Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fox Sports South Interview with Malzahn

jmar

Re: Fox Sports South Interview with Malzahn
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 12:01:12 PM »

Just looking forward to being the wrecking crew that crushes their ivory tower.
Check! Take out the trash, mow the lawn, demolish bell tower.

More concerned with that Georgia bunch. They might improve beyond Arky even. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 12:23:37 PM »

More concerned with that Georgia bunch. They might improve beyond Arky even. 

They've got talent, but Mark Richt will invariably find a way to squander it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 12:32:03 PM »

Richt and Miles seem to be riding in the same boat these days. I want to beat the poop otta both their teams just because of what they have been doin to us the last several yrs. This year though, I personally have more concern with Ar-Kansas.

I too will enjoy the might tower crashing to the earth this November.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »

So you're not worried about Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, or LSU.

Are you predicting 14-0 with a national championship trophy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 02:37:05 PM »

Don't take but one bad season to be accused of being a talent squanderer in this league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 02:41:16 PM »
So you're not worried about Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, or LSU.

Are you predicting 14-0 with a national championship trophy?

No, that oddly-shaped ball bounces funny ways sometimes.  But thanks for trying to insert words in my mouth.  Nothing but tit, pussy, food and booze go in there.

What I am saying is that there isn't a team on our schedule that I think will run Auburn off the field.

LSU - Coaching issues...Jefferson isn't the future at QB, he's wrecked Lee's confidence and the playmakers aren't what they once were in the bayou.

Ole Miss - Nutt is a bigger buffoon than Lester and his talent is waaaaaaaaaaay down.  This will be a shit-stomping.

UGA - Big question mark at QB.  Like I said earlier, lots of talent there, but UGA shouldn't make anyone in the top half of the conference shake in their boots.

Bama - Solid team, not scary in any phase of the game.  As short-handed as Auburn was at the end of last year, we had them reeling and the game was within reach.  We won't come up short this year.

Don't take but one bad season to be accused of being a talent squanderer in this league.

It's not one season...it's been his entire tenure at UGA.  They get loads of talent....and how many NCs or SECCs do they claim during Marky's stint in Athens?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:42:52 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »

It's not one season...it's been his entire tenure at UGA.  They get loads of talent....and how many NCs or SECCs do they claim during Marky's stint in Athens?

You're smart Wes. You know what he was fishing for on this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 02:57:48 PM »
You're smart Wes. You know what he was fishing for on this one.

Ha....actually I glossed right over that.

Got the stinkbait out, JR?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 02:59:21 PM »

Going in to 2010, among active coaches, he's #11 in winning percentage...ahead of him are Chris Peterson (Boise St.) and Brian Kelley (Cincinnati, now ND), one not a BCS school, the other in a weak sister BCS Conference, and Pete Carroll who has moved on.  Then factor in that ahead of him are also Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, and Les Miles, all in the SEC...and he has a .769 winning percentage, has won 2 SEC Titles (sorry, I'm not a bammer, that still has meaning to most of us), and won the SECE 4 times, and has won 10+ games 6 out of 9 seasons.  ONLY thing missing from a very solid 9 year run is an NC.  But he had a bad year last year, and got bit by the Injury bug in 2008, and "only went 10-3" when he was preseason #1.  

I admit, I view coaches, and coaches success, differently from most, and look at it more like a coach would, and more from the big picture, not last season.  Richt is a damn fine coach by most any standards, or at least by mine.   I think one needs to factor in that during much of that run, he's had to play the eventual national champion in LSU, FL, or Bama at least 3 times, and maybe all 5 ...not sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 03:14:18 PM »
Going in to 2010, among active coaches, he's #11 in winning percentage...ahead of him are Chris Peterson (Boise St.) and Brian Kelley (Cincinnati, now ND), one not a BCS school, the other in a weak sister BCS Conference, and Pete Carroll who has moved on.  Then factor in that ahead of him are also Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, and Les Miles, all in the SEC...and he has a .769 winning percentage, has won 2 SEC Titles (sorry, I'm not a bammer, that still has meaning to most of us), and won the SECE 4 times, and has won 10+ games 6 out of 9 seasons.  ONLY thing missing from a very solid 9 year run is an NC.  But he had a bad year last year, and got bit by the Injury bug in 2008, and "only went 10-3" when he was preseason #1.  

Good stats, but I contend that he's been playing in a two team division most of this decade.  He can't get over the hump and his offense is the death knell for most RB recruits they get.

I admit, I view coaches, and coaches success, differently from most, and look at it more like a coach would, and more from the big picture, not last season.  Richt is a damn fine coach by most any standards, or at least by mine.   I think one needs to factor in that during much of that run, he's had to play the eventual national champion in LSU, FL, or Bama at least 3 times, and maybe all 5 ...not sure.

Well, boo hoo for Marky...he has to play in the SEC....just like the rest of us. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 03:19:16 PM »
Good stats, but I contend that he's been playing in a two team division most of this decade.  He can't get over the hump and his offense is the death knell for most RB recruits they get.

Well, boo hoo for Marky...he has to play in the SEC....just like the rest of us. 

So he sucks because he hasn't won an NC?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 03:33:45 PM »
So he sucks because he hasn't won an NC?

Point out where I said that.

I'm simply saying that the impression I get is that he gets mountains of high-star recruits...and continues to underachieve (relative to the potential of his players) in the easier of the two SEC divisions.  He's padding his stats playing UK, Vandy, USCe and a recently washed out UT program.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 03:39:25 PM »
Point out where I said that.

I'm simply saying that the impression I get is that he gets mountains of high-star recruits...and continues to underachieve (relative to the potential of his players) in the easier of the two SEC divisions.  He's padding his stats playing UK, Vandy, USCe and a recently washed out UT program.

You didn't say that.  I was using a tired old innerweb tactic of assigning meaning to your posts.   

I guess the underacheiving part is a matter of opinion, and I can see where one might say that.  I look at his body of work, and think he's pretty damn good.  I'd take his 9 year run for Auburn. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 03:40:43 PM »
Ha....actually I glossed right over that.

Got the stinkbait out, JR?

For the record, I agree with JR here - in the regard that Richt is a good coach. I think what tarnishes his legacy if anything does, is the fact that he has National Championship talent year in and year out and nothing to show for it but a couple of SEC titles. Between 2001 and 2005, it was there for the taking. Fla and Bama were not the juggernauts they are now. Auburn had the one excellent year in 2004. LSU and Tenn were good but beatable. I think Richt had his window and he had the talent at that time and just could not "finish the drill" as he likes to say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2010, 03:46:13 PM »
You didn't say that.  I was using a tired old innerweb tactic of assigning meaning to your posts.  

It's my favorite game on Al's (assuming he doesn't lose teh webz to Tipper in the D-vorce) invention.

I guess the underacheiving part is a matter of opinion, and I can see where one might say that.  I look at his body of work, and think he's pretty damn good.  I'd take his 9 year run for Auburn.  

Well, we had his analogue for a decade.  Tubs gave similar results in a much more difficult division...without all the as many super-star recruits.

For the record, I agree with JR here - in the regard that Richt is a good coach. I think what tarnishes his legacy if anything does, is the fact that he has National Championship talent year in and year out and nothing to show for it but a couple of SEC titles. Between 2001 and 2005, it was there for the taking. Fla and Bama were not the juggernauts they are now. Auburn had the one excellent year in 2004. LSU and Tenn were good but beatable. I think Richt had his window and he had the talent at that time and just could not "finish the drill" as he likes to say.

This guy gets it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:47:37 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 03:56:28 PM »

I agree with you too, for the most part.  I tend to think that an NC is very hard to come by,  not only in terms of winning the games needed, but some luck too, and you can't judge a coach on that, at least not on that alone.  After all, Tubs did all that could be done in 2004, and STILL is sans an NC.  And Larry Coker has one...as does Les Miles.  So...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 03:59:41 PM »
Like Bucky phukin' Dent, we let Joe Cox beat us.
4 in a row.
I don't care if its Curley Hallman. This is a Georgia team that AU should have at least split with in that span.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2010, 04:26:56 PM »
I have no doubt that Richts seat would have been scorched beyond recognition had he not pulled out a certain game against Florida a couple of years back.  They were coming off a year with some embarrassing L's to teams they would normally handle and the Gaytors were pretty much owning the Dawgs.  IMO, that was almost on par with Tubby's 03' Iron Bowl victory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 10:19:53 PM »
I have no doubt that Richts seat would have been scorched beyond recognition had he not pulled out a certain game against Florida a couple of years back.  They were coming off a year with some embarrassing L's to teams they would normally handle and the Gaytors were pretty much owning the Dawgs.  IMO, that was almost on par with Tubby's 03' Iron Bowl victory.

was their a plane involved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 10:35:24 PM »
And many of the teams Richt had from 02-05 got by on a TON of luck and weird play. David Greene and David Pollack had friggin angels on their shoulders and shamrocks in their ass cracks I swear. Every bounce seemed to go their way and I saw some of the strangest plays happen to allow the dawgs to win games in that span.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE