Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The alpha-Male...

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The alpha-Male...
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2010, 03:33:12 PM »
Here's an example though.  I recently lost a robbery prosecution.  Victim ID'd the suspect, and a second guy had seen and spoken to the suspect as well.  The victim was a technician working on the cable of a local attorney's office.  The the suspect had cased them, and actually walked through the ally and spoken to them.  After the attorney went in, and the technician started the crawl under the house, the suspect came back and tapped the technician on the shoulder and pointed a gun in his face.  He ran off after robbing him.  Several days later, the attorney, in court, IDs the guy as the man who'd been in the ally the day his cable guy was robbed... the suspect is one of the guys brought in from the jail to court .  The suspect was in jail on another unrelated robbery charge.  The jury didn't think eyewitness ID was reliable...one of them said that maybe he just thought it was the same guy that had spoken to them earlier because he was fixated on the gun and not the robber's face, and since the lawyer had not actually seen the robbery itself, his testimony was disregarded... NOT GUILTY!  About as good a robbery case as can be had short of video.  Should my office, or I personally be held "accountable" for "losing" such a case, because the jury simply wouldn't convict?

Here again. If the victim could have shot the POS after he turned to run, the said POS would not have caused any issues at all. But then YOU, JR4AU, would be prosecuting the victim instead of the POS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »
Here again. If the victim could have shot the POS after he turned to run, the said POS would not have caused any issues at all. But then YOU, JR4AU, would be prosecuting the victim instead of the POS.

I don't know about you, but when I crawl under my house to run speaker wire, cable and cat5 cable, I usually don't pack heat.  You know, dust and dirt tends to affect the action of a firearm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2010, 09:54:59 AM »
I don't know about you, but when I crawl under my house to run speaker wire, cable and cat5 cable, I usually don't pack heat.  You know, dust and dirt tends to affect the action of a firearm.

Depends on the firearm. A good revolver will still rotate and fire even after being in the mud. Priorities man, Priorities....

I'm partial to the JUDGE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2010, 09:56:31 AM »
I didn't think we were talking about criminal cases.  The most obvious differences being presumption of innosence and beyond a reasonable doubt.  The standards are different, as you know.

It's more an example of how juries think and work.  The system is inexact.  Good cases with solid legal merit an issues are not assured victory. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2010, 09:57:52 AM »
Oh. I almost forgot...........

What do you get when you cross a lawyer with a demon from hell?
Another lawyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2010, 10:03:19 AM »

You know, I don't think you're as stupid as you come across.  Could just be you've abandoned any serious discussion here, and like to use absurd bullshit to provoke.  I KNOW you're not nearly as tough as you like to talk, nor is talk of shooting people in the back even tough at all.  And you don't know what I'd do.  I do know this, that if you think you're a man, and that it should be "right", "OK", "ethical", "legal", or "moral" to shoot people...criminals...in the back as they flee...then you and I will never agree on much.  You want to carry a gun, and protect yourself from harm, it's your right.  I do.  When the threat is no longer, and I'm still standing, I have no right to use deadly force except in extreme circumstances where the escape of the subject presents a REAL, and IMMINENT threat to another, or the public at large.  You want to shoot people in the back as they flee?  You're a pathetic coward.  I hope you're just popping off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2010, 10:07:15 AM »
I'm partial to the JUDGE. 

That will likely be my next firearm purchase.  I need to have it.  I purchased the TCP a couple of months ago.  It's GREAT for concealed carry.  You can hide it just about anywhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

JR4AU

« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
That will likely be my next firearm purchase.  I need to have it.  I purchased the TCP a couple of months ago.  It's GREAT for concealed carry.  You can hide it just about anywhere.

All personal defense can be handled with a 1911 .45 ACP.  In home security can be handled with a good pump 12ga. shotgun or 1911.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2010, 10:21:41 AM »
In home security can be handled with a good pump 12ga. shotgun or 1911.

I got ACOM. And if they get past that- Ive got that pump waiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2010, 10:24:19 AM »
You know, I don't think you're as stupid as you come across.  Could just be you've abandoned any serious discussion here, and like to use absurd bullshit to provoke.  I KNOW you're not nearly as tough as you like to talk, nor is talk of shooting people in the back even tough at all.  And you don't know what I'd do.  I do know this, that if you think you're a man, and that it should be "right", "OK", "ethical", "legal", or "moral" to shoot people...criminals...in the back as they flee...then you and I will never agree on much.  You want to carry a gun, and protect yourself from harm, it's your right.  I do.  When the threat is no longer, and I'm still standing, I have no right to use deadly force except in extreme circumstances where the escape of the subject presents a REAL, and IMMINENT threat to another, or the public at large.  You want to shoot people in the back as they flee?  You're a pathetic coward.  I hope you're just popping off.

When and individual decides to rob, attack, or threaten bodily harm on another, he is publicly stating that he is willing to kill for whatever it is that he wants. Because he decided to spare me and walk off, I am supposed to forgive his assault on my life? I am supposed to allow him to leave and do that to another person? A lawyer would I guess, since lawyers and dims try to figure out the law before they act. I guess I should have said that the criminal should have been confronted before he got away. IF we afforded the criminal the same respect they give victims, we might not have as many criminals. Or the criminals would just now be former upstanding citizens that were put in jail by courageous lawyers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2010, 10:24:31 AM »
If you're going to carry that judge thing...use the .410 shot shell....45 Colt ammo isn't all that swuft.  They can't load it at the factory to it's real potential because of all the old revolvers out there.  If you load your own stuff, then the .45 Colt aint a bad choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2010, 10:27:12 AM »

How do you find ammo?

A JUDGE with the new .410 ammo is about as good as any shotgun due to the ease of concealment. That pump .12 is hard to hide on your hip or under your pillow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2010, 10:28:39 AM »
When and individual decides to rob, attack, or threaten bodily harm on another, he is publicly stating that he is willing to kill for whatever it is that he wants. Because he decided to spare me and walk off, I am supposed to forgive his assault on my life? I am supposed to allow him to leave and do that to another person? A lawyer would I guess, since lawyers and dims try to figure out the law before they act. I guess I should have said that the criminal should have been confronted before he got away. IF we afforded the criminal the same respect they give victims, we might not have as many criminals. Or the criminals would just now be former upstanding citizens that were put in jail by courageous lawyers.

I don't care if you forgive it or not, legally you can't use deadly force AFTER the threat is over.  Certain exceptions apply.  And in certain states, you can use deadly force to protect property.  Again, you love popping off about lawyers.  Did you catch your wife or girlfriend with one, and does she still scream his name at inappropriate times?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2010, 10:30:29 AM »
That pump .12 is hard to hide on your hip or under your pillow.

It ain't alone. Its got friends. Its just the first gun I ever bought and my favorite... and packs a WALLOP. I want to make sure the bastard falls to the ground and doesn't get up until the coroner gets there to haul him off.  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:31:52 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2010, 10:32:18 AM »
All personal defense can be handled with a 1911 .45 ACP. 

Yeah sure, as long as you can carry a sidearm everywhere you go without raising concern or causing a disturbance.  Some of us have to go with concealed weapons. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2010, 10:34:42 AM »
It ain't alone. Its got friends. Its just the first gun I ever bought and my favorite... and packs a WALLOP. I want to make sure the bastard falls to the ground and doesn't get up until the coroner gets there to haul him off.  

I have to keep the kids on mind. It's hard to secure that .12. I have a gun vault under my side of the bed that I can take the smaller weapon in and out of. As the kids get older, they understand and are not intrigued by the guns as they are allowed to shoot whenever they want, with supervision. But it's the visiting children that we have to protect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2010, 10:36:21 AM »
I don't care if you forgive it or not, legally you can't use deadly force AFTER the threat is over.  Certain exceptions apply.  And in certain states, you can use deadly force to protect property.  Again, you love popping off about lawyers.  Did you catch your wife or girlfriend with one, and does she still scream his name at inappropriate times?  

I would say its mostly divorce lawyers that are scum. But how do you determine the type of slime is divorce only slime?

I did have a girlfriend once that left me for a lawyer with more money (not sure if divorce) but eventually she came back once a week for personal satisfaction. We both got what we wanted and it didn't cost me a dime, so that was fine. Come to think of it, he did have a nice expensive shiny car. It was big too. The car.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:40:52 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2010, 10:39:18 AM »

Yeah sure, as long as you can carry a sidearm everywhere you go without raising concern or causing a disturbance.  Some of us have to go with concealed weapons. 

Those who don't carry them don't know, and for some reason assume otherwise...the 1911 is one of the most concealable pistols there is, outside of those little useless pocket derringers.  They've very thin...thinner than a S&W .38Spcl.  They can be carried neatly merely tucked in a wasteband, and they make a miriad of holsters to choose from for them.  A Colt Lightweight Commander is the absolute shit in personal concealed carry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2010, 10:41:10 AM »
I would say its mostly divorce lawyers that are scum. But how do you determine the type of slime is divorce only slime?

I did have a girlfriend once that left me for a lawyer with more money (not sure if divorce) but eventually she came back once a week for personal satisfaction. We both go what we wanted and it didn't cast me a dome, so that was fine. Come to think of it, he did have a nice expensive shiny car. It was big too. The car.

Ah, now we're getting a clearer picture. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »
Those who don't carry them don't know, and for some reason assume otherwise...the 1911 is one of the most concealable pistols there is, outside of those little useless pocket derringers.  They've very thin...thinner than a S&W .38Spcl.  They can be carried neatly merely tucked in a wasteband, and they make a miriad of holsters to choose from for them.  A Colt Lightweight Commander is the absolute shit in personal concealed carry.

Since you qualified it with "lightweight". Otherwise, a regular 1911 is fun to shoot, but a little on the heavy side fully loaded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions