Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"The Tiger Prowl" read these quotes before making judgements....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
This is coming off of another board from a poster who's close to the Auburn program.

4/27 4:09pm

It's not about doing what would play well in the AU Trustees Board Room, or even what would get unanimous Auburn fan's approval (almost nothing would). It's about how to create just the right buzz, excitement, get kids and in some cases H.S. coaches talking about our program in ways that fit on a bumper sticker. Branding 101.

The "Tiger Prowl". A 4 or 5 star stud can remember that, and tell his buddies about it. "Yeah, the Auburn coaches were prowling at my school." Prowl. We're comin' after you, SaBear and Meyer, Mack Brown and Les Miles. We're gonna recruit every kid we like and who fits our program and what we're building. We're going to sell "family", because that's REAL at Auburn. We know you'll be Johnny Come Latelies and sell "family" too and use that word, just like Richt added a "Dawg Walk" and Bammer hired their version of Bro. Chette (Pfft). But kids are smart, intuitive (see the textbookgate, "Blink") and can tell a fraud when they see it. Because they will have been on our campus, felt and touched what it means.

And besides the buzz and show quality of the white limo with AU flags, here's another reason I love it . . . CGC is no doubt also using these memorable limo rides in the Mobile area which SaBear ($$$) retook the last two years to do some team building with his new executive team ("The Staff"). The valuable minutes talking recruiting, two-a-days coaching strategy, war stories, rival coaches' successes, failures, and strategic chinks in their armor, hell, even family and "non-coaching" stuff all amounts to bonding this staff together. If you've ever assembled an entirely new management team, you know the importance of that. Folks learn each other's style, Myers-Briggs Personality Type, and it pays big dividends when the heat of battle comes this Fall. They'll have each other's back, and avoid petty, divisive jealousies, etc. So think of the white limo as a more value-adding "Coaches BBQ".

And this one...this poster isn't close to the program, but it makes a lot of sense.

4/27 4:48pm

It's actually quite genius. If you were a 17 year old kid being recruited by all sorts of schools, and for the most part they just brought one or two coaches and tried the hard sell that way, it can work, but it's not impressive.

Now picture a limo decked out in some AU gear and flags pulls up to your school and starts everyone talking about "recruit X" is being seen by the AU coaching staff today. Not just one, but 7. That's huge. That is IMPACT and that's exactly what we need.

I also like the idea of starting out smaller, and each year building the limo a little better. Like next year, get a white hummer limo. Next year deck it out with tiger stripes and eyes and AU branding.

It's about imagineering, not just worrying about getting slapped by the media. Honestly, the media can suck it for all it's worth if they don't see the value in this.

It's a BRILLIANT marking and BRANDING tool and I'm glad our staff is on it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:14:57 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
Re: "The Tiger Prowl" read these quotes before making judgements....
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 07:16:48 PM »
Its an attempt to develop "buzz" akin to a movie studio doing Viral Markeing.
Case in point: Cloverfield
The viral marketing created a buzz that could not make up for the fact that the movie sucked and the word of mouth from those who actually went to see the stinkfest when it first opend killed it before many more people fell for it.
End result "Cloverfield" went to an early video release after being quickly pulled from theaters well in advance of its anticipated date.

You want to sign top recruits? Hire a coach that they can believe in. One they feel has the mental capacity, guts and balls to take them to the next level.
That kind of coach would not need to ride around town in a circus wagon.
Beepo the clown does though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Birmingham

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 08:08:58 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 08:28:25 PM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

BTW, I've seen, from an assistant coach in Mobile, who posted that, "Today these coaches Nailed It!!!"  All of the players were talking about the Auburn Stretch Limo and that it took them completely by surprise.  He said that nearly every window was full of teenagers trying to get a look at the Stretch.  Also, it's not about the type of vehicle that the coaches are coming in, it's the fact that 3/4ths of the Coaching Staff is coming to the school to see a certain prospect or two.

I heard that when Finebaum was making fun of the Coaches for taking a Limo to Mobile, today, that he got a certain caller.  The caller was 'The Limo Driver', lol....seriously.  When she stated that she was the Limo driver you could hear Finebaum nearly choke on his words, especially when she stated that she was his Limo driver a couple of years ago, when she took him to Mobile.  I wonder if that was the same Limo that the 5* Mexican and BJ Scott showed up in...Hmmmm, interesting.  Anyway, Finebaum gauffed at her and, while going to commercial break, said something like, well....I doinked her in the Limo.  :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

#2Bammer

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 08:42:20 PM »
Prowler you need to turn the computer off and go outside. Reality is not a bad place to be some. Instead of constantly staying online trying desperatly to find a legitimate argument that chizik was not the single worst hire in Auburn history.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 08:54:33 PM »
Prowler you need to turn the computer off and go outside. Reality is not a bad place to be some. Instead of constantly staying online trying desperatly to find a legitimate argument that chizik was not the single worst hire in Auburn history.
Too bad, you're too fuckin' stupid to realize that what Coach Chizik has done, up to right this very second, has been nothing short of great.  Does that mean that Auburn will go undefeated this upcoming year?  Nope, I hope we do, but I see that Auburn will go 8-5 or better.  I live in the NOW greaseybammer, you're the one that should actually go outside and see that today isn't 4 Months Ago.  Coach Chizik is here and, so far, he has done NOTHING to Auburn for me to be pissed off at him about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 09:00:13 PM »
Prowler before your wet dream date leaves he will make 5-7 seem like the good old days.
He has done nothing (0 nad goose egg) of any substance since he has been a head coach. Here, there anywhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 09:01:22 PM »
What would you say about this if saban or Kiffin or Richt had done this first? You would be laughing at this stupid publicity stunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 09:08:32 PM »
What would you say about this if saban or Kiffin or Richt had done this first? You would be laughing at this stupid publicity stunt.
Actually I wouldn't.  If they did this, I'd say...why the Fuck didn't we think about this first, Fuck.  If Coach Midget had done it first, the media would be all over the Stretch Limo like it was the Pope Mobile going from school to school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 09:16:57 PM »
Actually I wouldn't.  If they did this, I'd say...why the Fuck didn't we think about this first, Fuck.  If Coach Midget had done it first, the media would be all over the Stretch Limo like it was the Pope Mobile going from school to school.
This has to be the biggest bullshit statement ever to be posted to a message board. You would be all over it like a rat on a Cheet-o had CNS done it first. You would tell us that you "heard" this recruit and that recruit was taken for a ride in the limo, that we are desperate because we are feeling the heat from Chizik and Co. (see Chizik Effect), etc. It just so happens AU's savior did it first, so it is of course on the cutting edge and now there are recruits beating the coaches doors down to commit. You are very predictable, so I'm pretty sure I'm spot on in my assumption.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 09:48:33 PM »
Well your pretty fuckin stupid then.
There is a reson no one else is doing this. Its called "they aren't desperate enough to make ass clowns out of themselves.".
And if coach sadass did it then you would be lauging about how they had all their coaches piled up in a clown car.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 09:55:53 PM »
Just what kind of images do stunts like this raise in the minds eye of a potential recruit?

Can we risk that with the Public Relations hit Auburn took with this hire? I think not.
All chizik and crew are doing is proving me to be right even faster than I feared they would.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 09:56:51 PM »
Actually the VH gifis cool I hae I used it on this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 10:06:05 PM »
Actually the VH gifis cool I hae I used it on this thread.

just shut up you fucking bammer, you're not fooling anyone
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 10:15:09 PM »
Stewie things will get better for us on the plains soon. The cracks in the feet of shit on thestatue of chizik should be fairly obvious to you. Drop your fake anger towards the true Auburn fans and join us. Soon the chizik pestilence will be gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 10:32:23 PM »
You would be all over it like a rat on a Cheet-o had CNS done it first.

Sure we would.  Because Bama's limo would look like this.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 10:55:42 PM »
All chizik and crew are doing is proving me to be right even faster than I feared they would.
Wrong like always.  They haven't done anything wrong, you fuckin' dumbass bammer.  Everything that they've done up to this point has been nothing but Positive for Auburn.  If you can't see that then, it's amazing that you know how to turn on the computer, much less type.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 11:00:22 PM »
This has to be the biggest bullshit statement ever to be posted to a message board. You would be all over it like a rat on a Cheet-o had CNS done it first. You would tell us that you "heard" this recruit and that recruit was taken for a ride in the limo, that we are desperate because we are feeling the heat from Chizik and Co. (see Chizik Effect), etc. It just so happens AU's savior did it first, so it is of course on the cutting edge and now there are recruits beating the coaches doors down to commit. You are very predictable, so I'm pretty sure I'm spot on in my assumption.
The highlighted part of your post is the only part that would be true.  Not just that I'd be coming over here to tell everyone about a certain recruit taking a ride with Coach Midget'$ $taff, but that it would probably be true.....Ahhmmm 5* Mexican and BJ Scott.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions