6. Cam Newton (AU)
7. Nathan Stanley (OM)
8. Aaron Murray (UGA)
9. Mike Hartline (UK)
10. Larry Smith (VU)
11. Chris Relf (MSU)
12. Matt Simms (TN)

http://cfn.scout.com/2/973060.html

The "logic" behind the picks is given if you follow the links.  I don't believe that anyone without a start in the SEC should be placed above a player with a start.  So, my list would look like this:

1. Mallet
2. Garcia
3. McElroy
4. Hartline
5. Relf
6. Jefferson
7. Smith
8-12...the new guys in any order you like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

Re: CFN's SEC QB Rankings
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »
1. Ryan Mallet (UA)
2. John Brantley (UF)
3. Stephen Garcia (USC)
4. Greg McElroy (UAT)
5. Jordan Jefferson (LSU)
6. Cam Newton (AU)
7. Nathan Stanley (OM)
8. Aaron Murray (UGA)
9. Mike Hartline (UK)
10. Larry Smith (VU)
11. Chris Relf (MSU)
12. Matt Simms (TN)

http://cfn.scout.com/2/973060.html

The "logic" behind the picks is given if you follow the links.  I don't believe that anyone without a start in the SEC should be placed above a player with a start.  So, my list would look like this:

1. Mallet
2. Garcia
3. McElroy
4. Hartline
5. Relf
6. Jefferson
7. Smith
8-12...the new guys in any order you like.

Agree with your take on ranking unprovens. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 01:39:36 PM »
Freekishly tall Mallet cat sees for milz and milz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 01:45:48 PM »

*chortle*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »
When he isn't on his ass on the turf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 01:54:43 PM »
When he isn't on his ass on the turf.

I can see how you'd come up with that since Ark. gave up 24 sacks in 13 games last year, compared to UAT giving up 20 in 14 games...or a grand total of less than half a sack a game difference.  You never miss a chance to make a worthless post do you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 01:56:34 PM »
And for the record...although it pains me to say this...but why McElroy isn't AT LEAST #2 is beyond me. That kid single handedly beat Auburn, Florida and played damn good against UT. In my opinion, he would be my #1. Of all the kids listed, how would you not pick that guy first? Sure, there are more kids there with higher upside, but McElroy just doesn't fuck up. If he fucks up...just one little tiny time...against Auburn, Alabama doesn't win the BCS. That kid is solid, and honestly, with the way he played to end the season, it scares the shit out of me how good Alabama can be with him managing the team at QB...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 01:59:47 PM »
And for the record...although it pains me to say this...but why McElroy isn't AT LEAST #2 is beyond me. That kid single handedly beat Auburn, Florida and played damn good against UT. In my opinion, he would be my #1. Of all the kids listed, how would you not pick that guy first? Sure, there are more kids there with higher upside, but McElroy just doesn't fuck up. If he fucks up...just one little tiny time...against Auburn, Alabama doesn't win the BCS. That kid is solid, and honestly, with the way he played to end the season, it scares the shit out of me how good Alabama can be with him managing the team at QB...

You're right about McElroy, but I think these lists, whether stated or not, always consider the player's "next level ability".  McElroy isn't going to turn any NFL scout's heads, but he's a damned fine QB that playes flawlessly within the system he's in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 02:04:52 PM »
You're right about McElroy, but I think these lists, whether stated or not, always consider the player's "next level ability".  McElroy isn't going to turn any NFL scout's heads, but he's a damned fine QB that playes flawlessly within the system he's in.

I agree. But the list says best COLLEGE QB. If you were the coach of a college team, of these guys, who would you pick first?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »
I can see how you'd come up with that since Ark. gave up 24 sacks in 13 games last year, compared to UAT giving up 20 in 14 games...or a grand total of less than half a sack a game difference.  You never miss a chance to make a worthless post do you?
I'm guessing you didn't notice all of the knock-downs and whatnot during the game. Being an Alabama fan, talking about an Arkansas QB, that's why I said that. Especially since we pretty much beat their asses here lately.

You never miss a chance to try and be a know-it-all and make a jackass out of yourself in the process, do you?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:11:12 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 02:13:53 PM »
I'm guessing you didn't notice all of the knock-downs and whatnot during the game. Being an Alabama fan that's never been to an Alabama Football Game and that lives on an Auburn forum, talking about an Arkansas QB, that's why I said that.

I never miss a chance to try and be a know-nothing and make a jackass out of myself in the process, do you?

FTFY.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 02:17:03 PM »
FTFY.  
Exactly. You made yourself out to be a jackass, so now you need to try to recover with your "You've never been to a game!" card. I've never been to an Alabama game. I know. Apparently you care about this way more than I do.

Well played.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:19:15 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 02:21:24 PM »
Exactly. You made yourself out to be a jackass, so now you need to try to recover with your "You've never been to a game!" card. I've never been to an Alabama game. I know. Apparently you care about this way more than I do.

Well played.

Have you ever been to a game?  Ever given money to the university, or football program?  Ever supported the program in any way?  Do you have an account to post on a bammer football/sports forum? 

Your last statement speaks volumes! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »
The hell with it! Cameron Newton for Heisman!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »
Have you ever been to a game?  Ever given money to the university, or football program?  Ever supported the program in any way?  Do you have an account to post on a bammer football/sports forum? 

Your last statement speaks volumes! 
No.

Yes. Years ago, I used to donate.

Answered above. You basically asked the same question twice, only in two different forms.

Yes, multiple boards. I have a subscription to BOL as well.

Anything else I can help you with?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 02:43:53 PM »

Highly doubtful. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 03:34:28 PM »

Sure. Could you fall with the sharp edge up every now and then? We all need a good laugh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 03:39:45 PM »
I'm guessing you didn't notice all of the knock-downs and whatnot during the game. Being an Alabama fan, talking about an Arkansas QB, that's why I said that. Especially since we pretty much beat their asses here lately.

You never miss a chance to try and be a know-it-all and make a jackass out of yourself in the process, do you?

We've been down a couple years, and 'bama's gotten the best of us lately.  RWS likes to crow and that's OK, like most bama fans he has no concept of winning with class. The thing I don't understand is the way 'bama talks, you would think that they've just totally dominated the hogs.  They've won the last three, but before that we were ahead in the series going back to us joining the SEC.  Nothing like going 10 and 8 on a team to make you pound your chest, and that doesn't even count the game you had forfeit (with more probably coming) for cheating.
   Personally, my favorite game was going to Bryant-Denny in '03 and watching the Hogs come back to silence the crowd.  Funny, I didn't hear that stupid Ram yer slam yer cheer that day.  I'll look thru my pictures, see if I still have some from that trip.  I'll send you a couple so you know what the stadium looks like.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:44:41 PM by Hogwally »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 03:47:58 PM »
    We've been down a couple years, and 'bama's gotten the best of us lately.  RWS likes to crow and that's OK, like most bama fans he has no concept of winning with class. The thing I don't understand is the way 'bama talks, you would think that they've just totally dominated the hogs.  They've won the last three, but before that we were ahead in the series going back to us joining the SEC.  Nothing like going 10 and 8 on a team to make you pound your chest, and that doesn't even count the game you had forfeit (with more probably coming) for cheating.
   Personally, my favorite game was going to Bryant-Denny in '03 and watching the Hogs come back to silence the crowd.  Funny, I didn't hear that stupid Ram yer slam yer cheer that day.  I'll look thru my pictures, see if I still have some from that trip.  I'll send you a couple so you know what the stadium looks like.

Bammers live in the reality that best suits them, whether it's yesteday, today, or in the future.  They currently have today to live in...it won't last forever, unlike their lack of class and humility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 04:49:35 PM »
I agree, on McElroy he's a championship Qb, he should at least be #2 and more than likely #1. Garcia being so high doesn't bother if were talking about a frat party but this is D-1 football!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 04:52:48 PM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.