No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: 2003 AU-UM
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 11:43:06 AM »
So at best the creed would be what you consider selective advice?
Hes lucky you didn't fly something else in his face. (see Tigers X golfing thread pictures)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 11:46:25 AM »
Looks like you selectively ignore this:

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's plastic piece of ass"

Is it plastic?  Or maybe symethicone? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 11:57:28 AM »
Don't fly the creed in my face.

Business is business.  There was nothing wrong with the Louisville flight beyond getting caught and blown out of proportion.  If you are going to remove one CEO you want to make sure you have a definite plan in place. That wasn't underhanded. It was business.

The clown circus Jacobs ran where Tuberville was shoved out the door and there was no plan in place is the royal ass-up.  You go around knocking on peoples front doors to ask if you can talk to their wives you're going to get a lot of doors slammed in your idiot face. And you end up with some bitch another guy is happy to be shed of.

Yeah. I'm saying it. Without hesitation. The best coaches would not talk to Jacobs because it was all being done in public. Idiot.

I agree. The only thing I didn't like about the plan to go to Louisville, was that they didn't cover their tracks enough. Yeah - that's right! I really wish it had gone through. Look at what Petrino did last year with a LOT less talent than us. Once he got his system into those players, Arky looked decent the last 6 games of the year...and they were started almost ALL underclassmen. Best side effect of jetgate "going through" would have been that we would have a much better coach right this minute than we actually DO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 12:36:33 PM »
I agree. The only thing I didn't like about the plan to go to Louisville, was that they didn't cover their tracks enough. Yeah - that's right! I really wish it had gone through. Look at what Petrino did last year with a LOT less talent than us. Once he got his system into those players, Arky looked decent the last 6 games of the year...and they were started almost ALL underclassmen. Best side effect of jetgate "going through" would have been that we would have a much better coach right this minute than we actually DO.
Not necessarily, I think his dream was to Coach NFL (remember thats where he came from). I think he would have bolted from us to go to the Falcons, assuming all else stayed the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 12:42:20 PM »
Nope.

Which parts of the Bible are selective?  

You do your best to adhere to the general principles while functioning in a society that requires you to follow the processes in place if you want to remain competitive.  

If we really don't want to remain competitive?  I'm really okay with that too.  

Just don't shiitake in one hand and wish in the other.  

When you used the example of an employee about to get fired you stated, "I knew it when she started talking about wanting to buy a new car.  I quietly told her that it was a risky move in this economy".  If I understood this correctly I contend that in lieu of speaking in tongues and secret meanings about not buying another car a greater service is done by explaining how they are fucking up and they are on borrowed time.  In my mind it does the employee a disservice by not attempting to mentor and grow them into what they were not before.

We agree to disagree and I am ok with that.  Just a difference in philosophies.  

Contrary to earlier statements I too live in teh real world.  I just don't believe that we cannot be competitive by having higher standards of how we conduct ourselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 12:42:59 PM »
So, Creed is back together? I got to where I hated that Scott Stapp fellow.  He got too big for his britches.
I should of been dead on a Sunday morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »
When you used the example of an employee about to get fired you stated, "I knew it when she started talking about wanting to buy a new car.  I quietly told her that it was a risky move in this economy".  If I understood this correctly I contend that in lieu of speaking in tongues and secret meanings about not buying another car a greater service is done by explaining how they are effing up and they are on borrowed time.  In my mind it does the employee a disservice by not attempting to mentor and grow them into what they were not before.

Contrary to earlier statements I too live in teh real world.  I just don't believe that we cannot be competitive by having higher standards of how we conduct ourselves.

I couldn't tell her at that point.  Things have to play out.  The decision had been made.  I can't get her replacement in immediately and I can't go lagging for two weeks while I wait around.  

She's been "counseled" and "mentored" and written up and scolded. She just isn't getting it done.  Her personal shiitake continues to impact the business.  And she's out.   Replacement on the way.  If you think you can mentor her into competency, she's all fucking yours.  I'll send you her address and phone number.  And also the phone number to her married boyfriend. And her estranged husband. And her kid's five doctors. And her back doctor. And her bowling league captain. And her hair stylist that only works on days she's schedule to work. And her manicurist who only works on days she's supposed to work. And her mechanic. And her vet...

It's business.

When big companies do layoffs do you think they just decide that day who is going to be canned?  Nope.  They talk about it for weeks -- months -- prior and make the decisions.  They've usually got boards up on the wall where they scratch out names and put them back on when they can scratch another one. But they don't tell the employees who are going to be affected.

When I worked at another company I watched my bosses decide who got to stay and who was laid off by flipping a damn coin when it was between two that had relatively similar skill sets and none or both had solid backing.  We couldn't tell them.

It's just business.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 01:14:52 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 01:14:57 PM »
I should of been dead on a Sunday morning.
Actual conversation I just had through the wall of my cubicle:

"Hey dude, have you heard the new Creed single? They just came out with it yesterday. It's called "Overcome". It's awesome. Old School Creed."

My reply: "Awesome."

He went on and on about how he's a huge Creed fan and how this album is classic old school Creed.

"(Whatever the guitar player's name) guitar solos, solid drumming by (whatever the drummer's name is)."

Me: "Awesome."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 01:16:16 PM »
When you used the example of an employee about to get fired you stated, "I knew it when she started talking about wanting to buy a new car.  I quietly told her that it was a risky move in this economy".  If I understood this correctly I contend that in lieu of speaking in tongues and secret meanings about not buying another car a greater service is done by explaining how they are fucking up and they are on borrowed time.  In my mind it does the employee a disservice by not attempting to mentor and grow them into what they were not before.

Also ...don't ever touch his face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 01:18:13 PM »
Actual conversation I just had through the wall of my cubicle:

"Hey dude, have you heard the new Creed single? They just came out with it yesterday. It's called "Overcome". It's awesome. Old School Creed."

My reply: "Awesome."

He went on and on about how he's a huge Creed fan and how this album is classic old school Creed.

"(Whatever the guitar player's name) guitar solos, solid drumming by (whatever the drummer's name is)."

Me: "Awesome."

I didn't know Creed put out enough stuff to have some of their music considered, "Classic old school".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Argo

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 01:23:46 PM »
I didn't know Creed put out enough stuff to have some of their music considered, "Classic old school".

If you heard their first record, it sounds a lot like it.  I'm not a Creed fan, but only because they sold out like the Hanson brothers after they sold a few records.  When I heard their new single yesterday, I was actually shocked when I found out it was Creed.

I still won't consider buying the record until I'm certain doves won't fly out of the CD case when I open it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 01:25:21 PM »

They have a greatest hits CD.  Consists of about four songs. 

What else do you need?

The GH CD came after three studio albums. 

I submit that you must have at least four studio albums before you're allowed to make a Greatest Hits.

It's okay to release a Live! CD after three, but not a Greatest Hits.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 01:26:11 PM »
If you heard their first record, it sounds a lot like it.  I'm not a Creed fan, but only because they sold out like the Hanson brothers after they sold a few records.  When I heard their new single yesterday, I was actually shocked when I found out it was Creed.

I still won't consider buying the record until I'm certain doves won't fly out of the CD case when I open it.

You don't have Limewire?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 01:27:29 PM »
You don't have Limewire?
T-O-R-R-E-N-T-S, people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 01:31:37 PM »
T-O-R-R-E-N-T-S, people.

Yeah, but if he's still buying "records"  maybe we should move him along in baby steps...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 01:37:11 PM »
Yeah, but if he's still buying "records"  maybe we should move him along in baby steps...

Nah, I don't buy records, just wanted to use the "doves flying out of their cd" analogy.  I guess "doves out of my hard drive" would have sufficed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009, 01:43:36 PM »
She's been "counseled" and "mentored" and written up and scolded.

You never said this and that is why I said "if I understood" what you were saying.  Progressive discipline is the best way IMO to not only do right by the employee but also by the comapny.

When big companies do layoffs do you think they just decide that day who is going to be canned?  Nope. They talk about it for weeks -- months -- prior and make the decisions.  They've usually got boards up on the wall where they scratch out names and put them back on when they can scratch another one. But they don't tell the employees who are going to be affected.
Layoffs or firing? They are two different problems that are dealt with in different ways.

When I worked at another company I watched my bosses decide who got to stay and who was laid off by flipping a damn coin when it was between two that had relatively similar skill sets and none or both had solid backing.  We couldn't tell them.

It's just business.

I understand business.  I also understand that I have never had two employees whose skill sets matched so closely that one did not outshine the other in some fashion.  Maybe I need to get some different drill press operators?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2009, 01:53:25 PM »
So, do you reward the better employee with his/her own personal Chizphone?  Mount that baby right next to the drill press.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."