Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gus is gussing

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Gus is gussing
« on: April 10, 2021, 03:31:55 PM »
Couple of things I noticed this week. 

Gus let UCF players wear Twitter addresses on their uniforms during the spring game.  That's the kind of rinky-dink idiocy he wanted to do at AU and I'm glad he's gone.  

Oddly enough, Brandon Marshmallow, that know-nothing piece of shit, has followed him - dickriding Gus to a spot where he serves as National CFB Reporter for 24/7 -- between big bites of his fried chicken, mayonnaise and pop-tart sandwiches, that is.  His big assignment this week was, surprise!, interviewing Gus.  

The interview (which I could not finish due to the dick sucking sounds coming from Marshmallow) was epic.  

"So who do you reach out to when you need advice or help with a situation these days, you know so many people in coaching..." 

Gus:  "Well yeah, old coaches.  But I mostly reach out to old pastor friends.  And leaders. Just leaders. But mostly old pastors..." 

Yeah, that's who I want the head coach looking to when the offense is struggling... Joel Osteen and Creflo Dollar. 

The guy is a clown.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Gus is gussing
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 01:51:15 AM »
Your words are sometimes as a poem...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 04:43:23 AM »
Meanwhile Auburn is so thin at DL, Corch Habriston and co. Moved JJ Twinkeltoes Flintstone to there from TE.  Thanks for leaving the cupboard so bare the offense continues to retrograde, Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 09:30:52 AM »
Meanwhile Auburn is so thin at DL, Corch Habriston and co. Moved JJ Twinkeltoes Flintstone to there from TE.  Thanks for leaving the cupboard so bare the offense continues to retrograde, Gus.
Luckily he left behind 85 TEs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 10:19:58 PM »
Luckily he left behind 85 TEs.
He wants to compete for championships regularly. They’re gonna be a better football team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 08:05:55 AM »
He wants to compete for championships regularly. They’re gonna be a better football team.
Somewhere in a basement with a tray of Louie's chicken fingers, Gene Chizik continues to watch the film.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 09:17:56 AM »
The future is bright
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 10:04:02 AM »
The future is bright
Are they a young team?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 10:32:20 AM »
If Pegues can truly help on the D-line, I'm all for an extremely athletic 300+ pounder making the move.  However, I hope they keep some short yardage packages on offense with him involved.  Skrate up fullback leading the way, or crushing hapless defenders coming across the line from the TE position.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 10:32:25 AM »
Meanwhile Auburn is so thin at DL, Corch Habriston and co. Moved JJ Twinkeltoes Flintstone to there from TE.  Thanks for leaving the cupboard so bare the offense continues to retrograde, Gus.
That's a far better use of JJ's size/athleticism than as a novelty TE.  Put the kid in his $$ position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 11:27:50 AM »
I hope it works out and he turns out to be a stud defensive lineman. But somewhat in Gus' defense, in JJ's two years of HS ball, 19'-20', he was used primarily as a RB and receiver.  In fact, he had 5 total tackles in those two years on defense.  So, it's a bit of a stretch to think Gus had him in the wrong position.

The other side of that is why he was even recruited in the first place when, as Buzz mentioned, we already had 85 TE's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 11:53:21 AM »
Are they a young team?
There's no doubt about that
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 11:54:29 AM »
That's a far better use of JJ's size/athleticism than as a novelty TE.  Put the kid in his $$ position.
Like.

Sounds like Eason is going to have these guys gettin' after it too.  Excited about the possibilities for this defense honestly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2021, 12:12:52 PM »
I hope it works out and he turns out to be a stud defensive lineman. But somewhat in Gus' defense, in JJ's two years of HS ball, 19'-20', he was used primarily as a RB and receiver.  In fact, he had 5 total tackles in those two years on defense.  So, it's a bit of a stretch to think Gus had him in the wrong position.

