Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A little help from the ATL contingent please...

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
A little help from the ATL contingent please...
« on: June 01, 2009, 12:44:02 PM »
I am on the verge of booking a room for Thursday night at the Hilton Garden Inn at Centennial Park...looks nice on teh innerwebs.  Is it a nice place for me to take the wife and son?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: A little help from the ATL contingent please...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 01:10:29 PM »
I am on the verge of booking a room for Thursday night at the Hilton Garden Inn at Centennial Park...looks nice on teh innerwebs.  Is it a nice place for me to take the wife and son?

Hotel is nice.  Don't be alone walking centennial  area after the sun goes down though.  Not really bad but just a good precaution.  Could be much worse if you were staying close to Turner field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 01:13:36 PM »
Hotel is nice.  Don't be alone walking centennial  area after the sun goes down though.  Not really bad but just a good precaution.  Could be much worse if you were staying close to Turner field.

Thanks, I remembered how bad the area was around the Ted, but I thought it wasn't so bad around the Centennial Park area...oh well.  We will just be driving there to sleep after the game at Turner anyway.

Thanks for the info.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 01:27:50 PM »
Thanks, I remembered how bad the area was around the Ted, but I thought it wasn't so bad around the Centennial Park area...oh well.  We will just be driving there to sleep after the game at Turner anyway.

Thanks for the info.

You would be fine on Marta as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 01:32:04 PM »

I have a parking pass for the game...would teh Marta be easier?  If so, I could eat that $10. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »

Marta gets a bad rap.  I use it as much as possible when I'm in ATL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »
Marta gets a bad rap.  I use it as much as possible when I'm in ATL.

Marta is EASY for sporting events and you can drink enough to make Taylor pretty and not worry about driving.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 01:43:20 PM »
you can drink enough to make Taylor pretty

I can drink a lot.

Excessive drinking is a skill that I've mastered.

I cannot, however, drink Taylor pretty.  I've tried.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 04:30:29 PM »
Take the MARTA and eat and save the $10 for a cold beer at the game.

Keep your kids outta the fountains at Centennial Olympic Park, unless you want them sharing space with bathing homeless people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 11:07:48 PM »
What's up with all this fucking rain?  No game tonight, but the Hilton is quite nice...and free wireless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 09:00:01 AM »
What's up with all this fucking rain?  No game tonight, but the Hilton is quite nice...and free wireless.

Man, I'm sorry the game was cancelled.  I had on the boob tube and was patiently waiting for McClouth's debut as a Brave, but was let down by mother nature.  You gonna make the make-up game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »
Man, I'm sorry the game was cancelled.  I had on the boob tube and was patiently waiting for McClouth's debut as a Brave, but was let down by mother nature.  You gonna make the make-up game?

Yeah, I'll probably just drive over after work and watch it.  Spent $100+ on tickets, so I might as well get something out of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions