Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ouch...thats gonna sting.

Aubie16

Ouch...thats gonna sting.
« on: July 31, 2010, 01:40:18 PM »
A week old article so I probably missed it being posted...but wow. Wish someone in Alabama would write a piece like this.

If you were the NCAA, at which football program would you have the most investigators?

If I were king of the NCAA, I would not only saturate Alabama with investigators, I would set up a branch office in Tuscaloosa.

In Alabama, cheating is as much a part of the football lore as the houndstooth hat worn by Bear Bryant and that purty dress worn by Mike DuBose’s secretary.

Alabama has seen it all over the last 20 years. Shady loans. Athletes illicitly accepting cash payments from agents and boosters. Multiple probations. Postseason bans. Scholarship reductions. Lack of institutional control. You name it, the Crimson Tide has done it.

Welcome to Alabama, where the NCAA probations are nearly as prevalent as national championships. Actually, in the last decade, Alabama has recorded more NCAA probations (three) than it has national titles (one).

It should also be noted that the iconic Bear Bryant may not have ever been caught cheating himself, but he tutored some of college football’s biggest outlaws.. Charley Pell, Pat Dye, Danny Ford and Jackie Sherrill all were Bear disciples who went on to provide some of the most unique interpretations of the NCAA rulebook in the history of college football.

Roll Tide?

Alabama’s rallying cry should be, “We Lied!”

And maybe, too, Alabama should get rid of its elephant mascot and replace it with a pig.

What better animal to symbolize the dirtiest, stinkiest program in recent NCAA history.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/07/forget-southern-cal-alabama-is-ncaas-most-consistent-cheater.html
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 01:47:08 PM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Aubie16

Re: Ouch...thats gonna sting.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 01:56:01 PM »
Oops...found the original post on the 2nd page. Sorry for the repost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

chinook

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 01:57:13 PM »
And maybe, too, Alabama should get rid of its elephant mascot and replace it with a pig

woopiggies will have heads rolled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 03:48:08 PM »
woopiggies will have heads rolled.
What happened to skunks. I happen to have an affinity for pork bbq.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »
It's funny that a school can go on probation three times in one decade and not be hit with any further severe sanctions. 

Oh well.  As we all know, the hammer's a comin'.  Just wait until the media releases the info on Chargergate, Gradechangegate, and Juliogate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 05:11:27 PM »
It's funny that a school can go on probation three times in one decade and not be hit with any further severe sanctions. 

Oh well.  As we all know, the hammer's a comin'.  Just wait until the media releases the info on Chargergate, Gradechangegate, and Juliogate.
Prowler is positive that the packet has been delivered to the NCAA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 05:18:46 PM »

And the equally dubious "mamacruisinginabrandnewcaddygate"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 06:13:55 PM »
Prowler is positive that the packet has been delivered to the NCAA.
It has been.  BTW, I have some of the packet and I gotta tell ya, it's some shady ass shit that y'all have been doing.  I'll say this, SPuat has perfected the art of funneling money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »
It has been.  BTW, I have some of the packet and I gotta tell ya, it's some shady ass shit that y'all have been doing.  I'll say this, SPuat has perfected the art of funneling money.
I bet. Looks like they might blow the roof off of the whole Chargergate thing a year or two after Dre has graduated, huh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 10:42:14 PM »
And the equally dubious "mamacruisinginabrandnewcaddygate"
I thought you guys had decided that was Andre Smith's mom? Changing it up now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 11:11:23 PM »
I bet. Looks like they might blow the roof off of the whole Chargergate thing a year or two after Dre has graduated, huh?
The NCAA invented S....L....O....W
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 12:41:50 AM »
The NCAA invented S....L....O....W
Riiiiiight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 11:16:22 AM »
Riiiiiight.
Reggie Bush last played at USC in 2005.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2010, 11:38:53 AM »
Reggie Bush last played at USC in 2005.

USC has distanced themselves from Reggie Bush. Within the next month, they will be saying that he never attended nor played there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions