Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anyone See Conan Last Night....

Anyone See Conan Last Night....
« on: January 12, 2010, 09:22:12 AM »
Guess I missed where it became official, but evidently he's out at 1030, and they're bringing Jay Leno back in....

Ouch.

He was railing and you could tell, his comedy was very on edge of really trashing NBC.  I don't blame him, but I think Leno was FAR better for THAT particular spot.  I always felt that Conan would be a little too edgy for the Carson/ Leno type crowd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Anyone See Conan Last Night....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »
That show has sucked loosened sphincter muscle since Carson left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 11:16:45 AM »
That show has sucked loosened sphincter muscle since Carson left.

Just "that show"?  I think you mean that all of them suck! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
I would not watch Leno OR Conan if you superglued my eyelids open.  They both suck.  And Letterman has not been funny since he got fucked out of Carson's job.  He turned bitter and nasty.  I prefer to read at bedtime now.  Carson was awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »
Craig Ferguson is the only late-night guy that I'll occasionally watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 11:51:14 AM »
Craig Ferguson is the only late-night guy that I'll occasionally watch.

Seriously?  You openly admit that???  He's just another talentless hack...  Hires the same washed-out writers...  Tells the same calibre lame-assed jokes...  Not funny...  Puts me right to sleep... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 11:58:10 AM »
I will watch the Adult Swim lineup before I'll watch any of those no talent ass clowns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 12:18:38 PM »
I have to admit to watching George Lopez a few times....I gotta support my people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 12:29:20 PM »
I have to admit to watching George Lopez a few times....I gotta support my people.
Funny.

Adult Swim all the way
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 01:20:53 PM »
I will watch the Adult Swim lineup before I'll watch any of those no talent ass clowns.

This man knows!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 01:25:23 PM »
Since Conan took over his show has sucked. I think Kimmel is the funniest of the bunch and that isnt saying much.

What does suck though is that apparently Conan said thats fine, you breached my contract I will take the 45 mil you owe me and walk to Fox. Problem is his lawyers never made a time stipulation in the contract.  Because the Tonight Show has been on at the same time slot since inception they never thought to included it.  Contract only reads that Conan gets the Tonight Show which he did and will still have at 12:00. He could still walk but he would get no dough.

:doh:

However at 45 mil I don't feel too bad for him.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 01:26:27 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 01:41:33 PM »
Since Conan took over his show has sucked. I think Kimmel is the funniest of the bunch and that isnt saying much.

What does suck though is that apparently Conan said thats fine, you breached my contract I will take the 45 mil you owe me and walk to Fox. Problem is his lawyers never made a time stipulation in the contract.  Because the Tonight Show has been on at the same time slot since inception they never thought to included it.  Contract only reads that Conan gets the Tonight Show which he did and will still have at 12:00. He could still walk but he would get no dough.

:doh:

However at 45 mil I don't feel too bad for him.

You gotta feel sorry for him.  He looks like a tall one of these.  :bowl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 01:46:34 PM »
Conan is hilarious.

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 01:51:01 PM »
Conan is hilarious.

That is all.

He had some decent lines but was far from hilarious. 

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Crom laughs at your four winds. He laughs from his mountain.

They're all sluts! He's dead already!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 01:55:29 PM »
He had some decent lines but was far from hilarious. 

Personally I like
.. the gods are pleased with you, they will watch the battle.
Conan: Are they going to help?
No.
Conan: Well, then tell them to stay out of the way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »
Personally I like

Very solid, no doubt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 02:54:36 PM »
Conan is hilarious.

That is all.

His work with The Simpsons gets the man a lifetime pass.

He doesn't need it, though, because he is a funny motherfucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 02:55:50 PM »

That show just perpetuates the stereotype that George Lopez is funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 03:13:53 PM »
That show just perpetuates the stereotype that George Lopez is funny.
I see what you did there.

Kind of like what Mind of Mencia did for Carlos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 03:48:27 PM »
I see what you did there.

Kind of like what Mind of Mencia did for Carlos.

Wait, you mean Carlos Mencia is not funny? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan