Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

While You All Are Out Being Fags (Volume 588,558)...

While You All Are Out Being Fags (Volume 588,558)...
« on: May 24, 2009, 01:38:35 PM »
I've been dealing with the unexpected death of my girlfriend's father Thursday morning.  It's absolutely sureal that Wednesday evening we're joking about goofy shit on American Idol, and he's gone at 8 am the next morning, a visitation on Friday evening and buried by noon on Saturday.  You just never know in life.

Fuck.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 02:45:07 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: While You All Are Out Being Fags (Volume 588,558)...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 01:52:25 PM »
Sorry to hear that Tanner.  Heart attack? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 02:17:13 PM »
Sorry man, that sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 02:41:48 PM »
Thanks.  Yes, it was a heart attack.  The shit of it all is that he was already in the hospital for a few other issues that were seemingly under control.  The poor guy was suffering from congestive heart failure, lung disease and kidney failure. He'd been in ill health for this past year, and it's been expected that he wouldn't be around for two much longer. He had hurt his back which put him in two weeks ago, and because of some other contributing factors his ability to walk was in serious doubt.  He seemed ready to tackle it, but in the end a heart attack took his life.  I think he was just ready to go.

The hardest thing for me personally (something my girlfriend is clutching to as a sign that we were supposed to find each other when we met) is that our birthday is the same day in July.  It was a neat thing at first, but it's going to be a tough one this year.

He was a great guy, but at least I was able to forge a few memories before he checked out.  Have a few beers, or beverage of choice this weekend for the old man!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 02:53:17 PM »
Thanks.  Yes, it was a heart attack.  The shit of it all is that he was already in the hospital for a few other issues that were seemingly under control.  The poor guy was suffering from congestive heart failure, lung disease and kidney failure. He'd been in ill health for this past year, and it's been expected that he wouldn't be around for two much longer. He had hurt his back which put him in two weeks ago, and because of some other contributing factors his ability to walk was in serious doubt.  He seemed ready to tackle it, but in the end a heart attack took his life.  I think he was just ready to go.

The hardest thing for me personally (something my girlfriend is clutching to as a sign that we were supposed to find each other when we met) is that our birthday is the same day in July.  It was a neat thing at first, but it's going to be a tough one this year.

He was a great guy, but at least I was able to forge a few memories before he checked out.  Have a few beers, or beverage of choice this weekend for the old man!
Will do Chop, I'm sorry to hear about the loss.  Prayers for your girlfriend and her family have been sent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 06:32:52 PM »
Sucks man.  This scares me about my dad.  He's only 50 but he weighs 265 at only 5'8.  Luckily he just started a special health program at UAB this past week.  I hope he can finally drop the weight off. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 11:38:56 PM »
Tanner if you need anything give me a call, your girlfriend is lucky to have you by her side.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.