The other side of that is why he was even recruited in the first place when, as Buzz mentioned, we already had 85 TE's.
Think of it this way:

Dude is a fast-twitch gap filler.  He needs almost zero training to be effective at plugging a hole in the middle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 12:34:26 PM »
Think of it this way:

Dude is a fast-twitch gap filler.  He needs almost zero training to be effective at plugging a hole in the middle.
I would have to say, Nay Nay.  Nay Nay, I say.  Not even pretending to know how to coach that, or any other position on the field.  But we constantly hear about proper technique, playing too high, pad levels, hands, hips, swim moves etc.  I would think there's a helluva lot more to it than being a great athlete.  

I would also think there's a reason a 300 pound athlete like JJ either wasn't used on defense, or just plain sucked if he was.  5 total tackles in two years at the high school level doesn't give me the warm, moist fuzzies, especially when you think of now suddenly going up against SEC west linemen.

I'm all for the move if they see something in the guy as a D-lineman.  Obviously they do.  And I'm pretty sure those calls I missed from 1-334-755-4411 (Call from U.S.A.) weren't about my expired car warranty, but rather one of the Auburn staff trying to get my input.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2021, 01:17:38 PM »
I would have to say, Nay Nay.  Nay Nay, I say.  Not even pretending to know how to coach that, or any other position on the field.  But we constantly hear about proper technique, playing too high, pad levels, hands, hips, swim moves etc.  I would think there's a helluva lot more to it than being a great athlete. 

I would also think there's a reason a 300 pound athlete like JJ either wasn't used on defense, or just plain sucked if he was.  5 total tackles in two years at the high school level doesn't give me the warm, moist fuzzies, especially when you think of now suddenly going up against SEC west linemen.

I'm all for the move if they see something in the guy as a D-lineman.  Obviously they do.  And I'm pretty sure those calls I missed from 1-334-755-4411 (Call from U.S.A.) weren't about my expired car warranty, but rather one of the Auburn staff trying to get my input.
Panic on.

I think this will be a large course-correction over Gus's plan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 02:14:18 PM »

He very much had him in the wrong position......6'3 306?? Tight End??  Good coaches that are great at adapting players to different positions do that. I can't even remember how many players under Tubs switched positions when they made the leap from HS to College - with Tubs maybe wanting to do that a little too much sometimes (David Greene, Phillip Rivers). Reggie Torbor is one that sticks out as making the switch and never looking back. Same with Karlos Dansby - pretty sure he was mostly a WR coming out of Bham but it was obvious his frame was gonna let him be more successful at the D1 and NFL level as a mike or a hybrid end. To your point, wouldn't it be even more OBVIOUS he needed to perhaps try a line position when he's 300 lbs and we have 325 TE's on roster already?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 02:16:25 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2021, 02:20:04 PM »

I would also think there's a reason a 300 pound athlete like JJ either wasn't used on defense, or just plain sucked if he was.  5 total tackles in two years at the high school level doesn't give me the warm, moist fuzzies, especially when you think of now suddenly going up against SEC west linemen.

Terrance Cody and a dozen others like him would like a word with you bucko

We need a big warm body in the middle to cause a few issues and make a center or a guard accountable. If JJ can do that in a backup role even, he's far more valuable than as a novelty Fridge Perry role in the O. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2021, 02:53:14 PM »
Terrance Cody and a dozen others like him would like a word with you bucko

We need a big warm body in the middle to cause a few issues and make a center or a guard accountable. If JJ can do that in a backup role even, he's far more valuable than as a novelty Fridge Perry role in the O.
That last part right there.  See it?  This guy gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2021, 02:54:22 PM »
With his athleticism, just a season or so's worth of coarching on the finer points of the swim move and the bull rush could have him looking like a certain #5 that graced the line a couple years ago.  You cannot teach athleticism.

Also, I would freaking love to see a JUMBO package including 2 TEs and the Refrigerator lined up at FB for some short yardage pounding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions