Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So What If.....

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: So What If.....
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2020, 03:06:00 PM »
He's tainted according to the creed thumpers.  Plus, he would not let hardwood guys roam the sidelines.
That’s enough talk about my hardwood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2020, 03:39:54 PM »
So is Freeze just off the board?  As I said earlier, I think he'd be Gus The Sequel.  He doesn't thrill me, but UAB's coach does even less for me.  At least Freeze has recruited some elite players and corched in the SEC West.
I hope that bucky beaver fuck is off the planet.  

Wouldn't touch his sanctimonious ass with a 39 1/2 foot pole. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2020, 03:44:02 PM »

This is the only thing you’ve ever said that I agree with. Primarily due to the racism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2020, 03:50:14 PM »

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2020, 03:57:17 PM »
You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
My heart's an empty fucking hole. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2020, 04:05:02 PM »
How the hell do we hire Bruce but can't find our own dick when hiring a football coach?  At this rate we'll probably hire Bill Clark.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2020, 04:07:51 PM »
None of it matters.  We're a basketball school now!  :aoop:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

bgreene

« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2020, 04:08:55 PM »
How the hell do we hire Bruce but can't find our own dick when hiring a football coach?  At this rate we'll probably hire Bill Clark Hugh Freeze. 
Fixed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2020, 04:15:16 PM »
How the hell do we hire Bruce but can't find our own dick when hiring a football coach?  At this rate we'll probably hire Bill Clark. 
To Bill Clark

:bar:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 04:17:09 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2020, 04:44:19 PM »
Finebaum is making fun of us.  Big surprise there, right?  Also just read an article by Pat Forde entitled something along the lines of Auburn's coaching search already becoming comical.

Problem is, they're right.  

A couple of things here.  I truly believe that 90% of the information disseminated on a daily basis from "sources close to the situation" about the coaching search, is a load of cow crap thrown up against the wall to see what sticks and so somebody can claim they were right.  Nobody got the Chizik hire right and very few "insiders" saw the Gus Bus headed to Auburn.  But we'll eventually hire somebody and again, nobody will know the real story behind how he got the job. 

Here's the biggest problem for me.  They locked themselves into a $21 million buyout to get rid of a coach with no plan in place.  As I said earlier, that Air Petrino 747 should have already made that round trip and wrapped up a new coach long before that decision was made.  And here we are 8 days after Gus' firing being thought of as a laughing stock again.  

By failing to have a plan, we've opened ourselves up to ridicule, much of which is warranted because the even bigger failure is not having any leadership.  We appear completely dysfunctional and unfortunately, that may be just the case.  No one at Auburn is out in front of this thing and it looks like....again...that there's division between those who are supposed to be in charge, and those who want to be.  

As I said at the start, I don't believe 90% of the stuff being reported.  However, the picture being painted about recent events looks like this:

*We paid a man $21 million to leave.  A man with the best record in the SEC against the current measuring stick for all coaches.  WTF is Auburn thinking.

*Auburn formed a search committee.  No, they hired a search firm out of Atlanta to help find a coach.  No, it's actually a couple of boosters who will make the decision, but they're in totally different camps themselves. Stupid, dysfunctional Auburn.

*Mario Cristobal was their number one target, but he turned them down.  

*Kevin Steele now appears to be the man.  Why?  Well, because according to "sources", Bobby Lowder and others have been planning this coup for the last three years to get Gus out and put Steele in his place.  But now the Auburn fan base has started a #notsteele or #fucksteele or #anybodybutsteel go fund me page or some shit.  So Steele's out....unless he's not.

*Billy Napier is now the leading candidate, but wait, he's staying at Louisiana.  Sarkisian will interview at Auburn, but wait, no he's not.  Hey Paaawwwwwl, all these here coaches is turning Awbren down.  How many we up to Paaaawwwl?

*Bill Clark is now the leading candidate..... 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2020, 04:57:44 PM »
:bar: To Bill Clark being announced at a 4:30 press conference.

I didn't say what day or who was holding the press conference or what the press conference would be about.  See what I did there?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2020, 05:03:15 PM »
Bottom line is, we gonna get whomever the fuck Snags and Big Jimmy say we gone get. And like it.

Or, they will burn this motherfucker down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2020, 05:17:00 PM »
Finebaum is making fun of us.  Big surprise there, right?  Also just read an article by Pat Forde entitled something along the lines of Auburn's coaching search already becoming comical.

Problem is, they're right. 

A couple of things here.  I truly believe that 90% of the information disseminated on a daily basis from "sources close to the situation" about the coaching search, is a load of cow crap thrown up against the wall to see what sticks and so somebody can claim they were right.  Nobody got the Chizik hire right and very few "insiders" saw the Gus Bus headed to Auburn.  But we'll eventually hire somebody and again, nobody will know the real story behind how he got the job.

Here's the biggest problem for me.  They locked themselves into a $21 million buyout to get rid of a coach with no plan in place.  As I said earlier, that Air Petrino 747 should have already made that round trip and wrapped up a new coach long before that decision was made.  And here we are 8 days after Gus' firing being thought of as a laughing stock again. 

By failing to have a plan, we've opened ourselves up to ridicule, much of which is warranted because the even bigger failure is not having any leadership.  We appear completely dysfunctional and unfortunately, that may be just the case.  No one at Auburn is out in front of this thing and it looks like....again...that there's division between those who are supposed to be in charge, and those who want to be. 

As I said at the start, I don't believe 90% of the stuff being reported.  However, the picture being painted about recent events looks like this:

*We paid a man $21 million to leave.  A man with the best record in the SEC against the current measuring stick for all coaches.  WTF is Auburn thinking.

*Auburn formed a search committee.  No, they hired a search firm out of Atlanta to help find a coach.  No, it's actually a couple of boosters who will make the decision, but they're in totally different camps themselves. Stupid, dysfunctional Auburn.

*Mario Cristobal was their number one target, but he turned them down. 

*Kevin Steele now appears to be the man.  Why?  Well, because according to "sources", Bobby Lowder and others have been planning this coup for the last three years to get Gus out and put Steele in his place.  But now the Auburn fan base has started a #notsteele or #fucksteele or #anybodybutsteel go fund me page or some shit.  So Steele's out....unless he's not.

*Billy Napier is now the leading candidate, but wait, he's staying at Louisiana.  Sarkisian will interview at Auburn, but wait, no he's not.  Hey Paaawwwwwl, all these here coaches is turning Awbren down.  How many we up to Paaaawwwl?

*Bill Clark is now the leading candidate.....
Good God I said this in three sentences. Finebaum, no leadership, media meddling, laughing stock.

And nobody is out of the running for this kind of money.
Not even the most vehement deniers.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 05:18:48 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2020, 05:28:51 PM »
Good God I said this in three sentences. Finebaum, no leadership, media meddling, laughing stock.

And nobody is out of the running for this kind of money.
Not even the most vehement deniers.
Damn it, people like reading my takes.  I have a huge brain and know stuff.  And people.  And I have an 11 pound dog named Gus that my wife named after some mouse in the Cinderella story.  It was her Christmas present last year so she could name it anything she wanted.  I was against it but thought better of making my opinion known.  He's a cute little fella and I call him Gus Gus in a really weird voice.  You know how you talk to your dog in the voice you think they'd have if dogs could talk.  But they can't.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2020, 05:41:03 PM »
Damn it, people like reading my takes.  I have a huge brain and know stuff.  And people.  And I have an 11 pound dog named Gus that my wife named after some mouse in the Cinderella story.  It was her Christmas present last year so she could name it anything she wanted.  I was against it but thought better of making my opinion known.  He's a cute little fella and I call him Gus Gus in a really weird voice.  You know how you talk to your dog in the voice you think they'd have if dogs could talk.  But they can't. 
Would have liked this were it possible.
BTW Publix has Czech made Pilsner Urquell. Some smooth goodness at 4.4.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2020, 05:52:57 PM »
I don’t talk to my dog like a queer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2020, 05:55:30 PM »
I don’t talk to my dog like a queer.
That's a surprise. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2020, 06:07:31 PM »
My daughter has a bearded dragon she named Gus after the character on Psych.  Every time I see it, I imagine it wearing a sweater vest. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2020, 06:09:24 PM »
Does little Gus Gus view the film?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2020, 06:35:12 PM »
Live look at a member of the Auburn board discussing the vacant head coaching spot with Rush Probst. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions