09:48:50 AM »

You don't know.  We don't know.  But the Bengals' brass does know what Saban said...and they feel as though he lied to them.

End.
Of.
Fucking.
Story.

:pwnd:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 11:18:26 AM »

End.
Of.
Fucking.
Story.
If he did lie to them, did they not have the fucking intelligence to figure that out? I mean, seriously, everybody who thought Andre would glide right through his pro career without any issues, raise your hand.

Didn't think so. And if we could figure it out, the Bengals could too. The second the guy stopped playing football, it was apparent he was going to have to be handled like a child. His weight gain/loss was like a roller coaster. He only lost weight when he had to so he could meet a goal. As soon as that goal had been reached, he blew back up. All of us on this board could see it. You're telling me, the Bengals, who were going to invest tens of millions of dollars in him just simply took the word of Saban? It's equal blame all around, imo. If Saban had walked up to me a few days before the draft and said Smith was a gym rat, I would laugh in his face. Everybody here would. Most of the Alabama fanbase would. His issues were obvious, and it would not be smart to try and lie about it; it was that obvious. So, I don't see why he would want to lie about it. The writing was all over the wall. I suppose we will never know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 11:23:45 AM »
You didn't stop right there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 11:40:58 AM »
If he did lie to them, did they not have the fucking intelligence to figure that out? I mean, seriously, everybody who thought Andre would glide right through his pro career without any issues, raise your hand.

Didn't think so. And if we could figure it out, the Bengals could too. The second the guy stopped playing football, it was apparent he was going to have to be handled like a child. His weight gain/loss was like a roller coaster. He only lost weight when he had to so he could meet a goal. As soon as that goal had been reached, he blew back up. All of us on this board could see it. You're telling me, the Bengals, who were going to invest tens of millions of dollars in him just simply took the word of Saban? It's equal blame all around, imo. If Saban had walked up to me a few days before the draft and said Smith was a gym rat, I would laugh in his face. Everybody here would. Most of the Alabama fanbase would. His issues were obvious, and it would not be smart to try and lie about it; it was that obvious. So, I don't see why he would want to lie about it. The writing was all over the wall. I suppose we will never know.

AGAIN...THE BENGALS didn't follow Andre's career from day one, and I seriously doubt they put any stock at all in what fans think or think they know.  The information they gather is largely through workouts, combines, and the coaches that coached him.  AGAIN, the Bengals (and any other NFL team) rely on such information BECAUSE, theya re not privy to the kids whole career like the local fans. 

If Saban had walked up to me a few days before the draft and said Smith was a gym rat, I would laugh in his face.

Horseshit, you'd have offered to suck his and Andre's dick on the spot just for giving you the REAL truth about Andre. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2010, 02:08:44 PM »

It is painfully obvious that you cannot be reasoned with, and will stick to your position, no matter how ridiculous it is has been pointed out to be.

EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID (AGAIN) IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

They may have seen that he's a fat fuck. They probably did have their suspicions that he was an amorphous pile of lard that may never get into the kind of shape they want. BECAUSE OF THIS, they asked Saban about his work ethic, to see if he would overcome these weight issues. Saban "didn't shoot him straight" according to Lewis himself. Yet you feel you know what was said more than Lewis does...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions