Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Shockingly, Bo Nix Says Stupid Things

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Shockingly, Bo Nix Says Stupid Things
« on: March 18, 2021, 09:19:32 AM »
Here's the full quote when asked how he responds to criticism:

“One thing that always sticks out to me is, even going to the cross, Jesus had people talking bad about him,” said Nix, who has never tried to hide his religious beliefs. “So, if they were talking about him, then they’re going to consistently talk bad about me, that’s for sure. Like I said, there’s nothing you can do but continue to work, put my head down and do what I’m supposed to do, and do whatever I can to make my team better.”

I get what he's trying to say, but it's pompous, arrogant, and exemplifies everything that annoys me about this dude. Just say, "everyone has an opinion. I can't control what people say; I can just keep working harder to get better."

Draping himself in religiosity when his actions on the sidelines are so petulant and childish comes off like Joel Osteen in bad need of Proactiv.

Fail. Fail. Fail.

Link if you are interested
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 03:12:25 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Shockingly, Bo NIx Says Stupid Things
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 10:08:41 AM »
not quite Osteen yet.....he fell short of saying his Biblical destiny was that God wanted him to be a millionaire off the backs of the poor souls in the stands. now THAT would be Osteen. What a guy. Kind of like that Church of the Highlands doofus in Bammerham.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 10:14:18 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 10:40:42 AM »
not quite Osteen yet.....he fell short of saying his Biblical destiny was that God wanted him to be a millionaire off the backs of the poor souls in the stands. now THAT would be Osteen. What a guy. Kind of like that Church of the Highlands doofus in Bammerham.
God and Coarch Henninger just want you to be happy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 11:00:20 AM »

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.  I did not come to bring peace, I came to bring interceptions.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 11:11:11 AM »

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.  I did not come to bring peace, I came to bring interceptions. 
FUCK!  You owe me a monitor!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 11:21:10 AM »
I figured out why my like button doesn't work.  I've hit it too hard and it's apparently broken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 11:59:12 AM »
It's a well-debated topic whether or not JC can hit a curve ball or not. However, there's no doubt the Savior can properly execute a clock spike without need of assist from the booth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 02:59:38 PM »
It's a well-debated topic whether or not JC can hit a curve ball or not. However, there's no doubt the Savior can properly execute a clock spike without need of assist from the booth.
Let's not make this a holy war!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 01:55:28 PM »

Kaos finally hit the trifecta. Racism, sexism and now he’s a heretic.

Is it a sin to laugh at this one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Shockingly, Bo Nix Says Stupid Things
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 02:31:43 PM »
For those who are butthurt over Nix, it will be seen as negative. But I have seen overwhelming support of his answer from many many Auburn fans.
To each his own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2021, 10:40:54 AM »
Never understood why so many feel obligated to answer baited questions. Just say I don't know, haven't given it much thought and if pressed further just give them a blank stare.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2021, 11:29:36 PM »
For those who are butthurt over Nix, it will be seen as negative. But I have seen overwhelming support of his answer from many many Auburn fans.
To each his own.
Nobody would blink if these comments had come from Tebow. 

But.  The baby daddy rumors. The petulant, bratty behavior we’ve all seen on the sidelines.  The perception that he doesn’t get along with teammates. The fact that he name dropped Jesus out of the blue.... some just took it as phony to a degree of Jimmy Swaggart or Ernest Angley.  

Maybe it’s heartfelt.  Can’t speak to that.  But... but just imagine this. Galen’sGhost, on being banished from AUFamily says “I get it.  People will be that way.  You remember how the Pharisees condemned and crucified Jesus. I can relate.  But as I was taught I just turn the other cheek. Praise be. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.