Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts on Seeing Robert Plant

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
Thoughts on Seeing Robert Plant
« on: July 29, 2010, 01:25:58 AM »
I have to work tomorrow so I kept Beer Drinking to a Minimum, this could have skewed my observations.

He's 61 years old and can still sing.  He was spotted at Callaghans Irish Pub Last night, so he still likes to Drink. He was playing with his Band of Joy.  They are a great band.  This show was at Saenger Theatre which holds around 1600, so it's a small venue.  He played lots of stuff of the Allison Krauss album and new songs off his upcoming Fall Album.  I would classify this as 40 years worth of experiences put into one show. I was hoping for some more heavy Led Zeppelin but it wasn't there, off the head misty mountaintop, in the mood, tangerine, and Been a long time since I rock and rolled.  He played lots of gospel and blues type of music.  Overall it was a great show. Tickets were only 30 bucks, that's a deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Thoughts on Seeing Robert Plant
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 09:14:38 AM »
Yes, worth it. He's one of the top rock n roll vocalists ever , if not the best. Freddie Mercury fans may argue. And you are right, he can still sing. Roger Daltry proved at the Super Bowl that even the best vocalists most of the time lose it with age. I saw Chuck Negron (the former lead of Three Dog Night) Saturday and he can also surprisingly still hit the high notes which was a great surprise. 

I say go for it. I would if he were close by to me. I was stoked when all the Led Zep reunion rumors came out last year, but then they never amounted to anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 03:34:32 PM »
I have that Allison Krause album - he can sing any song, any genre - and do it well.

Sea of Love from The Honeydrippers is another great romantic in-the-mood kind of song.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 03:40:54 PM »
I have that Allison Krause album - he can sing any song, any genre - and do it well.

Sea of Love from The Honeydrippers is another great romantic in-the-mood kind of song.

You admit to listening to the Honeydrippers?

Kidding...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 03:47:12 PM »
You admit to listening to the Honeydrippers?

Kidding...
Somewhere Taylor is adding it to his list of "Get Lucky" songs... unless he has not yet regained consciousness.  He finished taking the Florida Bar yesterday and I imagine much post-celebration ensued.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 03:52:17 PM »
Somewhere Taylor is adding it to his list of "Get Lucky" songs... unless he has not yet regained consciousness.  He finished taking the Florida Bar yesterday and I imagine much post-celebration ensued.

They are fun to joke about, but I dont think they were as bad as people bad them out to be. The man can sing, no doubt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 04:01:31 PM »
They are fun to joke about, but I dont think they were as bad as people bad them out to be. The man can sing, no doubt.
I only like that one song... mainly because he was in the video... and it was awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 04:19:21 PM »
I only like that one song... mainly because he was in the video... and it was awesome.

It must be the permed hair....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE