Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gus is gussing

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Gus is gussing
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2021, 02:57:15 PM »
That last part right there.  See it?  This guy gets it.
Because he copied your post above?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2021, 03:03:31 PM »
So which is the bigger travesty? 

Gus as head coach of a wannabe major program or Marshmallow as “national CFB reporter”?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2021, 03:09:13 PM »
So which is the bigger travesty?

Gus as head coach of a wannabe major program or Marshmallow as “national CFB reporter”?
Have you ready anything any of the other "national CFB reporters" have put out in the last 10 years?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2021, 04:40:16 PM »
With his athleticism, just a season or so's worth of coarching on the finer points of the swim move and the bull rush could have him looking like a certain #5 that graced the line a couple years ago.  You cannot teach athleticism.

Also, I would freaking love to see a JUMBO package including 2 TEs and the Refrigerator lined up at FB for some short yardage pounding.

that's why everybody's doin'...the supaaaah bowl shuffle. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2021, 04:42:23 PM »
Because he copied your post above?

he said nothing about the 85 bears thank you very much. Now.....whatcha gonna do brother? Nanny nanny boo boo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2021, 12:00:13 PM »
With his athleticism, just a season or so's worth of coarching on the finer points of the swim move and the bull rush could have him looking like a certain #5 that graced the line a couple years ago.  You cannot teach athleticism.

Also, I would freaking love to see a JUMBO package including 2 TEs and the Refrigerator lined up at FB for some short yardage pounding.

We would all love to see Jumbo's package.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 02:10:19 PM »

only those of you who haven't already. JS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 02:44:09 PM »
It's great for some short yardage pounding...or so I hear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2021, 03:00:41 PM »
I would have to say, Nay Nay.  Nay Nay, I say.  Not even pretending to know how to coach that, or any other position on the field.  But we constantly hear about proper technique, playing too high, pad levels, hands, hips, swim moves etc.  I would think there's a helluva lot more to it than being a great athlete. 

I would also think there's a reason a 300 pound athlete like JJ either wasn't used on defense, or just plain sucked if he was.  5 total tackles in two years at the high school level doesn't give me the warm, moist fuzzies, especially when you think of now suddenly going up against SEC west linemen.

I'm all for the move if they see something in the guy as a D-lineman.  Obviously they do.  And I'm pretty sure those calls I missed from 1-334-755-4411 (Call from U.S.A.) weren't about my expired car warranty, but rather one of the Auburn staff trying to get my input.
I agree with wes and GH here.
They can coach him up in a reserve role until he learns the position. Only saw the field a handful of times per game as a TE.
We are in desperate need up front and stuffing the run can keep us in some games.
Talent needs to be on the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2021, 04:56:54 PM »
I agree with wes and GH here.
They can coach him up in a reserve role until he learns the position. Only saw the field a handful of times per game as a TE.
We are in desperate need up front and stuffing the run can keep us in some games.
Talent needs to be on the field.
I get the move and I think it's just something done out of necessity.  I trust that the coaches see something in him that make them believe he can contribute on that side of the ball.  We have a butt load of "traditional" style TE's on roster, so it's not a huge loss for the O. 

Now, you know I'm not a Gus fan.  Wanted him gone since the 27 QB game against Clemson 10 years ago.  Thankfully, that stinking, rotting, dead horse has been dragged off the Planez.  But I have to disagree with the "novelty" take on his usage last season.  The only novelty was Gus actually calling it a TE position.  

Pegues had 7 catches for 57 yards last season.  He was a "distant" second to Brandon Deal, who had 9 catches.  The bottom line is that CGM had all but quit using a TE as a weapon in his offense.  But, JJ working at that position and getting the occasional carry was not some dreamt up concoction from the twisted brains of MalMorris.  In his career in Oxford Miss., Pegues had 104 catches for over 1,400 yards and 14 TD's. He also rushed it 187 times for over 1,000 yard and 24 TD's.  He was right at home in those capacities and I'm 100% certain the staff told him during his recruitment that he would get every opportunity to get it done on offense.  Don't forget, the guy also crushed more than a few hapless defenders that dared cross the line.

As I said above, the guy played a total of 39 games in his HS career and had a whopping grand total of 5 tackles. Only two possibilities.  Either he sucked on that side of the ball, or they just didn't use him there.  I like to believe the latter.   But now that he's experienced play at this level, maybe he's a natural and will wreak havoc. I hope so.  I also hope he's not being wasted while trying to "coach him up" and teach him how to play defense in the SEC West.  

But I'll trust Coach Byron Harbinsons.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2021, 04:58:06 PM »
I get the move and I think it's just something done out of necessity.  I trust that the coaches see something in him that make them believe he can contribute on that side of the ball.  We have a butt load of "traditional" style TE's on roster, so it's not a huge loss for the O. 

Now, you know I'm not a Gus fan.  Wanted him gone since the 27 QB game against Clemson 10 years ago.  Thankfully, that stinking, rotting, dead horse has been dragged off the Planez.  But I have to disagree with the "novelty" take on his usage last season.  The only novelty was Gus actually calling it a TE position. 

Pegues had 7 catches for 57 yards last season.  He was a "distant" second to Brandon Deal, who had 9 catches.  The bottom line is that CGM had all but quit using a TE as a weapon in his offense.  But, JJ working at that position and getting the occasional carry was not some dreamt up concoction from the twisted brains of MalMorris.  In his career in Oxford Miss., Pegues had 104 catches for over 1,400 yards and 14 TD's. He also rushed it 187 times for over 1,000 yard and 24 TD's.  He was right at home in those capacities and I'm 100% certain the staff told him during his recruitment that he would get every opportunity to get it done on offense.  Don't forget, the guy also crushed more than a few hapless defenders that dared cross the line.

As I said above, the guy played a total of 39 games in his HS career and had a whopping grand total of 5 tackles. Only two possibilities.  Either he sucked on that side of the ball, or they just didn't use him there.  I like to believe the latter.  But now that he's experienced play at this level, maybe he's a natural and will wreak havoc. I hope so.  I also hope he's not being wasted while trying to "coach him up" and teach him how to play defense in the SEC West. 

But I'll trust Coach Byron Harbinsons. 

Coach Harebsteiner really has his act together. 

BTEE-DUBBZ - anyone making the trip to the Planes Sarrrrday? anyone? anyone? Bueller?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2021, 05:01:21 PM »
Coach Harebsteiner really has his act together.

BTEE-DUBBZ - anyone making the trip to the Planes Sarrrrday? anyone? anyone? Bueller?
Giving skrong consideration to the trip.  Haven't done anything in forevah other than drive through there about 2 months ago on the way to Lake Martin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions