Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Luper: Dyer Will Play This Year

jmar

Re: Luper: Dyer Will Play This Year
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 01:36:39 AM »
I just dont see Fannin as an every down back. He has never fully taken the TB position by horns and made it all his. Outside of Tristan Davis, he has to be one of the more frustrating players to watch for a fan, in the regard that you know he has all the tools but just never really had that 100% shot due to circumstance, injury, slippery hands, whatever. It was painful to watch Davis spend 4 years at Auburn with very little to show as compared to what he probably could have done.
THIS
Fannin is an A-grade back in potential. Tate could take two successive loss of yards and you know he would fight his ass off and eventually deliver no matter how tough the opposing defense made it. McCalleb isn't a second option in this offense but I think there are plays better suited to his style over Mario, who is a very good receiver.

I do think Dyer will have to somewhat duplicate Ingram's freshman numbers and the kid is said to have good hands as well. I look for half of Tate's production on the ground by Fannin in addition to his receiving yards.The change of pace with McCalleb is only accentuated if Gus throws the ball to Dyer on many suspected run downs as opposed to lining up as the heir apparent and a target. I think some of that happened with Fannin early on with the old crew and had some lasting effects coupled with the shoulder injury.

Are we gonna be more entertained than last season? YES, and a mobile QB can only make this thing more lethal especially if he is making the correct reads and check downs and just isn't tucking it unnecessarily like a run first QB. Should keep the defense off the field a bit longer too.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 11:18:49 AM »
Should keep the defense off the field a bit longer too.   

Great point!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »
Dyers amount of plays will be determined by his ability to understand the blocking schemes and execute blocking.

Winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
Dyer is built like ex-Giant Joe Morris and is compared to Maurice Jones-Drew with his ever running motor and yards after contact. Here's to tree trunks and touchdowns Mr. Dyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions