Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Will SEC Perception Take A Hit?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Will SEC Perception Take A Hit?
« on: September 02, 2009, 02:47:15 PM »
In looking at this weeks opening games, the SEC faces a daunting task in several contests.  There are also a few "Trap" games that on the surface would seem to be easy victories, but could wind up biting some SEC teams in the proverbial a$$.  We all know how fickle the national media is and if the SEC takes it on the chin, you know how quickly every team, with the exception of Tim Teb...err, Florida will drop like a rock from all mention on the national scene.

Bama vs. Va. Tech: Two top 8 teams squaring off, both with a lot of question marks on offense with Tech's top back out, Bama with a new QB and a bit of a retooled line and ???'s about Julio and Ingram playing.  Both will play stout D.

UGA vs. OSU: My biggest worry here is UGA being able to score enough to keep up with the Cowpokes.  New QB and they weren't that damn skippy last year on offense even with Stafford and Moreno.  OSU WILL light up the scoreboard.

LSU vs. Washington: Trap game? Who knows?  The Huskies past wouldn't indicate that but they have a new regime and let's face it, LSU was teh sux last year.  Are they better?  Good test on the road against a PAC 1 foe.

Auburn vs. La. Tech:  Would this be an upset?  According to all the experts out there, it's become the sexy upset pick.  I would cry!!!  No, really, I'd cry like a damn baby.

Ole Mist vs. Memphis:  Anything's possible with former Auburn punching bag, Deron Furr playing safety for the Tiggers.  Memphis has a little more oomph on offense this year than people think and hey, it's Cold Piss.

U.S.Cocks vs. The Wolfsmack: On the road and a lot of people pick NCSnake to have a breakout year behind their ACC Player of the Year QB.

Florida vs. Charleston Southern:  I only threw this one in there to ask the question...Did you know that Charleston Southern also plays North Greenville..and Savannah State...and Wofford....and Presbyterian...and Stony Brook?  (Actually, no one really wants to go on the road to play Presbyterian)

Did you?

There's a ton of pitfalls this week and if the SEC lays an egg, which I think is highly probable in sveral games, watch how quickly the national media turns on this conference and proclaims that it's fallen on hard times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Will SEC Perception Take A Hit?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »

Florida vs. Charleston Southern:  I only threw this one in there to ask the question...Did you know that Charleston Southern also plays North Greenville..and Savannah State...and Wofford....and Presbyterian...and Stony Brook?  (Actually, no one really wants to go on the road to play Presbyterian)

Fun fact: One of my law school roommates is in the CSU hall of fame as the all time leading tackler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 03:46:20 PM »
This should be formalized and placed on the front page tomorrow morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 03:52:48 PM »
This should be formalized and placed on the front page tomorrow morning.

I don't think Wes' law school room mates are all that interesting. 

Now, Taylor had a few that...well, there was some front page material there.

Anyone feel free to add to, spice up, condense, edit or otherwise rewrite it and call it your own.  I still have th flu and I'm going to hit the Nyquil again as soon as I get home.  This flu sure has curtailed my drinking but Nyquil sales are at an all time high.  I love that stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »
Anyone feel free to add to, spice up, condense, edit or otherwise rewrite it and call it your own.  I still have th flu and I'm going to hit the Nyquil again as soon as I get home.  This flu sure has curtailed my drinking but Nyquil sales are at an all time high.  I love that stuff.
Is your tongue green?  I could always tell when my collge roomie was hitting the Nyquil - her tongue was glow in the dark green... 

And, fine, go ahead and twist that into whatever perverted sexual fantasies you wish... but Nyquil green tongue is a common enough phenomenon... common enough that the cops know to look for it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 04:08:52 PM »
Is your tongue green?  I could always tell when my collge roomie was hitting the Nyquil - her tongue was glow in the dark green... 

I thought it was because it would leave a green spot on your cli...nevermind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 04:09:16 PM »

And, fine, go ahead and twist that into whatever perverted sexual fantasies you wish... but Nyquil green tongue is a common enough phenomenon... common enough that the cops know to look for it!

Wait, wait, wait.  I just had a predominition.  Mrs. Wench, why don't you jump into the front page fray with a little sumpin' sumpin'?  Your writing skillz have always been teh tits and daily pages are what we need to drive some traffic our way.  Well?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 12:22:07 AM »
I thought it was because it would leave a green spot on your cli...nevermind.
Only in your fantasies, nerd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 12:25:05 AM »

Wait, wait, wait.  I just had a predominition.  Mrs. Wench, why don't you jump into the front page fray with a little sumpin' sumpin'?  Your writing skillz have always been teh tits and daily pages are what we need to drive some traffic our way.  Well?
I don't think my writing genre would attract the kind of audience you want...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 10:23:21 AM »
Is your tongue green?  I could always tell when my collge roomie was hitting the Nyquil - her tongue was glow in the dark green...  

And at what point during the dark did you get to see your roommates tongue? And did it look like a strobe?

There. How was that for a twist?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.