Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2003 AU-UM

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: 2003 AU-UM
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 02:15:01 PM »
So, do you reward the better employee with his/her own personal Chizphone?  Mount that baby right next to the drill press.

Did you say Mount?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 03:07:53 PM »
 I also understand that I have never had two employees whose skill sets matched so closely that one did not outshine the other in some fashion.  Maybe I need to get some different drill press operators?

These were copy editors, web editors and production assistants.  They were pretty much interchangeable.

During the coin flipping session, I always supported the female if it was a male/female decision and if two females were in contention, I backed the hottest of the two. 

I did call the hottest one of the entire group -- who lost the coin toss, unfortunately -- and ratted out the boss who tried to hit on her by telling her he'd "gone to the mat for her" and "done everything he could."   I guess everything he could was to call heads when the quarter flipped.

That was a really awful scene.  At one point we'd agreed to keep one girl who was relatively useful when another boss got his pecker in a twist because he was losing his "assistant" who was absolutely worthless (and sort of ugly) but sucked up to him in a big way.   When he kept throwing a fit, the main boss said "fine, we'll just cut them both."

He was fine with that.  It pissed me off because a valuable employee lost her job (and she had kids) when a pompous prick threw a fit.

I understand progressive discipline.  I wrote the handbook.  And I read it too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2009, 01:12:28 AM »
The karaoke crowd still loves to hear Creed, if anyone in the bar can sing it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.